Thread: ‘Complicit’: Meet the 18 Republicans Who Sold Out on Radical Democrat ‘Infrastructure’ Plan

‘Complicit’: Meet the 18 Republicans Who Sold Out on Radical Democrat ‘Infrastructure’ Plan

‘Complicit’: Meet the 18 Republicans Who Sold Out on Radical Democrat ‘Infrastructure’ Plan Without Reading Bill

Eighteen Senate Republicans sold out to Senate Democrats, with 17 of them voting Wednesday night to advance a $1.2 trillion Democrat “infrastructure” bill and another signaling he would.

The Senate voted to invoke cloture, or advance, H.R. 3684, the legislative vehicle for the $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill. The vote featured Republican and Democrat support for the bill. The Senate voted 67-32 to invoke cloture on the bill, with seventeen Republicans in favor of invoking cloture on the bill.

All of them voted for this procedural vote without reading the bill—because it would have been impossible for them to read a bill that does not yet exist. The bill has still not been written despite months of negotiations.

The Senate Republicans who voted for the Democrat $1.2 trillion bill include:

Roy Blunt (R-MO)
    Richard Burr (R-NC)
    Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV)
    Bill Cassidy (R-LA)
    Mike Crapo (R-ID)
    Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
    Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
    Lisa Murkowski (R-AK)
    Rob Portman (R-OH)
    Jim Risch (R-ID)
    Mitt Romney (R-UT)
    Thom Tillis (R-NC)
    Todd Young (R-IN)
    Chuck Grassley (R-IA)
    John Hoeven (R-ND)
    Kevin Cramer (R-ND)
    Susan Collins (R-ME)
    Sen. Mike Rounds (R-SD) was absent but signaled that he would have voted yes to advance the legislation.
    More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-reading-bill/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Portman sppendin on his way out? outabeALaaAwww
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Portman sppendin on his way out? outabeALaaAwww
    Ya , no surprise really to see Murkowski , Graham , Romney , Collins , in there but the others should know better.
    Do something Danke

Roy Blunt (R-MO)
    Richard Burr (R-NC)
    Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV)
    Bill Cassidy (R-LA)
    Mike Crapo (R-ID)
    Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
    Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
    Lisa Murkowski (R-AK)
    Rob Portman (R-OH)
    Jim Risch (R-ID)
    Mitt Romney (R-UT)
    Thom Tillis (R-NC)
    Todd Young (R-IN)
    Chuck Grassley (R-IA)
    John Hoeven (R-ND)
    Kevin Cramer (R-ND)
    Susan Collins (R-ME)
    Sen. Mike Rounds (R-SD)
    Might as well change them all to D

Because they love D so much
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Trump Jr 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    In my mind the goal of liberty lovers here should be to replace each of these crappy senators in their primaries. Republican primaries are the only chance for getting out of this mess.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    In my mind the goal of liberty lovers here should be to replace each of these crappy senators in their primaries. Republican primaries are the only chance for getting out of this mess.
    We tried with Brannon against establishment US Chamber MIC shill Thom Tillis. The establishment machine smeared Brannon, and ignorant voters are easily manipulated.

In 2014, Tillis announced that he would not seek reelection to the state House, instead running for U.S. Senate against first-term Democratic incumbent Kay Hagan.[23] In the Republican primary, he was endorsed by former Florida Governor Jeb Bush,[24] then-North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory,[25] former Presidential candidate Mitt Romney,[26] and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.[27] The New York Times called Tillis a "favorite of the party establishment."[28]

During his primary campaign, Tillis skipped four candidate forums and one of three televised primary debates in an effort to avoid lesser-known rivals, and to cement his image as the "inevitable nominee".[29][30] Tillis was criticized during the Republican primary for raising money from groups lobbying the state House.[31][32] On May 6, he won the nomination with 45.68% of the vote over Greg Brannon and Mark Harris, described as a victory for the Republican establishment over the insurgent Tea Party movement.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thom_Tillis
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    We tried with Brannon against establishment US Chamber MIC shill Thom Tillis. The establishment machine smeared Brannon, and ignorant voters are easily manipulated.
    No doubt it won't be easy. I just don't see any other realistic path to protecting liberty and the Constitution.

We are living in a free for all looting of our national treasury and future. Virtually all Democrat politicians are in on it and many if not most Republican politicians too.

It might be a slim chance at best, but the Republican party is the only chance we've got. That means the overwhelming amount of Republican voters need to reject McCain, Romney, Bush, Cheney, etc type Republicans.

Separate out establishment goons like these 17 Republican senators who voted to advance the bipartisan infrastructure plan:

Roy Blunt of Missouri
    Richard Burr of North Carolina
    Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia
    Bill Cassidy of Louisiana
    Susan Collins of Maine
    Kevin Cramer of North Dakota
    Mike Crapo of Idaho
    Lindsey Graham of South Carolina
    Chuck Grassley of Iowa
    John Hoeven of North Dakota
    Mitch McConnell of Kentucky
    Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
    Rob Portman of Ohio
    Jim Risch of Idaho
    Mitt Romney of Utah
    Thom Tillis of North Carolina
    Todd Young of Indiana

Like it or not, Trump is probably the best chance to focus voters on alternative candidates to defeat the establishment GOP politicians.

In the past Trump went along with the establishment and endorsed fools like McCain and Romney. I think he is done playing ball like that. I might be wrong, but I am positive that the list above has got to go!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

We are living in a free for all looting of our national treasury and future. Virtually all Democrat politicians are in on it and many if not most Republican politicians too.
    Looting is the correct word. We are being looted by the the crony kleptocracy.

In the past Trump went along with the establishment and endorsed fools like McCain and Romney. I think he is done playing ball like that. I might be wrong, but I am positive that the list above has got to go!
    Yes, Trump has a habit of cranial rectal inversion when it comes to candidates he endorses or attacks. I wouldn't trust him any more than a coin toss.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't even care at this point about federal elections. It's a lost cause, for numerous reasons.

I just hope Allen West wins the Texas guber in 2022. Greg Abbott, when forced, will say the "right" things, but he doesn't mean a damn word of it. And he's allowed his liberal Lt. and the Democrats to run all over him. He's allowed the Democrats to have committee chairs in a Republican majority which is just $#@!ing ridiculous.

If Allen West doesn't win in 2022, Texas will continue it's slide into becoming a blue state and the fate of this country will be $#@!ing sealed at this point.

IMO it will be the most important election of our lives as it will literally be the last chance to solidify a Red stronghold that can anchor the rest of the country.

If Texas goes blue, *all* is $#@!ing lost. Any hopes of secession is out the window, for any state. Any hopes of nullifying the federal government are gone. Any hopes at all of redeeming this country is gone.

If Texas goes blue, That's it. Game over. Welcome to USSRA, Comrade. It'll be full Marxist for the next 40 years until it inevitably collapses. I hope you have a god-damn exit plan.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 08-09-2021 at 05:15 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Trump Jr 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Blunt is not sharp, but the a****** is not running again. I emailed the dumb f*** about something a while back about some dumb s*** he pulled, and told him I would never vote for his ass again. I must have scared him off...
    Now I just want the $#@! to retire to Cook County Illinois so he won't appear to be so corrupt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Roy "Monsanto" Blunt literally resembles an anal wart.

Maybe people will pay more attention now with a Democrat President and Trump out of office. Trump's anti-liberty endorsements also did not help and hopefully will be less of a factor. Although since he is not going away his endorsements may still be somewhat of a problem.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

John Hoeven (R-ND)
    Kevin Cramer (R-ND)
    What’s up with North Dakota? Both Senators are shills?

Everyone voted for The PA without reading it as well.
    There is no spoon.

And, it passed.

https://justthenews.com/government/c...structure-bill

https://apnews.com/article/senate-in...cb3526512fc4e0

Here are all of the GOP senators who voted for the infrastructure bill:

Roy Blunt, R-Mo.
    Richard Burr, R-N.C.
    Shelley Moore Capito, R-W.Va.
    Bill Cassidy, R-La.
    Susan Collins, R-Maine
    Kevin Cramer, R-N.D.
    Mike Crapo, R-Idaho
    Deb Fischer, R-Neb.
    Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
    John Hoeven, R-N.D.
    Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.
    Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska
    Rob Portman, R-Ohio
    Jim Risch, R-Idaho
    Mitt Romney, R-Utah
    Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska
    Thom Tillis, R-N.C.
    Roger Wicker, R-Miss.
    Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa

Nancy says she won't bring it up until reconciliation, so they basically just handed her a blank check. From your grandchildren's accounts.
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 08-10-2021 at 10:26 AM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    And, it passed.

https://justthenews.com/government/c...structure-bill

https://apnews.com/article/senate-in...cb3526512fc4e0

Here are all of the GOP senators who voted for the infrastructure bill:

Roy Blunt, R-Mo.
    Richard Burr, R-N.C.
    Shelley Moore Capito, R-W.Va.
    Bill Cassidy, R-La.
    Susan Collins, R-Maine
    Kevin Cramer, R-N.D.
    Mike Crapo, R-Idaho
    Deb Fischer, R-Neb.
    Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
    John Hoeven, R-N.D.
    Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.
    Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska
    Rob Portman, R-Ohio
    Jim Risch, R-Idaho
    Mitt Romney, R-Utah
    Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska
    Thom Tillis, R-N.C.
    Roger Wicker, R-Miss.
    Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa

Nancy says she won't bring it up until reconciliation, so they basically just handed her a blank check. From your grandchildren's accounts.
    Looks like they picked up two more traitors...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Looks like they picked up two more traitors...
    They picked up 3 and lost one.

Todd Young of Indiana must have come to his senses...

Meanwhile,
    Deb Fischer, Dan Sullivan, and Roger Wicker must have been guaranteed a good payoff for their state - because they voted against cloture, but FOR the bill.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I can't do anything, my senators voted no, although I am actually surprised Cornyn voted no
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

They picked up 3 and lost one.

Meanwhile,
    Deb Fischer, Dan Sullivan, and Roger Wicker must have been guaranteed a good payoff for their state - because they voted against cloture, but FOR the bill.
    More looters. Pelosi is running out of the treasury with her arms full, they might as well do it too.

I call them Ocasio Cortez Republicans

He probably got permission from McConnell to vote no. Others had to step up. They wanted enough for a veto-proof majority.

Seems to me, indeedy they all could have happily voted with the Democrats
    during TRUMP's TWO impeachment trials. Can we all say again... 68 votes!!!