Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cart Narcs

There's entirely too many people with entirely too little to do in order to survive. I always put a shopping cart in the stall but really? Is more people pissed off at each other over minor $#@! really what we need? The cart wranglers are paid to do it occasionally and it's priced into goods costs. Someone who 1 out of 10 times leaves a cart somewhere already paid for the 20 seconds it takes for a wrangler to fetch it. We all pay for it, whether we use that "service" occasionally or not.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Can we at least admit both sides are wrong here? ...
    Yes, I will agree here. The people who leave carts in parking spaces are idiots. And the Youtube attention whores are as big or bigger idiots.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    There's entirely too many people with entirely too little to do in order to survive. I always put a shopping cart in the stall but really? Is more people pissed off at each other over minor $#@! really what we need? The cart wranglers are paid to do it occasionally and it's priced into goods costs. Someone who 1 out of 10 times leaves a cart somewhere already paid for the 20 seconds it takes for a wrangler to fetch it. We all pay for it, whether we use that "service" occasionally or not.
    The Cart Narcs have an answer for that. They say they get emails all the time from people who come back to their car, and they have a broken tail light, scratches, dents, etc. The cart wranglers are supposed to retrieve the carts from the corrals. They only have to retrieve carts from non-designated areas because people leave them there and they are an annoyance to other customers.

They have a bunch of videos of carts rolling off into a car from security cams.

They also have stories of handicap people who need to use the side of their van to get their wheelchair out, but it is often blocked with carts.

It seems minor, but most people do put their carts back, and the few who don't occasionally cause anything from a minor to a major annoyance for others.

The 'Shopping Cart Theory' supposedly determines who is a good person and who isn't
    The viral "Shopping Cart Theory" proposes that an individual's moral character can be determined by whether they choose to return a shopping cart to its designated spot or not.
    https://scoop.upworthy.com/viral-sho...oral-character

Cart Narcs is largely for entertainment purposes, they continually exaggerate problems caused by leaving carts in the wrong place, but they do have a point.

For example, in this episode a lady moves the cart to a handicap area. The Cart Narc says, "That's a handicap spot, ma'am, a person could die!" Lol...

Earlier in the video, she says, "Your a cart narc, so you're better than everybody, aren't you?" He responds, "Well, by definition, ya.." This response is clearly a shout out to the shopping cart theory.

Last edited by dannno; 07-31-2021 at 10:36 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

NAP? They are initiating a conflict and aggression when they put the magnetic sign on people’s cars.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    NAP? They are initiating a conflict and aggression when they put the magnetic sign on people’s cars.
    In many places, it is perfectly legal to place flyer advertisements on car windshields.

The magnets don't do any damage to the car, whereas the person who left their cart out may end up doing actual damage to a car, for which they will probably not be paying for.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    may end up doing actual damage to a car, for which they will probably not be paying for.
    Oh no! A ding on a car! "Actual damage!"

I never understood why people get so upset about that.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Trump Jr 2024!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

Never really bothered me, my car got dented by a cart one time and I didn't really care that much. But I've never owned a nice sports car. As long as I have a truck, SUV or a regular sedan that I was planning on keeping for a while I don't think it would ever bother me very much.

One big issue, however, is resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

They still live under the false belief that it is their car, their property, instead of the state's property that they're allowed to use, as long as the state benefits from the use in the form of property taxes and economic activity that generates more tax revenue for the state.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12