Thread: If More People Had Listened To My Father Our War In Afghanistan Would Have Been Less Tragic

If More People Had Listened To My Father Our War In Afghanistan Would Have Been Less Tragic

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/beinlibertarian/...92131307098116
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

+1
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

If we had never gone to Afghanistan it would have been better..

It was based entirely on lies.

a Variation of Operation Northwoods.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

To be frank and honest; Regarding the other topic of what this site should be or become, seeing Ron again today (having what happened in Afghanistan in mind) in his 'What If' speech, After having seen this video many many times, this is what this site should be. I hope this helps.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

https://twitter.com/beinlibertarian/...92131307098116
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

But, they didn't.

So............

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    But, they didn't.

So............
    I've been voting for losers since I started voting 30 years ago. You know why every candidate I vote for loses, right?

Because none of the history of the last 30 years - or even that of many other decades before it - would have ever happened in this country
    if the right people were elected. Yet, they are somehow never elected to positions of real power. Representative democracy is a fool's errand. Did it work for a while 200 years ago? Perhaps, if you need to believe that. Does it work anymore? If you call this "working", it is brilliantly conceived.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This was the main reason for my support. After that, I listened to every speech looking for a flaw, but each one convinced me further of his integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Because none of the history of the last 30 years - or even that of many other decades before it - would have ever happened in this country
    if the right people were elected. Yet, they are somehow never elected to positions of real power. Representative democracy is a fool's errand. Did it work for a while 200 years ago? Perhaps, if you need to believe that. Does it work anymore? If you call this "working", it is brilliantly conceived.
    The question isn't whether or not it works. It most certainly does work, as effectively now as 200 and 2,000 years ago.

The question is rather, for whom does it work. It works for an oligarchy. And this was as true 200 and 2,000 years ago as it is today.

Notice some of the quotes of Alexander Fraser Tytler here. He wrote critically about the kind of democratic republican ideals that were shaping the US in his own day, and hearkened back to the weaknesses demonstrated by experiments with such systems in antiquity, and his observations read like they could have been written about our own generation.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexan...s_on_democracy
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    The question isn't whether or not it works. It most certainly does work, as effectively now as 200 and 2,000 years ago.

The question is rather, for whom does it work. It works for an oligarchy. And this was as true 200 and 2,000 years ago as it is today.

Notice some of the quotes of Alexander Fraser Tytler here. He wrote critically about the kind of democratic republican ideals that were shaping the US in his own day, and hearkened back to the weaknesses demonstrated by experiments with such systems in antiquity, and his observations read like they could have been written about our own generation.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexan...s_on_democracy
    I concur with the judgements of Tytler, and will suggest another book about why democracy is insidious:
    https://www.tumblarhouse.com/collect...ffin-de-chosal