Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gov. Kristi Noem: If You Don’t Like Vaccine Mandates, ‘Find a New Employer’

Exclamation Gov. Kristi Noem: If You Don’t Like Vaccine Mandates, ‘Find a New Employer’

Gov. Kristi Noem: If You Don’t Like Vaccine Mandates, ‘Find a New Employer’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-new-employer/

Hannah Bleau 2 Aug 2021

Workers with employers mandating Chinese coronavirus vaccinations as an employment condition have the “power to say no,” South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) said Saturday, urging them to “find a new employer that values personal choice and responsibility.”

“Workers whose employers are mandating a vaccine for continued employment have the power to say no,” Noem said.

“Our robust economy and job market gives them the option to find a new employer that values personal choice and responsibility, and doesn’t force mandates on their employees,” she continued:

Workers whose employers are mandating a vaccine for continued employment have the power to say no. Our robust economy and job market gives them the option to find a new employer that values personal choice and responsibility, and doesn’t force mandates on their employees.

— Kristi Noem (@KristiNoem) July 31, 2021

Her remark comes as employers across various sectors — from Silicon Valley to the healthcare industry — begin to require employees to get vaccinated as a condition of maintaining employment.

Google and Facebook, for example, are requiring vaccinations of employees returning to their offices.

On Sunday, hundreds of individuals, including healthcare workers, gathered in Charlotte, North Carolina, to protest Atrium Health’s and Novant Health’s recent announcement requiring workers to be vaccinated against the Chinese coronavirus.

“I’m not going to be forced to take an experimental vaccine that potentially could injure me or kill me,” Jane Nymberg, a registered nurse who has worked at Atrium for more than two decades, said. “The chances of that are low. But if it happens, I will be responsible.”

Protesters also gathered outside NCH North Hospital in North Naples, Florida, to protest the hospital system’s employee vaccine mandate. One protester said, “It’s a first amendment right. They have a right to decide. Our bodies, our choice.”

It is not just employees of various businesses facing such tough ultimatums. On Monday, Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) brazenly urged private businesses to discriminate against unvaccinated patrons, barring them from entering their establishments.

“Private businesses, I am asking them and suggesting to them go to vaccine-only admission. Go to vaccine-only admission. We did this,” Cuomo said. “Radio City Music Hall months ago reopened vaccine-only, sold out all the shows. Sports arenas, they went up to about 90 percent vaccine-only.”

“Private businesses, bars, restaurants — go to a vaccine-only admission. I believe it’s in your best business interest,” Cuomo continued, expressing his desire to know if those who surround him — particularly in bars and restaurants — have been vaccinated.

“If I go to a restaurant and I’m sitting at a table, and the table right next to me, I want to know that they’re vaccinated. I believe it’s in your business interest to run a vaccine-only establishment,” he said, pitching vaccine-only admission as the ultimate incentive.

“If you say to people, well if you don’t have a vaccine, you can’t get into these establishments, then you’ll see a real incentive to get vaccinated,” he added.

On Monday, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) delivered a pointed message against vaccine mandates, emphasizing the government has “no business forcing you to take this vaccine.”

“No mask mandates and no vaccine passports,” he declared.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    On Monday, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) delivered a pointed message against vaccine mandates, emphasizing the government has “no business forcing you to take this vaccine.”

Is Breitbart implying that Cruz's position is any different than Noem's? Because based just on what's said in this article, I don't see any reason to think she differs from him on that point.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

All Ted Cruz does is talk and takes zero action whatsoever. He'd be the first Republican to throw you under the bus when push comes to shove
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Gov. Kristi Noem: If You Don’t Like Vaccine Mandates, ‘Find a New Employer’

I feel like I said something very similar the other day.

Don't forget your power!!!

This goes for politicians, but even more so for employers.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

find another slave
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Is Breitbart implying that Cruz's position is any different than Noem's? Because based just on what's said in this article, I don't see any reason to think she differs from him on that point.
    Of course they are implying that.

We can dance around this all you want, but all that is coming is yet another failure.

Many people can not just "go get another job" when they are precariously balancing everything they worked for and utter bankruptcy, between rising costs and taxes.

Going and "getting another job" is impossible, when every employer mandates the same policy.

Starting your own business is impossible, when every customer mandates that you follow the same policy.

There are only two ways to push back on something like this: unionization, which is fraught with it's own problems and legislation.

Since it's already accepted as public policy and adjudicated in the courts that a business open to the public does not have an absolute right to conduct business as they wish, for right or wrong, I say legislation is better option than unionization.

