Thread: Rep. Thomas Massie Taunts Pelosi: ‘Arrest My Entire Staff. We Are Not Wearing Masks’

Exclamation Rep. Thomas Massie Taunts Pelosi: ‘Arrest My Entire Staff. We Are Not Wearing Masks’

Donated.

Rep. Thomas Massie Taunts Pelosi: ‘Arrest My Entire Staff. We Are Not Wearing Masks’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...wearing-masks/

Wendell Husebø 29 Jul 2021

Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) on Thursday condemned House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) new rule that House office staffers and members must wear masks at all times at work under pain of imprisonment.

“This is INSANE. Might as well come into my office and arrest my entire staff. We are not wearing masks. I support the Capitol Hill Police, but the Chief of Police made a mistake here. The physician and the chief of police don’t have this authority,” Massie tweeted Thursday:

This is INSANE. Might as well come into my office and arrest my entire staff. We are not wearing masks. I support the Capitol Hill Police, but the Chief of Police made a mistake here. The physician and the chief of police don’t have this authority. https://t.co/CgiSuNvE8c

— Thomas Massie (@RepThomasMassie) July 29, 2021

Pelosi’s memo states the new rules result from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) recommended guidance on Tuesday.

“All USCP personnel must wear a mask at all times when in interior spaces throughout the Capitol grounds,” the memo reads.

The memo goes on to explain that any House staffer or member who does not wear a mask shall be reported to the House sergeant of arms, who could arrest any maskless individuals.

Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC) tweeted in response, “I am directing my Hill staff to work from home today. No one should be arrested over a mask. We should follow the science not Speaker Pelosi.”

“To be clear: Pelosi is directing police to ARREST vaccinated people who aren’t wearing masks. This isn’t about science—it’s about power and control,” Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) tweeted.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thomas Massie for Congress
    Dear JASON,

Thank you for your generous donation to the Thomas Massie for Congress campaign. Your contribution will help us restore sanity to Washington DC with common sense principles.

Thank you,

A * ThomasMassie.com
    $
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

If the entire GOP made a stand here, Pelosi would lose and look foolish. She can't arrest half of congress.

Good. Everyone is tired of this bull$#@!.

Dozens of House Republicans, staffers march maskless to Senate floor to protest mask mandate

Dozens of House Republicans and their staffers marched maskless out of the House to the Senate floor in protest of the new mask mandate for the lower chamber.

The lawmakers and their staffers traveled across the Capitol on Thursday to protest the fact that Capitol Police have instructed officers to arrest staffers and visitors who don’t wear masks and refuse to leave the House.

Prior to the migration, Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, motioned to adjourn the House in protest against the mandate that Republicans have said came down from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

Roy was joined by around 50 of his House colleagues, including Reps. Madison Cawthorn, R-N.C., Kat Cammack, R-Fla., and Byron Donalds, R-Fla.

“Congressman Roy said it succinctly on the House floor Wednesday: ‘We have a crisis at our border and we’re playing footsie with mask mandates in the people’s house,’” a Roy spokesperson told Fox News in an email.

“The fact that Speaker Pelosi is willing to have vaccinated staffers arrested for not complying with her mask mandate while the border remains wide open tells you all you need to know,” they continued. “This isn’t about science. It’s about politics and control.”

Cawthorn told Fox News in a Thursday statement that the Republicans who left the House chamber to protest the mask mandate “took a firm stance on individual liberty.”

“Along with the majority of Americans, we rejected the totalitarian, hypocritical, and arbitrary ruling from Speaker Pelosi demanding masks be worn in the House,” Cawthorn said. “My staff should never fear arrest because they practice individual responsibility.”

The North Carolina congressman’s communications director Micah Bock told Fox News on Thursday that he was stopped by a Capitol Police officer and prevented from entering the Cannon House Office Building for not wearing a mask.

Bock said he was advised by the officer that he had to “wear a mask to go through security” and that what he did after he went through was his “own concern.”

Republicans have taken aim at Pelosi for the mandate since the move by Capitol Police was announced on Thursday.

“The speaker of the House does not control the U.S. Capitol Police,” Pelosi spokesperson Drew Hammill previously told Fox News. “We were unaware of the memo until it was reported in the press.”

Capitol Police told Fox News in a Thursday email that “there is no reason it should ever come to someone being arrested.”

“Anyone who does not follow the rules will be asked to wear a mask or leave the premises,” Capitol Police said. “The Department’s requirement for officers to wear masks is for their health and safety.”

A similar rule has been in place before. The Constitution gives members of Congress privilege from some arrests in the Capitol, such as in cases of unlawful entry. So far, there is no such mask mandate on the Senate side.

Washington, D.C. announced it will restart its indoor mask mandate on Saturday to reflect federal guidelines.
    https://thespectator.info/2021/07/29...-mask-mandate/

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    If the entire GOP made a stand here, Pelosi would lose and look foolish. She can't arrest half of congress.
    Yup. Show that she is impeding constituent representation. Which is...unlawful.

Donated
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Belian, The Count, kahless et. al should be here shortly to inform us that this is all just political theater and grifting for campaign contributions, that nothing will ever change, and we're all fools for "playing their game."

Probably just had a late day at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

They just need to have a vote to make masks illegal and then pass it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Belian, The Count, kahless et. al should be here shortly to inform us that this is all just political theater and grifting for campaign contributions, that nothing will ever change, and we're all fools for "playing their game."

Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

If Massie needs me to come armed with battle rattle to make sure he is able to conduct business for his constituents have him P.M. me.

When bureaucrats start telling Congress what to do ..
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    When bureaucrats start telling Congress what to do ..
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to acptulsa again.

Yup. Bureaucracy is an virus that kills an Republic.

Thomas Massie is a Great American and should be treated as such by all of Congress. He is the shining example the others should aspire to be .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you.
    Annnnd, like clockwork.

LOL You so silly. Working overtime?
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Annnnd, like clockwork.
    Show me on the doll where the black man touched you.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I sent him $35 bucks just to trigger these knuckleheads some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

HELL. NO.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Thomas Massie for President.

I kind of hope he does get arrested. To escalate things and/or martyrize him
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I kind of hope he does get arrested. To escalate things and/or martyrize him
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheTexan again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Show me on the doll where the black man touched you.
    I can show you where four of them touched my great grandmother, multiple times, with bats and pipes, and killed her for $45.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Massie 2024.

This could simplify things and may even get GOP out of current mess.
    I'd vote for him if he won a primary no problem. But I don't think he has the national profile to be the candidate. I really think DeSantis is the savior for the GOP at this point.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd vote for him if he won a primary no problem. But I don't think he has the national profile to be the candidate.
    Agreed, don't think he'll win primary.

I really think DeSantis is the savior for the GOP at this point.
    He's raising his profile as "America First" and has held his cabinet meeting in Israel already, so he's got a strong chance on paper.
    Unless MAGA strikes back and makes a "Rubio" out of him in time ahead... which is quite probable also.