Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Virginia’s Robert E. Lee Statue Coming Down

Exclamation Virginia’s Robert E. Lee Statue Coming Down

End of History: Virginia’s Robert E. Lee Statue Coming Down

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...e-coming-down/

Simon Kent 7 Sep 2021

A 130-year-old statue of Civil War General Robert E. Lee that dominates a traffic circle in Richmond, Virginia, will fall Wednesday. The demise of the largest extant Confederate monument in the United States draws to a close a series of protracted legal challenges that began more than a year ago when Gov. Ralph Northam ordered its removal.

“Virginia’s largest monument to the Confederate insurrection will come down this week,” the Democratic governor said in a statement. “This is an important step in showing who we are and what we value as a Commonwealth.”

As Breitbart News reported, the iconic statue weighs approximately 12 tons, stands 21 feet tall, and has been on a 40-foot pedestal for 130 years.

A string of lawsuits have been mounted over the years seeking to strike it down, however a deed signed in 1890 that gave Virginia control of the monument prevented its removal.

The nationally recognized, French-made statue became the epicenter of a protest movement in Virginia after the death of George Floyd.

A judge in Richmond, Virginia, on Monday temporarily blocked Gov. Ralph Northam’s order to tear down a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee that has towered over a traffic circle since it was erected 130 years ago. https://t.co/4x3sJBdxz7

— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) June 10, 2020

William Gregory, a descendent of the donating family, fought the removal. He argued original deeds from more than a century ago stated the state agreed to view the monument and the ground it stands upon as “perpetually sacred.”

Now that notion has been overturned after the Virginia Supreme Court ruled last week in the state’s favor and approved the statue’s demolition, UPI reports.

In its unanimous ruling, the court said there was no evidence in the original deeds made with the state showing that he had any ownership interest in any land concerning the statue, “[t]hus, he has no property right related to the Lee monument,” allowing for it to be torn down.

The statue, erected in 1890, will be placed in storage until a decision has been made on what to do with it as well as the protest graffiti which has gathered over the base in the past year.

“We are taking an important step this week to embrace the righteous cause and put the ‘Lost Cause’ behind us,” Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney said, according to UPI.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “Virginia’s largest monument to the Confederate insurrection will come down this week,” the Democratic governor said in a statement. “This is an important step in showing who we are and what we value as a Commonwealth.”
    He ain't lying.

Only a matter of time before they come for Jefferson. That's the scary part - there is no satisfying these people.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Only a matter of time before they come for Jefferson. That's the scary part - there is no satisfying these people.
    “If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever,"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Back in '12 when I was at PhillyPhreedom we thought we'd check out the Liberty Bell. It was inside of a high security building. To enter, you had to remove your shoes, be searched by government agents, even the kids had to lift their shirts up to the necks.
    To this day I don't know what the inside of that 4th Amendment Land of the Free Home of the Brave building looks like.

That was the beginning of my trek toward Individualism.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Can we troll them enough to get them to take down the Lincoln Memorial?
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Can we troll them enough to get them to take down the Lincoln Memorial?
    + Rep

Praising, voting, DEITY... good intentions always leads to bad consequences. Individualism, self-responsibility, is the only way out. Otherwise, keep sinking money for nothing.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Or the Capitol Rotunda, adorned with the Apotheosis of Washington.

This one shouldn't even be controversial. There shouldn't be a single Christian, Jew, or Muslim in the USA who tolerates this blatant idolatry.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    “If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever,"
    That famous line is in the opening salvo of one of my favorite podcasts.
    http://tkelly6785757.podomatic.com/

Concerning this statue removal, I'm against it...

Nature has endowed the various races of man with widely different qualities, bodily and mental, much in the same way as it has done with several closely allied species of the lower animals. When the qualities of different races of man are equal, no detriment results from their union. The mongrel French and English are equal to the pure breeds of Germany and Scandinavia. When, on the other hand, they are unequal, deterioration of the higher race is the inevitable result." John Crawford. Anthropological Review, Vol. I., page 405.

Ya got a 16 ft statue of Lenin in Seattle . You got house rep's drafting legislation for women to be drafted . Ya live in a society where half oppose pot but half support abortion . If you think this is salvageable I'm here to tell you that is most likely wrong .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Ya got a 16 ft statue of Lenin in Seattle . You got house rep's drafting legislation for women to be drafted . Ya live in a society where half oppose pot but half support abortion . If you think this is salvageable I'm here to tell you that is most likely wrong .
    Pretty much thinking along your lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    John Crawford. Anthropological Review, Vol. I., page 405.[/I]
    You just never stop, do you troll?

This is not that sewer stormfront and we do not appreciate the pipeline to that sewage. How many time will you have to be banned, Floral Scent, before you get that through your head?

Don't even try to argue relevance. Lee was descended from the very people who further "diversified" this continent, and by force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You just never stop, do you troll?

This is not that sewer stormfront and we do not appreciate the pipeline to that sewage. How many time will you have to be banned, Floral Scent, before you get that through your head?

Don't even try to argue relevance. Lee was descended from the very people who further "diversified" this continent, and by force.
    You're the one whom is trolling I.

Quite a bit lately, for some reason.
    If you think I'm going to be banned here for posting a quote from Archaeological Review, you have another thing coming.

Using the language incorrectly in an attempt to sound highbrow cannot disguise the fact that this site is about Ron Paul and his movement. Which, in turn, is about individuals and their freedom, not about eugenics. If you want to talk eugenics, go see if Bill Gates has a forum.

Quite a bit lately, for some reason.
    If you think I'm going to be banned here for posting a quote from Archaeological Review, you have another thing coming.
    Mengele was a doctor. Quote him next. Please.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Using the language incorrectly in an attempt to sound highbrow cannot disguise the fact that this site is about Ron Paul and his movement. Which, in turn, is about individuals and their freedom, not about eugenics. If you want to talk eugenics, go see if Bill Gates has a forum.

Stop trolling me. I have never endorsed EUGENICS, nor did I mention it in ANY CONTEXT in this thread.

So you suppose that if I quoted Josef Mengele for some reason, I would be banned here? That's interesting.
    Any mods want to chip in on that prospect?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any mods want to chip in on that prospect?
    Good idea, FloralScent. And while he's here, we can discuss this:

Having your previous account banned is not a valid reason for an additional account.

I=subject of verb
    whom=direct object

So I think acptulsa probably agrees with you here.
    Ron Paul

Or the Capitol Rotunda, adorned with the Apotheosis of Washington.

This one shouldn't even be controversial. There shouldn't be a single Christian, Jew, or Muslim in the USA who tolerates this blatant idolatry.
    They pd pretty good money for all that fancy painting . Pretty sure they got what they wanted or they wouldnt have hired an Italian painter.
    Do something Danke

They pd pretty good money for all that fancy painting . Pretty sure they got what they wanted or they wouldnt have hired an Italian painter.
    Oh yes, a painting of the apotheosis of Washington was certainly what they wanted, that the dwellers on the earth might be deceived into worshiping the image of the beast.
    Ron Paul

Virginia cuts Confederate Gen. Robert Lee statue into pieces

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — A crowd erupted in cheers and song Wednesday as work crews hoisted an enormous statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee off the pedestal where it has towered over Virginia’s capital city for more than a century.

One of America’s largest monuments to the Confederacy, the equestrian statue was lowered to the ground just before 9 a.m., after a construction worker who strapped harnesses around Lee and his horse lifted his arms in the air and counted, “Three, two, one!” to jubilant shouts from a crowd of hundreds. A work crew then began cutting it into pieces.