Of course, neither of these things are going to happen, everybody will have a vax stamp before long and the few refuseniks that hold the line will be dead or in jail.

Yep. Because they're hacks.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

Yep. Because they're hacks.
    You don't agree there is difference between government forcing you to do something and a private business forcing you to do something?

Glory hallelujah, he's seen the light.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You don't agree there is difference between government forcing you to do something and a private business forcing you to do something?

Glory hallelujah, he's seen the light.
    I don't follow you.

What I don't agree with is that there's a difference between what Cruz said and what Noem said in that article.

Breitbart tried to contrast the two as if they're different, because they're hacks.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 08-03-2021 at 08:28 AM.
    Ron Paul

“Our robust economy and job market gives them the option to find a new employer that values personal choice and responsibility, and doesn’t force mandates on their employees,”
    She wouldn't know a truly robust economy if it hit her in the snizz.

There hasn't been a robust economy in this country in her lifetime.

I don't follow you.

What I don't agree with is that there's a difference between what Cruz said and what Noem said in that article.

Breitbart tried to contrast the two as if they're different, because they're hacks.
    Cruz said government can not force you to take a vaccine.

Noem said businesses can force you to take a vaccine.

Clearly, there is a difference.

Cruz said government can not force you to take a vaccine.

Noem said businesses can force you to take a vaccine.

Clearly, there is a difference.
    First of all, Noem said nothing at all about businesses forcing anyone to take vaccines.

Furthermore, do you assume that because Cruz objects to government forcing you to take a vaccine that must mean that he also supports legislation prohibiting private businesses from requiring their employees to take it? Because that doesn't follow from what he said.

I see no indication at all that Cruz disagrees with anything Noem said. If he does, then Breitbart should have provided a quote from him that made that clear, because the quote they did provide doesn't imply that at all.

Nor does anything they quote Noem saying indicate that she disagrees with what Cruz said. She may well also object to government forcing people to get the vaccine. If she doesn't object to that, then we have no way of knowing she doesn't just from the quotes provided in the article, and again Breitbart should have provided quotes from her making that clear.

My guess is that the reason they didn't provide any quotes from Cruz showing that he disagreed with Noem, or any quotes from Noem showing that she disagreed with Cruz, is because they couldn't find any such quotes.

It's possible that they're just dumb. But the real reason is that they're hacks. Making it look like the two disagree is how they stir up drama for their uncritical readership (present company excluded of course).
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 08-03-2021 at 09:00 AM.
    Ron Paul

Workers with employers mandating Chinese coronavirus vaccinations as an employment condition have the “power to say no,” South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) said Saturday, urging them to “find a new employer that values personal choice and responsibility.”

“Workers whose employers are mandating a vaccine for continued employment have the power to say no,” Noem said...

“On Monday, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) delivered a pointed message against vaccine mandates, emphasizing the government has “no business forcing you to take this vaccine.”

As far as each went--Cruz didn't say anything about employers--it looks like they said the same thing to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

We can dance around this all you want, but all that is coming is yet another failure.

Many people can not just "go get another job" when they are precariously balancing everything they worked for and utter bankruptcy, between rising costs and taxes.

Going and "getting another job" is impossible, when every employer mandates the same policy.

Starting your own business is impossible, when every customer mandates that you follow the same policy.

There are only two ways to push back on something like this: unionization, which is fraught with it's own problems and legislation.

Since it's already accepted as public policy and adjudicated in the courts that a business open to the public does not have an absolute right to conduct business as they wish, for right or wrong, I say legislation is better option than unionization.

Of course, neither of these things are going to happen, everybody will have a vax stamp before long and the few refuseniks that hold the line will be dead or in jail.
    Sorry, AF. You know I love you, man, but this is promoting a slave (or at least indentured servant) mentality. People can quit. They do it all the time. And they generally are better off for it in the long run. We have to recognize that we each own our labor. We decide who we're going to sell it to. That means we have power. And if more people recognized their power and used it, businesses wouldn't be able to survive doing this to their employees.

Like you said, unions could help, but they have their own issues. But the right individuals with the right productivity are hard to come by. We need to put our employers on notice. To me, it sounds like Noem is striking the right tone.

We need to get to a point where corporations and governments don't feel like they own us. Governments have a monopoly on force, so that requires a different solution, but there is no monopoly on your employer. They need to recognize this. They have to pay a price for stupid mandates. We don't want to use government to force them. We already have the power - don't give it up!!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

First of all, Noem said nothing at all about businesses forcing anyone to take vaccines.

Furthermore, do you assume that because Cruz objects to government forcing you to take a vaccine that must mean that he also supports legislation prohibiting private businesses from requiring their employees to take it? Because that doesn't follow from what he said.

I see no indication at all that Cruz disagrees with anything Noem said. If he does, then Breitbart should have provided a quote from him that made that clear, because the quote they did provide doesn't imply that at all.

Nor does anything they quote Noem saying indicate that she disagrees with what Cruz said. She may well also object to government forcing people to get the vaccine. If she doesn't object to that, then we have no way of knowing she doesn't just from the quotes provided in the article, and again Breitbart should have provided quotes from her making that clear.

My guess is that the reason they didn't provide any quotes from Cruz showing that he disagreed with Noem, or any quotes from Noem showing that she disagreed with Cruz, is because they couldn't find any such quotes.

It's possible that they're just dumb. But the real reason is that they're hacks. Making it look like the two disagree is how they stir up drama for their uncritical readership (present company excluded of course).
    My point is to say that "just go get another job" is practical impossibility, when trying to both make ends meet and when every single employer mandates a certain policy, like vaxxing or drug tests.

But, you caught Breitbart and, by extension, myself, in an inaccuracy that can be used to deconstruct and diminish my point

Fine, you're the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Sorry, AF. You know I love you, man, but this is promoting a slave (or at least indentured servant) mentality. People can quit. They do it all the time. And they generally are better off for it in the long run. We have to recognize that we each own our labor. We decide who we're going to sell it to. That means we have power. And if more people recognized their power and used it, businesses wouldn't be able to survive doing this to their employees.

Like you said, unions could help, but they have their own issues. But the right individuals with the right productivity are hard to come by. We need to put our employers on notice. To me, it sounds like Noem is striking the right tone.

We need to get to a point where corporations and governments don't feel like they own us. Governments have a monopoly on force, so that requires a different solution, but there is no monopoly on your employer. They need to recognize this. They have to pay a price for stupid mandates. We don't want to use government to force them. We already have the power - don't give it up!!
    Want secession? Do economic secession. Spend your money only at brick and mortars where no employee wears a mask. Around here, that's possible to do. Anywhere it isn't is no fit place to live, and should be fixed or abandoned.

My point is to say that "just go get another job" is practical impossibility, when trying to both make ends meet and when every single employer mandates a certain policy, like vaxxing or drug tests.
    I don't know where in the U.S. that might be. But I do know somebody's trying to bring that to pass, and we're running out of time to get with renegade employers and make them more competitive.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-03-2021 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I get that. But I see no reason to infer from what Cruz says in that article that he agrees with you.

What you're saying is the same thing I've heard leftists use as a defense for every other regulation placed on employers that they want.

It seems to me that, if someone needs their job that badly, and they in their own cost-benefit analysis of the choice between getting the jab to keep their job vs. refusing the jab and losing their job, decide that the benefit of keeping their job outweighs the cost of getting the jab, then far from being a victim of an employer forcing them to do something, they should thank their employer for giving them a job that is worth that much to them. That employer, according to the employee's own evaluation, is doing them more good than harm.

And if there are enough prospective employees out there who don't want to get the vaccine, then the market will reward the employers who take advantage of that available labor. They may even find that those employees will be willing to accept lower pay in exchange for not having to get vaccinated, thus getting a lower cost per unit of productivity than their competitors, and the market will reward those who don't require the vaccine with higher profits as a result, until the messages sent by the market in the form of prices, wages, and profits, get listened to, and the ratio of employers requiring vaccines to those not requiring it settles down at the level of equilibrium the market demands.

On the other hand, if there aren't enough prospective employees to result in a market advantage for employers refraining from requiring the jab, then it wouldn't be the cruel employers causing that condition by their collusion and refusal to hire unvaccinated people. It would be a reflection of the will of the overwhelming majority of employees themselves who at the end of the day are fine with getting the vaccine.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 08-03-2021 at 09:31 AM.
    Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Want secession? Do economic secession. Spend your money only at brick and mortars where no employee wears a mask. Around here, that's possible to do. Anywhere it isn't is no fit place to live, and should be fixed or abandoned.
    Yep. "Dollar voting" work both ways.

I've had to "get a new job" several times a year for literally decades.

Every time I finish a job it's on to another boss/client, sometimes they're lined up waiting other times I have to go out and beat the bushes.

Yet I would never trade my freedom of association for the "security" of answering to a full time boss or some board with an agenda.

If You Don’t Like Vaccine Mandates, ‘Find a New Employer’
    I wonder how many new Employers actually dont mind working for cheap pays?

And if there are enough prospective employees out there who don't want to get the vaccine, then the market will reward the employers who take advantage of that available labor.
    As i said in the other thread, all things being equal this is fine.

However they are not equal. Government is wildly coercive and is using it's power to get big business to do it's bidding that otherwise would be prohibited by law and the bill of rights.

It would be a reflection of the will of the overwhelming majority of employees themselves who at the end of the day are fine with getting the vaccine.
    That is why there is a bill of rights.

Often, the will of the people is idiotic and tyrannical.

I have a right to keep and bear arms, to be secure in my person and effects, to free speech, to a jury trial, to be compensated for property taken, even if 330 million of my fellow AmeriKunts think I do not.

It's just as bad if FedBook censors me, if Wal Marx jabs me, if Amazon surveils me, than if government did.

Period.

Full stop.

I have a right to keep and bear arms, to be secure in my person and effects, to free speech, to a jury trial, to be compensated for property taken, even if 330 million of my fellow AmeriKunts think I do not.

It's just as bad if FedBook censors me, if Wal Marx jabs me, if Amazon surveils me, than if government did.

Period.

Full stop.
    Next up: employer mandates that employees shall not own or possess firearms at any time.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Next up: employer mandates that employees shall not own or possess firearms at any time.
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    They have already tried that, with bans on keeping firearms in your car in the parking lot.

Thankfully, that got preempted by state legislation that prohibited the practice.

But they are newly emboldened now, and will try it again, you're damn right.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It may not be practical to quit but all employment is voluntary. You can have whatever beliefs you want. But if those beliefs cause actions that hurt the bottom line, no one should be compelled to go along with those beliefs. No one is forcing you to inject deadly poison if for no other reason it wouldn't be good business.

Making vaccination compulsory for employment is a good business decision. It helps protect customers. It reduces the likelihood someone will get sick and miss work. And particularly for businesses that self insure, it reduces the odds someone is going to have a big medical bill from getting seriously ill from Covid.

You can believe whatever nonsense you want. And not getting vaccinated is nonsense. And the government shouldn't force you to do something against your will. But no employer should be forced to go along with this nonsense because government violence is protecting employment.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    It may not be practical to quit but all employment is voluntary. You can have whatever beliefs you want. But if those beliefs cause actions that hurt the bottom line, no one should be compelled to go along with those beliefs. No one is forcing you to inject deadly poison if for no other reason it wouldn't be good business.

Making vaccination compulsory for employment is a good business decision. It helps protect customers. It reduces the likelihood someone will get sick and miss work. And particularly for businesses that self insure, it reduces the odds someone is going to have a big medical bill from getting seriously ill from Covid.

You can believe whatever nonsense you want. And not getting vaccinated is nonsense. And the government shouldn't force you to do something against your will. But no employer should be forced to go along with this nonsense because government violence is protecting employment.
    Some of that might make sense if there was any reason to believe any covid tests are not just cold or flu and if there was any reason to believe the vaccine was really going to prevent someone from being ill. Since 70 percent of the population has been vaccinated and they estimate half of the pop has natural immunity theres no real reason to be pushing anything. That kind of negates the good business model . On the bright side for anyone getting fired , lol , the CDC is issuing another eviction stay for Aug & Sept so no need to pay the rent. The new program will cover 90 percent of US renters and renters in 80 percent of US counties.
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-03-2021 at 07:06 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Some of that might make sense if there was any reason to believe any covid tests are not just cold or flu and if there was any reason to believe the vaccine was really going to prevent someone from being ill. Since 70 percent of the population has been vaccinated and they estimate half of the pop has natural immunity theres no real reason to be pushing anything. That kind of negates the good business model . On the bright side for anyone getting fired , lol , the CDC is issuing another eviction stay for Aug & Sept so no need to pay the rent. The new program will cover 90 percent of US renters and renters in 80 percent of US counties.
    He knows that. I bet he is invested in big pharma. Money is all he loves.

If I was going to invest in big pharma I'd go with things like cancer and heart disease.
    Do something Danke

Whole country is on the road to perdition and people are worried about a cold .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

I wasn't going to respond, but I will to this. I did exactly this. I walked away from my job making very good money for my field last Oct and just said 'from this day forward I'm my own boss'. I am not bragging in anything I say next, but this winter was the first I didn't even have to worry about my yearly expenditures that come over winter. And I'm doing well monetarily currently and getting busier, working for myself. Now that all the mandates are coming, I'm still ok until the grocery stores start requiring it. But I think that the dollar collapse will come before that, as the pushback will hit the tipping point.

But my point is, it's entirely possible. We can all walk away from their system and make our own amongst ourselves.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast