Thread: Ron DeSantis - thoughts on him on stuff other than Covid

Ron DeSantis - thoughts on him on stuff other than Covid

I love that he's been standing up against these crazy Covid mandates but that's the only thing I know about him. Anyone know if he's a "defender of liberty" on other topics too?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His Freedom Index Score as Congressman was in the 70’s. My threshold is nothing less than 90%, keeping in mind that there is no excuse not to reach 100%. The Constitution is the Law of the Land, after all.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

He also stood up against Ben n Jerry Ice Cream few days ago after they stopped sales in tax payers funded pro-equality Israeli settlements.

Seems to be genuine America-Firster pro-liberty straight shooter.
    Excessive pandering.. well that comes with the territory in the current political system that needs oxygen from deep pockets.

I don't like that he sent Florida state police to Texas to work on the border. Otherwise he is all good. I think he can beat Biden. No personal baggage either.

He is too eager to lick Israel's boots.

But on most things he is good enough unless there is a better option available.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I don't like that he sent Florida state police to Texas to work on the border. Otherwise he is all good. I think he can beat Biden. No personal baggage either.
    Sure.
    He should send buses to Mexico instead.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Sure.
    He should send buses to Mexico instead.
    Why not just send more officials to the border to process the immigrants and give them all green cards so they are legal? The don't give them one dime of taxpayer funds. They can come if they want to work but get nothing for free.

Yes he does pander to the base, but is overall one of the good ones.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    After Rand, he's the best of the bunch, but that ain't saying much.

Why not just send more officials to the border to process the immigrants and give them all green cards so they are legal? The don't give them one dime of taxpayer funds. They can come if they want to work but get nothing for free.
    Sure.
    And by next year you would want them to have citizenship and vote so the Demoncrats could turn us into a Latin American dictatorship like Venezuela.
    Pretending they won't get and vote for free stuff won't fool anyone.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Sure.
    And by next year you would want them to have citizenship and vote so the Demoncrats could turn us into a Latin American dictatorship like Venezuela.
    Pretending they won't get and vote for free stuff won't fool anyone.
    We have an existing path to citizenship, it takes a lot longer than a year. Maybe if we stopped demonizing these people and value the contibutions they make and the work they do they wouldn't support the democrats who just want to give them handouts.

I've really never thought Rand or desantis would run
    Do something Danke

We have an existing path to citizenship, it takes a lot longer than a year. Maybe if we stopped demonizing these people and value the contibutions they make and the work they do they wouldn't support the democrats who just want to give them handouts...
    ...and avoid the Republicans, who they largely agree with, but can't support because Republicans semi-officially declared war on them.

Yeah, you say that now. But as soon as the media starts really pushing him for the GOP nomination, suddenly he'd have cleaned Afghanistan up by now and will be able to lick China single handed.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-15-2021 at 07:55 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    He also stood up against Ben n Jerry Ice Cream few days ago after they stopped sales in tax payers funded pro-equality Israeli settlements.

Seems to be genuine America-Firster pro-liberty straight shooter.
    Excessive pandering.. well that comes with the territory in the current political system that needs oxygen from deep pockets.
    What a confusing post. Can you tell me how your description of the West Bank settlements makes any sense?

DeSantis is a Zionist stooge. That's why he's being elevated. End of Story.

We have an existing path to citizenship, it takes a lot longer than a year. Maybe if we stopped demonizing these people and value the contibutions they make and the work they do they wouldn't support the democrats who just want to give them handouts.
    They do not make valuable contributions.
    They steal, commit crimes, and vote for communism here just like back home.
    They support the communists no matter how much anyone else bends over backwards to cater to them.
    Nobody is going to listen to your lies.

They will demand citizenship now while all claiming to have been here for enough years to qualify.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They do not make valuable contributions.
    They steal, commit crimes, and vote for communism here just like back home.
    They support the communists no matter how much anyone else bends over backwards to cater to them.
    Nobody is going to listen to your lies.

They will demand citizenship now while all claiming to have been here for enough years to qualify.
    You're going so far off the wall with your gross collectivism that you're not even describing a quarter of them.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You're going so far off the wall with your gross collectivism that you're not even describing a quarter of them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Wake up. You're having a nightmare.

Why hasn't he supported any significant pro-gun legislation?

Even the moderate Governor Abbott of Texas came out in favor of Constitutional Carry. Where is DeSantis?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Why hasn't he supported any significant pro-gun legislation?

Even the moderate Governor Abbott of Texas came out in favor of Constitutional Carry. Where is DeSantis?
    On TV and all over the CINO propaganda sites.

Thoughts?

He's the next anointed fake GOP savior being dangled in front of the moron party base who doesn't learn $#@! about $#@! every election cycle. Another Bush, Romney, McCain, Trump fake conservative Haaavard/Yale (probably Bonesman Jesuit) operative.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book