“Any remnant like this that glorifies the Lost Cause of the Civil War, it needs to come down, said Gov. BLACKFACE Ralph Northam, who called it “hopefully a new day, a new era in Virginia.” The Democrat said it represents “more than 400 years of history that we should not be proud of.”
    “This is a historic moment for the city of Richmond. The city, the community at large is saying that we’re not going to stand for these symbols of hate in our city anymore,” said Rachel Smucker, 28, a white woman who moved to Richmond three years ago. “I’ve always found it to be offensive, as a symbol of protecting slavery and the racism that people of color still face today.”
    https://apnews.com/article/robert-e-...f379ddc28df8a0

Oh yes, a painting of the apotheosis of Washington was certainly what they wanted, that the dwellers on the earth might be deceived into worshiping the image of the beast.
    Ironic that this was done to the man who refused to be king.

If George had been resurrected even that long ago, he'd have probably demanded that the city be renamed something else. Now he'd do the same about the state.

Ironic that this was done to the man who refused to be king.

If George had been resurrected even that long ago, he'd have probably demanded that the city be renamed something else. Now he'd do the same about the state.
    I was just thinking that RE Lee probably wouldn't want his likeness displayed in this country as it has become.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    https://apnews.com/article/robert-e-...f379ddc28df8a0

Rachel Smucker, 28, a white woman who moved to Richmond three years ago.
    Wanna take bets on where Ms. Smucker came from?

Snips taken from:

Isle of L.A. Part III: Gringo Star Supernova

David Cole

My regular readers are familiar with my concept of “Critical Mass Unsalvageables.” It’s never a matter of an entire community being unsalvageable—there will always be people in any community who are decent and productive—but rather whether a community has reached peak unsalvageables, making the harm done by that community so great as to nullify the presence of the decent and productive. L.A.’s blacks long ago reached Critical Mass Unsalvageables. Individually, there are a lot of great blacks out here, some of whom are my lifelong friends. But the city’s better off without the community. Secular American Jews (as opposed to the Orthodox and Persians) are politically unsalvageable. Most will never stop waging war against Western civilization. The destroyers nullify the polio curers.

So, our Mexicans are untested, and our rapidly decreasing blacks, our gradually increasing Asians, and our moneyed and influential secular Jews are a lost cause. What about our non-Jewish non-Hispanic whites?

Ay yi yi, they’re the woist of all. The leftist ones represent the bottom of the barrel of self-hating “please genocide me before I enslave again,” “I hope my son goes tranny so that my foul DNA might dead-end with my progeny’s amputated penis” wastes of space. The mostly non-Jewish white upscale deep-blue city of Manhattan Beach, for example, is filled with self-flagellating WASPs who spend their time trying to make their safe city less safe by “giving land back” to blacks who were supposedly racisted out of town in the 1920s.

And now Manhattan Beach is regularly visited by black criminals, from serial rapists to boardwalk thieves to a home-invasion attempted murder just a week ago. I’m sure the guilt-ridden Robin DiAngelos of Manhattan Beach excuse these crimes as justified reparations owed to noble negroes.

There are plenty of sane white folks in California; we still have some strongly red areas (sorry to disappoint those who want to paint the entire state as a dystopia). But L.A. County? As with our blacks, there are some fine whites here, but not nearly enough to make a difference. Our whites are at peak unsalvageables.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Lenin statue was meant to be ironic when the guy bought it and put it up there in Fremont. I don't think it was the greatest execution of humor, but it is what it is. What's crazy, is that in the decades since, it's become accepted as a full tribute. Seattle used to be very libertarian even though they didn't realize it. Now that Marxist thinking has completely taken it over, it's a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I was just thinking that RE Lee probably wouldn't want his likeness displayed in this country as it has become.
    I wouldn't.

Now that the source of oppression has been removed, there should theoretically be less murders in Chicago next weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Escalation

All that does is inspire pro-Confederate types like myself to more vehemently take up the cause of the South in fighting for more decentralized government.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

There can't be two smart peoples in the world. ...- Josef Mengele

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    All that does is inspire pro-Confederate types like myself to more vehemently take up the cause of the South in fighting for more decentralized government.
    It's interesting that you think that considering that the CSA's government was more centralized than the USA's.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast