Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Personal Nightmare

  1. #1

    Personal Nightmare

    1.First day My sister tried to attack me with a pair of scissors

    2. Next day my dog died

    3.Next day Was stung near eye by an insect

    4. against better judgement went to a doctor to receive treatment because my face was swollen really bad and could not open eye

    5. prednisone was prescribed and I am having emotional melt down as a result. Hands feel all squishy and joints are achy.

    Now trying to get off prednisone safely. I am so mad at myself for taking this drug and for going to a doctor. Dammit man.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    You went to the doctor, you probably also now have covid FYI
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Trump Jr 2024!!!!

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    You went to the doctor, you probably also now have covid FYI
    whatever...

  5. #4
    Water and tea for a diuretic to try and flush it out.

    Maybe a joint to calm the heebie-jeebies?

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    1.First day My sister tried to attack me with a pair of scissors

    2. Next day my dog died

    3.Next day Was stung near eye by an insect
    Trouble comes in threes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    4. against better judgement went to a doctor...
    But if you go looking for it...
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

  7. #6
    WP , hope you get feeling better very soon . I have a huge quantity of wasps around the cottage in the woods ( my retirement home ) and I get stung about every year I have been stung very near the eye , in the neck etc and I really havnt found anything better than ice to make it feel better. I just put some white or apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball , soak the sting site , then a baking soda paste , take an over the counter antihistamine and put an ice pack on it until you cant stand it anymore , in about three days it will be better . I have no advice to offer for your sister except dont take your eye off of her and know where the sharp objects are . If it is a honey bee , same thing no vinegar.
    Last edited by oyarde; 07-30-2021 at 11:36 AM.
    Do something Danke

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    WP , hope you get feeling better very soon . I have a huge quantity of wasps around the cottage in the woods ( my retirement home ) and I get stung about every year I have been stung very near the eye , in the neck etc and I really havnt found anything better than ice to make it feel better. I just put some white or apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball , soak the sting site , then a baking soda paste , take an over the counter antihistamine and put an ice pack on it until you cant stand it anymore , in about three days it will be better . I have no advice to offer for your sister except dont take your eye off of her and know where the sharp objects are .
    I've used baking soda and potato poultices and both help some, the soda seems to work better for me.

  9. #8
    I haven't taken any more prednisone drinking lots of water. I did try take some benedryl, applied ice and baking soda in the beginning of the ordeal. I was getting hives all over my body and I looked like a monster. It was scary. I called pharmacist and was told not to take any today and watch for symptoms of "withdrawal" and to take half a tablet if I developed a headache.nI could not sleep at all last night. I am going to work today I had a big melt down at work yesterday and I feel really embarrassed.

    Thanks for the replies it really feels like healing balm coming from my peeps here.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Prednisone is just a steroid, it shouldn't have any impact on your emotions.


    Benadryl has more mental effects than prednisone.
    "The abiding purpose of every nationalist is to secure more power and more prestige, not for himself but for the nation or other unit in which he has chosen to sink his own individuality."
    -George Orwell, "Notes on nationalism"

  12. #10
    If you can laugh about all of this, you've got it whipped.

  13. #11
    Not sure if the prednisone was a decreasing dose but guessing it was. Sorry you’re not tolerating it well but if you were on it even for a day or two would hope it helped.
    Anyway nothing to add other than what’s been recommended above.
    Feel better
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP


    "When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous


    “The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

  14. #12
    Hope you have a better day tomorrow.
    Do something Danke

  15. #13
    Similar thing happened in the movie Election (1999) (highly recommend viewing)
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  16. #14
    Get well soon and maybe take some time off to relax if you can.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Prednisone is just a steroid, it shouldn't have any impact on your emotions.


    = John 6:38,39

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I haven't taken any more prednisone drinking lots of water. I did try take some benedryl, applied ice and baking soda in the beginning of the ordeal. I was getting hives all over my body and I looked like a monster. It was scary. I called pharmacist and was told not to take any today and watch for symptoms of "withdrawal" and to take half a tablet if I developed a headache.nI could not sleep at all last night. I am going to work today I had a big melt down at work yesterday and I feel really embarrassed.

    Thanks for the replies it really feels like healing balm coming from my peeps here.
    Make yourself a gallon of Hibiscus tea and drink it all day. Helps with inflammation and is a diuretic.

    Hope you feel better soon.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Make yourself a gallon of Hibiscus tea and drink it all day. Helps with inflammation and is a diuretic.

    Hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks sweetie I love hibiscus tea yummy.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    If you can laugh about all of this, you've got it whipped.
    Absolutely you are right about that. LOL while I had my sister in a head lock and about to make her stab herself with her scissors I was thinking I'm not going to jail because of this bitch as I threw her to the ground. I wish there was a video of it...



Similar Threads

  1. A Dream (Or Rather, a Nightmare)
    By Spikender in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 08:04 PM
  2. Dog has a nightmare
    By Rael in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 06:05 AM
  3. Had a nightmare last night...
    By Ian A. in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 11:10 PM
  4. This is the nightmare to come!
    By nimo in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 09:18 PM
  5. Fox's Nightmare
    By AFGHANISTAN4RonPaul in forum S.C. Fox News Debate
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •