Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cart Narcs

There's entirely too many people with entirely too little to do in order to survive. I always put a shopping cart in the stall but really? Is more people pissed off at each other over minor $#@! really what we need? The cart wranglers are paid to do it occasionally and it's priced into goods costs. Someone who 1 out of 10 times leaves a cart somewhere already paid for the 20 seconds it takes for a wrangler to fetch it. We all pay for it, whether we use that "service" occasionally or not.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Can we at least admit both sides are wrong here? ...
    Yes, I will agree here. The people who leave carts in parking spaces are idiots. And the Youtube attention whores are as big or bigger idiots.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    There's entirely too many people with entirely too little to do in order to survive. I always put a shopping cart in the stall but really? Is more people pissed off at each other over minor $#@! really what we need? The cart wranglers are paid to do it occasionally and it's priced into goods costs. Someone who 1 out of 10 times leaves a cart somewhere already paid for the 20 seconds it takes for a wrangler to fetch it. We all pay for it, whether we use that "service" occasionally or not.
    The Cart Narcs have an answer for that. They say they get emails all the time from people who come back to their car, and they have a broken tail light, scratches, dents, etc. The cart wranglers are supposed to retrieve the carts from the corrals. They only have to retrieve carts from non-designated areas because people leave them there and they are an annoyance to other customers.

They have a bunch of videos of carts rolling off into a car from security cams.

They also have stories of handicap people who need to use the side of their van to get their wheelchair out, but it is often blocked with carts.

It seems minor, but most people do put their carts back, and the few who don't occasionally cause anything from a minor to a major annoyance for others.

The 'Shopping Cart Theory' supposedly determines who is a good person and who isn't
    The viral "Shopping Cart Theory" proposes that an individual's moral character can be determined by whether they choose to return a shopping cart to its designated spot or not.
    https://scoop.upworthy.com/viral-sho...oral-character

Cart Narcs is largely for entertainment purposes, they continually exaggerate problems caused by leaving carts in the wrong place, but they do have a point.

For example, in this episode a lady moves the cart to a handicap area. The Cart Narc says, "That's a handicap spot, ma'am, a person could die!" Lol...

Earlier in the video, she says, "Your a cart narc, so you're better than everybody, aren't you?" He responds, "Well, by definition, ya.." This response is clearly a shout out to the shopping cart theory.

Last edited by dannno; 07-31-2021 at 10:36 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

NAP? They are initiating a conflict and aggression when they put the magnetic sign on people’s cars.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    NAP? They are initiating a conflict and aggression when they put the magnetic sign on people’s cars.
    In many places, it is perfectly legal to place flyer advertisements on car windshields.

The magnets don't do any damage to the car, whereas the person who left their cart out may end up doing actual damage to a car, for which they will probably not be paying for.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

may end up doing actual damage to a car, for which they will probably not be paying for.
    Oh no! A ding on a car! "Actual damage!"

I never understood why people get so upset about that.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

Never really bothered me, my car got dented by a cart one time and I didn't really care that much. But I've never owned a nice sports car. As long as I have a truck, SUV or a regular sedan that I was planning on keeping for a while I don't think it would ever bother me very much.

One big issue, however, is resale value.

No wonder people shop online.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

They still live under the false belief that it is their car, their property, instead of the state's property that they're allowed to use, as long as the state benefits from the use in the form of property taxes and economic activity that generates more tax revenue for the state.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This is What a Lazy-Bones Looks Like | JCS Inspired
    An explanation of the epidemic of loose shopping carts, and the organization fighting to hold those responsible to account.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI-arNbxYJU
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I still think "karen" is not the correct usage of the word here. The store asks you to return your cart, parking lots get filled with carts all around and it's hard to park. Plus a lot of people have damage to their cars from roaming carts which can slip away after you've left it somewhere you shouldn't. No way to be held responsible.

The Karens I see in these videos are the people who don't return their carts, threaten to call the cops, threaten to speak to the manager of the store, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Where in the US is it common outside of Aldi, a German discount grocer? I doubt Tucker had been to one.
    It's not common. I've never seen it. Aldis serves a low income population so, I'm sure, did it to stop their carts from being stolen. Some grocery stores have now installed chips on carts so the wheels lock beyond a certain point in the parking lot. The coin thing is a good and the coin should be linked to a box that returns one to you when you put it back in the cart corral! Have you ever seen Cart Narcs on Youtube? It's pretty funny and people can get seriously psycho when asked to put the carts back where they belong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JovIKbxZpNY
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Aldis serves a low income population so, I'm sure, did it to stop their carts from being stolen.
    That's not why they do it. They do it so they don't need to pay employees to "wrangle" all the carts that get left out in the parking lot. They don't pay employees to bag or carry out groceries, either - and for the same reason: it reduces overhead so they can charge lower prices.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-16-2024 at 09:27 PM. Reason: edited after merge

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    That's not why they do it. They do it so they don't need to pay employees to "wrangle" all the carts that get left out in the parking lot. They don't pay employees to bag or carry out groceries, either - and for the same reason: it reduces overhead so they can charge lower prices.
    Oh, it didn't occur to me on getting their quarters back meant they turned them back into the store. I can be slow like that, lol.

I see AF thinks cart narcs are Karens. No! It's an issue of personal responsibility. Agent what's-his-name is right when makes the analogy about pooping on the toilet seat. Just because someone is paid to clean bathrooms doesn't mean the customers should do it. Same for the carts. I also like his terminology, like "curbing" and "full block" (leaving the cart in the middle of a parking space).
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-16-2024 at 09:27 PM. Reason: edited after merge
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

That's a reasonable argument, however if the business did have a problem with it and did wish to take care of it, they know they cannot send a representative of their own to do the enforcement because that would in fact drive away customers. However, most people ask if they work for the store and they always say no, they are a non-governmental agency of highly trained secret agents. So the people know they are vigilantes and not working for the store. In several videos, the cart workers thank them. So it is presumptuous to assume that the stores do not appreciate their services in all cases, however there are also likely some with the opposite opinion.

Broken window fallacy.

Here is some re-education material for you.

This one could have turned out much, much worse..

$556 in damages from shopping cart

I really appreciated those. Big Cart Narc fan, here. The one from Meijer was excellent because I shop at Meijer and, for some weird reason, their parking lots - doesn't matter which Meijer - are always windy as hell. I will say, though, that here in west Michigan, I rarely see a cart in the wild and people are quite good about putting them back. Anyway, those videos illustrate the real life consequences of people's bad choices to be self centered lazy bones.

-GLP poster

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yup. The problem with the NAP is it doesn't account for people who deserve to get their ass kicked.
    NAP is ridiculous , if someone accosts me in some parking lot they deserve to get scalped.
    Do something Danke

Oh, it didn't occur to me on getting their quarters back meant they turned them back into the store. I can be slow like that, lol.

I see AF thinks cart narcs are Karens. No! It's an issue of personal responsibility. Agent what's-his-name is right when makes the analogy about pooping on the toilet seat. Just because someone is paid to clean bathrooms doesn't mean the customers should do it. Same for the carts. I also like his terminology, like "curbing" and "full block" (leaving the cart in the middle of a parking space).
    I think Cart Narcs has funny videos but they are over the top. Often times I push an abandoned cart from the parking lot into the store upon arrival to use while shopping. There is a cost of doing business and shagging carts at a grocery are part of that cost. Imagine a huge parking lot at a store. Do they have cart corrals all over the parking lot? It seems like somebody has to fetch the cart from a cart corral a half acre away and bring it back to the store. A person having to go to the corral can easily fetch a cart while en route.
    I think the quarter is a great incentive for people to return the cart and keep the parking lot less cluttered with carts. I often fetch several carts from Aldi parking lot and return them for cash. I have entire cup holders in my vehicles filled with quarters from Aldi. Funny thing is the poorest communities leave the carts in the parking lot and don't care about their quarter whereas the better areas people return their carts. Funny thing is often times people push their cart all the way to the door and leave their quarter.
    Anyhow if I were the owner of a grocery store, I would expect to have to shag carts.
    Furthermore in regards to those brakes that lock up carts, I think they are more to detect theft of store items rather than carts from parking lots. I have had them jam up at the exit door and an employee was telling me the cart didn't recognize that I went thru the register. Those lock up carts are meant to lock up when people try to steal items from the store.
    Last edited by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged; 02-16-2024 at 04:40 AM.

Returning the shopping cart is simple personal responsibility. It basically shows how much disregard there is for others. It's a most basic example why a pure libertarian society cannot exist. Some people are just too damn stupid to just take some personal responsibility. I wish stores would all just use the European model that require a coin deposit for the cart. I bet you the majority of people who won't return the cart are leftist leaning, because they expect someone else to do everything for them.

A long time ago I was sitting in my car at a supermarket and the lady in the car next to mine jammed her cart in between our cars after unloading. I was facing out so it was my driver's side and her passenger side. I got out and put the cart right behind her so she would be forced to get out and move (and hopefully return) it. This repeated four times and she still didn't understand the message. She ended up putting it in a landscape bed. Still not doing her personal responsibility but at least the cart was prevented from rolling. That was enough for me to give up on the fight but what's wrong with people.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    I think Cart Narcs has funny videos but they are over the top. Often times I push an abandoned cart from the parking lot into the store upon arrival to use while shopping. There is a cost of doing business and shagging carts at a grocery are part of that cost. Imagine a huge parking lot at a store. Do they have cart corrals all over the parking lot? It seems like somebody has to fetch the cart from a cart corral a half acre away and bring it back to the store. A person having to go to the corral can easily fetch a cart while en route.
    I think the quarter is a great incentive for people to return the cart and keep the parking lot less cluttered with carts. I often fetch several carts from Aldi parking lot and return them for cash. I have entire cup holders in my vehicles filled with quarters from Aldi. Funny thing is the poorest communities leave the carts in the parking lot and don't care about their quarter whereas the better areas people return their carts. Funny thing is often times people push their cart all the way to the door and leave their quarter.
    Anyhow if I were the owner of a grocery store, I would expect to have to shag carts.
    Furthermore in regards to those brakes that lock up carts, I think they are more to detect theft of store items rather than carts from parking lots. I have had them jam up at the exit door and an employee was telling me the cart didn't recognize that I went thru the register. Those lock up carts are meant to lock up when people try to steal items from the store.
    My usual grocery store has conveniently placed cart returns all over their huge parking lots. In one of the videos posted in the Cart Narcs thread, there was guy whose car got dinged up by a cart at Home Depot and he showed how there are no cart returns to be seen. I'd never thought about it but I think he's right. That forces the customer to have to go all the way back into the store to return the cart so is just asking for trouble (carts in the wild). I do agree that Sebastian goes too far but it's comedy. He's mocked people who got pissed about the magnet by pointing out that their car is a beater or a cheaper brand. I worry that someone might shoot him. There is a video where a guy pulls a gun on him. I think he needs to dial it back a bit. FWIW, I always return the cart. I'm naturally polite and happy to follow unspoken rules/etiquette when they make sense. Do unto others!

-GLP poster

My usual grocery store has conveniently placed cart returns all over their huge parking lots. In one of the videos posted in the Cart Narcs thread, there was guy whose car got dinged up by a cart at Home Depot and he showed how there are no cart returns to be seen. I'd never thought about it but I think he's right. That forces the customer to have to go all the way back into the store to return the cart so is just asking for trouble (carts in the wild). I do agree that Sebastian goes too far but it's comedy. He's mocked people who got pissed about the magnet by pointing out that their car is a beater or a cheaper brand. I worry that someone might shoot him. There is a video where a guy pulls a gun on him. I think he needs to dial it back a bit. FWIW, I always return the cart. I'm naturally polite and happy to follow unspoken rules/etiquette when they make sense. Do unto others!
    I stand behind what I said. If somebody has to go shag the carts from all the corals in a huge parking lot they still need an employee. If they want every person to return a cart to the store they should put in an electronic card reading mechanism and charge like $10 cart rental. Money only gets returned when you park the cart. Heck they don't even have to return the money. Charge a $1 rental fee and keep the cash. Then they can afford to shag the carts. People that don't want to pay will go shopping with their foldable wheeled cart.

I never take a cart back after loading the vehicle. But I do take one in from the lot when I arrive, and need one

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    I stand behind what I said. If somebody has to go shag the carts from all the corals in a huge parking lot they still need an employee. If they want every person to return a cart to the store they should put in an electronic card reading mechanism and charge like $10 cart rental. Money only gets returned when you park the cart. Heck they don't even have to return the money. Charge a $1 rental fee and keep the cash. Then they can afford to shag the carts. People that don't want to pay will go shopping with their foldable wheeled cart.
    By shagging carts I assume you mean going around and collecting all of those left in the wild and not placed in the corrals. Cart Narcs' point is that the ones not put put back in the corral pose an obstacle to other other customers and they can roll around and ding people's cars. It's inconsiderate. He's advocating for a more polite society.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I never take a cart back after loading the vehicle. But I do take one in from the lot when I arrive, and need one
    Are you serious? You never put the cart in the cart corral? Why? There are a couple of Cart Narc vids with guys like you. One, when asked to put his cart in the corral replies, "I don't want to" and another says "Make me", lol.

-GLP poster

Are you serious? You never put the cart in the cart corral?
    Of course I put it in those where available. I always find a way to park it so the wind sweeping down the plain won't turn it into an unmanned destruction derby contestant. I can put a cart in one of those from eighty feet away I just don't drag them back inside unless I'm going in, and need one.

By shagging carts I assume you mean going around and collecting all of those left in the wild and not placed in the corrals. Cart Narcs' point is that the ones not put put back in the corral pose an obstacle to other other customers and they can roll around and ding people's cars. It's inconsiderate. He's advocating for a more polite society.
    They have to pay an employee to go to all the corals to get the carts. IMO that is also shagging.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast