Thread: Government does not need to “mandate” anything when it can get corporations to do the same

Exclamation Government does not need to “mandate” anything when it can get corporations to do the same

Eric Peters nails it...

GM Says: Ihre Papieren, Bitte!

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2021...apieren-bitte/

By eric - August 27, 2021

It used to be governments that demanded to see your “papers.” Today, it’s corporations. Which function as governments, without the bother of elections – without the hassle of having to pass laws that might be reviewed (and rejected) by courts.

Instead, policies – which have the force and effect of laws – and which you cannot appeal. There is only the choice: Comply – or be fired.

Which wouldn’t be so terrible were it not for the terrible fact that corporations – a relative handful, effectively – now own the country, in the sense that is becoming very difficult for anyone to find employment that isn’t corporate. The tentacles of the octopus reach into every nook and cranny. Even businesses that aren’t corporations often have to deal with them – as suppliers, as their major customers.

And thereby, the corporations set policies which become very difficult to avoid.

The genius of this deserves grudging respect. It is the realization of Mussolini’s dictum about “Everything in the State, nothing outside the State, nothing against the State” – via corporations, which exploit their disingenuous status as “private” enterprises to audaciously impose that which the state dare not even propose.

GM has just imposed a requirement that every salaried employee must produce papers to prove they have rolled up their sleeve and been injected with the Jab that the corporation decrees they must submit to as a condition of their employment. That is to say, do this – or be fired.

It will be done via a “confidential reporting tool” – with all the confidentiality that attends providing a corporation with details about yourself. It’ll be just between you . . . and every sour-pussed frau in the “human resources” department; every busybody at the HMO that issues the corporate health insurance policy. And of course, the corporation’s partner, the government – which will surely have the same access to everything in the corporate database that the DMV/car insurance partnership has regarding your “status.”

According to the Detroit News, the papers, please policy will initially affect 40,000 workers. Italicized to reflect the reality that – eventually – this will encompass everyone who does business with GM, perhaps even car journalists such as this writer. Is it unlikely that access to press cars for evaluation will soon be conditional upon Proof of Jab?

It is inevitable.

Government can only do so much, in part because government is not everywhere. When the country became a “Homeland” some 20 years ago this September 11th – and it became impossible to travel by air without being degraded by being presumed a “terrorist” and made to spread your legs to prove otherwise – it was possible to opt out by no longer traveling by air.

One could still drive.

It was inconvenient, obviously, to put airports on the No-Go list but it was a doable thing. Life could go on. More importantly, work could go on. Certain jobs require air travel, it is true. But not most. One could get a different job, if one didn’t like the idea of having to spread one’s legs and stand there like a convicted felon being processed while a government agent touched you in places and ways that were – prior to America-as-a-Homeland – an act of criminal sexual assault.

But how do you avoid being processed at work? When the only work – as a practical matter – is corporate work?

“Reporting your vaccination status to GM Medical helps the company assess the overall immunity level of our employee population and determine appropriate measures to support employee safety,” says Dr. Jeffery Hess, GM’s corporate medical director.

Any relation to Rudolf?

Or perhaps Karl – as in Docktor Professor und SS-Standartenfuhrer Karl Brandt?

“In addition to helping assess the overall immunity of our employee population, the information will also be used to verify compliance with COVID-19 safety protocols, such as mask wearing, and influence future public health decisions the company may need to make to continue to protect our employees and the business,” says GM spokesperson Maria Raynal.

When – how – did corporations become arbiters of the health of the people who work for them? It happened, of course, when corporations became the dispensers of health insurance, tied to corporate employment – a misbegotten thing arising from government, after the latter imposed wage and price controls some 80 years ago, during World War II (also brought to you by government). Corporations could not pay employees more money to lure employees, so they paid them in kind – with health coverage, provided by the corporation.

Of course, this benefit came at a cost. The employee’s health was now a matter of corporate “concern,” as opposed to his own business. It became the wedge used to insert the corporation into the employee’s business.

No-smoking edicts; degrading requirements to pee in a cup while someone watches – to assure the corporation you’re not a drug addict.

And now, 80-something years after the fact, corporations assert their regal prerogative to require employees to submit to dangerous medical procedures and produce proof – papers – that they have submitted.

Else be fired – and good luck finding a job anywhere else. Else lose accrued benefits, including perhaps years invested in a corporate pension or supported 401k. The weight of this leverage is enormous, especially since there is little, if any alternative.

The government hardly needs to “mandate” anything when it can get corporations to do the same on its behalf, the both of these entities profiting from the degradation and dehumanization imposed on people rendered economically impotent to resist.

Is there a solution? A way out?

Yes.

Corporations must be done away with. Their have-it-both-ways status.

These creatures of government, masquerading as private enterprises.

Which they are to the same degree that Caitlyn Jenner is a woman. It was – it remains – an enormous, a suicidal mistake, to grant government-created entities the status of private enterprises. They are not, by definition. Only human beings can rightly be said to own property; not legally confected “corporate persons.” And one can only hold flesh-and-blood human beings accountable for the harms they cause

What is going on now would be all-but-impossible in a free market, decentralized system of thousands of individually-owned business, owned and run by human beings and bound by the same rules that have always bound human beings.

A relative handful of giant corporations are able to abuse human beings because of their government-granted status as corporations; they have the legal benefit of “rights” – without the human obligation of being held responsible for the harms they cause.

They can do as they like, with impunity – driven by sociopathy. They are unbound by empathy or conscience, nor chastened by guilt. They crave dominion and that is all.

They are able to act as governments, without the essential restrictions that keep governments in check, somewhat – such as elections and courts that can be used to challenge what governments do and without which government becomes transparently illegitimate, tyrannical – and which can be rightly resisted with every effort that can be brought to bear.

Until similar discipline is applied to corporations, we can expect to be tyrannized by them to a degree no government has ever achieved.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, he did nail it… another into the coffin.

Now to solve the problem.

- Jan 20, 2021 Trump Revokes Lobbying Ban He Signed At The Beginning Of His Presidency

^ THAT is a problem. ^

Until People hold them fully accountable, nothing will ever get solved.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

These creatures of government, masquerading as private enterprises.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Yes, he did nail it… another into the coffin.

Now to solve the problem.

- Jan 20, 2021 Trump Revokes Lobbying Ban He Signed At The Beginning Of His Presidency

^ THAT is a problem. ^

Until People hold them fully accountable, nothing will ever get solved.
    Is that really the problem? Or is that just a symptom of the problem you hint at in your last sentence? The root problem is that people keep supporting or acquiescing to collectivism and outright tyranny. Does anyone think we'd even be talking about vaccine mandates if 80-90% of Americans refused to mask up?
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Is that really the problem? Or is that just a symptom of the problem you hint at in your last sentence? The root problem is that people keep supporting or acquiescing to collectivism and outright tyranny. Does anyone think we'd even be talking about vaccine mandates if 80-90% of Americans refused to mask up?
    Never, Ever, Fund The Enemy.

And never makes excuses for those that do.

Never, Ever, Fund The Enemy.

And never makes excuses for those that do.
    I'm not sure I follow. Do you see me as funding the enemy or making excuses for those that do?
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

I'm not sure I follow. Do you see me as funding the enemy or making excuses for those that do?
    I don’t know. All I know is, even after presenting Donald Trump On The Record, most republicans who I speak with defend-to-the-hilt every atrocious thing that he did, and will in fact vote for him if he runs again.

As for me, I’m not a closet lib “wrapped in a flag”, so there ain’t no way I’ll ever “support” him, much less vote for him.

If he/she is not part of the “club”, he/she will never be on a national ballot. RP never once made it past convention.

Follow the Tax Dollars?

Couldn't the issue be resolved if it were revealed that corporations like GM received tax dollars in order to remain economically viable, and because of that, they're functioning as subsidiaries of the federal government?
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don’t know. All I know is, even after presenting Donald Trump On The Record, most republicans who I speak with defend-to-the-hilt every atrocious thing that he did, and will in fact vote for him if he runs again.

As for me, I’m not a closet lib “wrapped in a flag”, so there ain’t no way I’ll ever “support” him, much less vote for him.

If he/she is not part of the “club”, he/she will never be on a national ballot. RP never once made it past convention.
    Gotcha, you're so focused on Trump hate that you missed my point. I'll try again. Government and corporations are not the problem, they are the symptoms of the problem of a population that either embraces them or acquiesces to them. You're saying Trump was a problem and that the solution is for people to "hold them fully accountable" -- I'm saying the people are the problem. People keep voting, funding, and otherwise supporting collectivism and tyranny in both private and "public" sectors. To say Biden is a problem or Trump is a problem misses the root cause of all of this. Again, would we even be talking about vaccine mandates if 80-90% of the people refused to mask up?

And if the "closet lib wrapped in a flag" comment was directed at me, you undoubtedly have me confused with someone else.

H.L. Mencken

Gotcha, you're so focused on Trump hate that you missed my point. I'll try again. Government and corporations are not the problem, they are the symptoms of the problem of a population that either embraces them or acquiesces to them. You're saying Trump was a problem and that the solution is for people to "hold them fully accountable" -- I'm saying the people are the problem. People keep voting, funding, and otherwise supporting collectivism and tyranny in both private and "public" sectors. To say Biden is a problem or Trump is a problem misses the root cause of all of this. Again, would we even be talking about vaccine mandates if 80-90% of the people refused to mask up?

And if the "closet lib wrapped in a flag" comment was directed at me, you undoubtedly have me confused with someone else.
    I am not necessarily directing it toward you.

What I am saying is, Trump took money from Pfizer, prior to taking presidential office, which funded his inauguration. Trump did many things to Fund the Enemy… As Pied Piper, republicans forgive and overlook how all of his actions got the ball rolling. Had Trump NOT taken money from Pfizer, signed bills to fund the pharmaceutical complex, Gates’ companies, OWS, and instead stated that .gov has NO business in healthcare, we would not be at this juncture.

It may have been a “mistake” to vote the NY Lib in 2016. But knowing his atrocious Record, one that made Obummer look like a strict conservative, to “support” or vote for him again clearly identifies who the closet libs are.

I fully endorse and support my statement above.

the people are the problem. People keep voting
    By golly I think you've gotten it!

The State is a gun on a table in a room full of people voting on who should get to hold the gun.

Get rid of the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post

The State is a gun on a table in a room full of people voting on who should get to hold the gun.

Get rid of the gun.
    He did get it :-)

I get winded sometimes, hoping others will figure it out ;-)

Get rid of the gun.

He did get it :-)

I get winded sometimes, hoping others will figure it out ;-)

The gun-on-the-table example I use is regarding the term "essential business." I've many times heard someone say, We're an essential business!

Dumb people embrace stupid terminology like "essential business." They should be against any business closing, but instead they side with government versus someone just like themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

And then the leftists can point and laugh at all of us and say crap like "this is the market working, right?!" or "they're private companies!"
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

There is validity to this theory, especially when the corporations get so large they are almost a monopoly. But we can still choose not to do business with them. The same can't be said for the government.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    There is validity to this theory, especially when the corporations get so large they are almost a monopoly. But we can still choose not to do business with them. The same can't be said for the government.
    Taxation under force, threat, jail, which is given to corporations by way of “awards”, TARP, public-private contracts = NOT Free Market. It is Fascism.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Taxation under force, threat, jail, which is given to corporations by way of “awards”, TARP, public-private contracts = NOT Free Market. It is Fascism.
    Which is justification to take back every single government dollar you can. If you pay taxes, take every single entitlement the government offers. If everyone did this it would be unsustainable.

You can choose not to give your money to Pfizer?

Yeah, I know, you can refuse to take in the arm what your taxes bought, for now. But how do you choose to avoid giving Moderna money?

Which is justification to take back every single government dollar you can. If you pay taxes, take every single entitlement the government offers. If everyone did this it would be unsustainable.
    Oh, you don't. I see. What's more, you think I should take the jab just because you think they'll run out of ink to print currency with.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-28-2021 at 08:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Libertarians are just as much a part of the problem with "At least it's not the government" etc.
    Unconscionable contracts are a violation of GOD given human rights.
    There are some things nobody has a right to do even with consent. (voluntary or coerced)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Get rid of the gun.
    Just like gun control (thank you for making the comparison) that will never work.
    Someone will build a gun and use it against you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Just like gun control (thank you for making the comparison) that will never work.
    You seem to want everybody who defends liberty and freedom gonzo.

Libertarians are just as much a part of the problem with "At least it's not the government" etc.
    Unconscionable contracts are a violation of GOD given human rights.
    There are some things nobody has a right to do even with consent. (voluntary or coerced)
    I agreed with you, up until your last sentence. It is not for you to decide.

The problem is, there is no informed consent. If somebody agrees to be a guinee pig, voluntarily, knowing all of the ramifications, that is their own right to do so, and as long as it does not infringe upon another.

I don't know about that anymore, man. You ain't competing with a business that gets government support. It just ain't happening. Government passes a law that says every customer who walks into your free-market store gets punched in the face, and everyone who walks into the bailed-out store gets a free lollipop, you ain't gonna be in business long. Doesn't leave much room for alternatives.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-29-2021 at 01:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

You know what? You're right... so I'll rephrase: "EVERYONE should have a gun".

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not sure there are any real differences these days between large corporations and govt . Govt extorts monies from you to spend on what they wish . Corporations avoid these taxes by following the rules the govt made for them . Govt tells you what to do . Corporations tell you what to do , those are the same . No difference.
    Do something Danke

I wonder if the wall st people and " libertarians " have any idea how foolish they sound when the applaud corporations giving the govt mandates out to people?
    Do something Danke

You know what? You're right... so I'll rephrase: "EVERYONE should have a gun".
    The problem is that when everyone has a government they each have a BB gun.
    I understand why that seems attractive.
    But collectivists will combine theirs into this:

And then they will take away all the BB guns.

You must have a sufficient level of power to deter those who want excessive power.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment