Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Churchgoers with face masks will be removed, Tennessee pastor says. 'I'm sick of it'"

"Churchgoers with face masks will be removed, Tennessee pastor says. 'I'm sick of it'"

A Tennessee pastor threatened to boot mask-wearers from his Tennessee church as some places are taking additional measures to help protect against the more contagious coronavirus delta variant.

"If they go through round two and you start showing up (with) all these masks and all this nonsense, I will ask you to leave," pastor Greg Locke told his Nashville-area congregation during a service on Sunday. "I will ask you to leave. I am not playing these Democrat games up in this church."

Locke's comments at Global Vision Bible Church come as some U.S. communities reconsider face mask recommendations during the continued spread of the delta variant. Locke in his sermon criticized officials for eyeing potential restrictions.

"I ain't playing these stupid games," Locke said in a video posted to Facebook on Sunday. "A bunch of pastors talking about how much they want to see people heal and they're afraid to baptize people because of a delta variant — I'm sick of it."

Locke during his sermon also vowed to keep his church open in Mount Juliet, east of Nashville.

"They will be serving Frosty's in hell before we shut this place down," he said.

Locke made similar comments earlier in the pandemic, when he said in July 2020 that he was willing to go to jail before closing his church. At that time, a video showed maskless people listening to an in-person sermon as Tennessee health officials recommended faith groups hold their services remotely, McClatchy News reported.

"We are staying open," Locke said in his past Facebook video. "You ain't gotta wear a mask. We're not social distancing."

About two months later, hundreds of people reportedly defied mask mandates in Washington state when they gathered to hear Locke speak.
    During the coronavirus pandemic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has urged people to wear face coverings inside public buildings if they haven't gotten a COVID-19 vaccine. Health officials also are encouraging people to get vaccinated against the disease to help stop them from getting seriously sick.

A spokesperson for Global Vision Bible Church didn't immediately respond to McClatchy News' requests for comment Monday.

https://www.bakersfield.com/ap/natio...4c7f52571.html
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here is the telling article line for me: "A bunch of pastors talking about how much they want to see people heal and they're afraid to baptize people because of a delta variant..."

There was a time when churches were at the forefront of healing and caring for the sick. Now, churches are closed, but abortion clinics are open. This is no accident. Cultural marxists are relishing this.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Because choice isn’t acceptable to many people on both sides.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I mean, good. The churches need to regain their backbone. They've been utterly neutered over the years by the greater culture and a bunch new age nitwits at the pulpits.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

This pastor on the surface may appear anti free-choice but perhaps should be given a pass on this as he appears to be pro-choice on other issues like LGBTQ civil rights and supportive of life style equality activists:

https://twitter.com/morphonios/statu...92358916636672
    Roger Stone to Testify to Pastor Greg Locke on Sunday, August 30 In Mt. Juliet, TN at the Global Vision Bible Church
    August 23, 2020

In looking up his community services, saw some haters have put up videos trying to paint him as an "emotional wreck", that is not nice.

It's one thing to oppose governments forcing churches to close if congregants don't wear masks. It's quite another to expel congregants who choose to wear masks. Seems to me the pastor should have more respect for those members of his flock who want to mask.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

I guess evangelism isn't his priority
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Ball caps and cowboy hats aren't permitted in church either.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    It's one thing to oppose governments forcing churches to close if congregants don't wear masks. It's quite another to expel congregants who choose to wear masks. Seems to me the pastor should have more respect for those members of his flock who want to mask.
    Maybe he views masked as showing allegiance to the false god of government?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I think he wants to know who is and isn't singing.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Thats how I would see it if I was him . Wheres the faith at man ? LOL
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Thats how I would see it if I was him . Wheres the faith at man ? LOL
    It is an open display of Lack of Faith. an open display of Fear..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

It's one thing to oppose governments forcing churches to close if congregants don't wear masks.
    But you were for the churches closing.

It's quite another to expel congregants who choose to wear masks.
    Except you were against people choosing not to wear masks.

Seems to me the pastor should have more respect for those members of his flock who want to mask.
    You were for the mandates, so doesn't that cut both ways?

I guess evangelism isn't his priority

You were for mandates, so I guess evangelism is your priority.

This may perhaps explain "Proud Boys" guiding light Roger Stone dropping by:

Pastor Greg Locke
    @pastorlocke
    Aug 15, 2019
    Israel and Netanyahu are 100% right. I stand with them. By the way, so does the God of the Bible.
    pulpitandpen.org/2018/08/07/pastor-greg-locke-adultery-in-gods-eyes-marries-church-secretary/

Was OP story result of blowback against Dunkin Donuts mask policy?

Pastor Greg Locke/YouTube

Trump-loving pastor threatens Dunkin’ Donuts employee, chain changes mask policy

'I’m going to kick your teeth down your throat.'

Eilish O'Sullivan
    Aug 1, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Ball caps and cowboy hats aren't permitted in church either.
    Classy joint.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Pastor Greg Locke/YouTube

Trump-loving pastor threatens Dunkin’ Donuts employee, chain changes mask policy

'I’m going to kick your teeth down your throat.'
    Now why would liberal youtube remove a video that would make a conservative look bad?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Now why would liberal youtube remove a video that would make a conservative look bad?
    Maybe because the YouTube algorithms can't distinguish between videos that expose extremist views and those that promote them. Apparently the video was posted by a group that monitors right-wing disinformation. https://www.citywatchla.com/index.ph...we-get-an-amen

I had never heard of Locke, so I looked him up. It's quite apparent he's an ignorant $#@! who thinks the pandemic is fake and the Delta variant is nonsense. https://fox17.com/news/local/middle-...misinformation

He ought to walk through a Covid ward (without any protective equipment, of course) and lay hands on the patients. He'll soon find out if Covid is fake. Apparently the death of one of his congregants from Covid didn't make a dent in his cement-for-brain outlook.

This guy doesn't need YouTube videos to make him look bad. All he has to do is open his yap and make inane claims such as members of the Biden Administration are operating "child-trafficking tunnels" under the White House and that God Himself is coming to D.C. to cleanse it of pedophilia. https://www.newsweek.com/pastor-greg...sident-1604528

He almost makes the folks at the Westboro Baptist Church look good.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    It is an open display of Lack of Faith. an open display of Fear..
    I wouldn't want to see someone kicked out of my church for making an open display of lack of faith.

Nor do I think the decision to kick someone out of church for more appropriate reasons than that is a decision to be made unilaterally and on the spot by a single authoritarian pastor without the involvement of the whole body in the decision.

I think the pastor saying something like this publicly says a lot not just about his views on mask wearing, but also about the kind of church this is and the role he plays in dictating things to the members. There are a lot of churches out there that have pastors like that. And its problematic for reasons that go beyond how they deal with COVID.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    I wouldn't want to see someone kicked out of my church for making an open display of lack of faith.

Nor do I think the decision to kick someone out of church for more appropriate reasons than that is a decision to be made unilaterally and on the spot by a single authoritarian pastor without the involvement of the whole body in the decision.

I think the pastor saying something like this publicly says a lot not just about his views on mask wearing, but also about the kind of church this is and the role he plays in dictating things to the members. There are a lot of churches out there that have pastors like that. And its problematic for reasons that go beyond how they deal with COVID.
    Many view mask wearing as a sign of disrespect.

Disrespect for God, for the church and for the other parishioners.

Neither of us know whether or not this preacher discussed this matter with his parish but I'm inclined to believe he speaks for the masses.

Many view mask wearing as a sign of disrespect.

Disrespect for God, for the church and for the other parishioners.

Neither of us know whether or not this preacher discussed this matter with his parish but I'm inclined to believe he speaks for the masses.
    That seems like an ungracious way to view mask wearing. I think we should assume that people who choose to wear masks simply believe what they've been told by the CDC and others about it. Even if that's born out of misinformation, or even loyalty to the principalities and powers of this dark world, their choice to wear it is harmless. And even if they are trying to make a deliberate statement, like athletes kneeling for the national anthem, that's still harmless.

And even if they're making a statement, and positively intend to be disrespectful about it, Christians should take their cue in such a situation from 1 Peter 3:14-15, which tells them:
    But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

That seems like an ungracious way to view mask wearing.
    I suppose you wouldn't fit in at that church in Tennessee.

Especially given that you'd try to tell them how you think they're to respond to actions they find disrespectful.

I suppose you wouldn't fit in at that church in Tennessee.

Especially given that you'd try to tell them how you think they're to respond to actions they find disrespectful.
    I suppose not.

That seems like a weird reason to think someone wouldn't fit in at a church though.

That kind of need for everyone to parrot the pastor's opinions about everything is the sort of problem I was getting at in my earlier post.

If someone comes to my church and has an opinion the rest of us disagree with about how we're supposed to respond to actions we find disrespectful, that's ok, we can handle that kind of thing without kicking them out.

And it's worth pointing out that the verses I quoted aren't just my opinion about how Christians are supposed to respond to actions they find disrespectful. Along with many other passages that give similar instructions, they're inspired Scripture.
    Ron Paul

Maybe because the YouTube algorithms can't distinguish between videos that expose extremist views and those that promote them.
    LOL. There are no "algorithms." The level of sophistication is someone reporting a video.

It's quite apparent he's an ignorant $#@! who thinks the pandemic is fake and the Delta variant is nonsense.
    Except he's correct. He said “I’m saying the sickness is real, I’m saying the pandemic is not," "Locke commented,..."

Peer review shows Corona deaths no higher than the flu. That's not a pandemic.

All he has to do is open his yap and make inane claims such as...God Himself is coming to D.C. to cleanse it of pedophilia.
    God is pro-pedo?

He almost makes the folks at the Westboro Baptist Church look good.
    Locke is at funerals berating people?

You never answered my questions, so here they are again:

1. You were for the churches closing. Correct?

2. You were against people going maskless. Correct?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

And it's worth pointing out that the verses I quoted aren't just my opinion about how Christians are supposed to respond to actions they find disrespectful. Along with many other passages that give similar instructions, they're inspired Scripture.
    How Disrespectful should be allowed??

Should a local Whore show off her wares?

I remember a time when Head Coverings were still common. and expected.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    How Disrespectful should be allowed??

Should a local Whore show off her wares?
    No they shouldn't, and that has to do with more than just respect vs. disrespect. But the question isn't whether they should or not, but how Christians should respond when they do.
    Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    You never answered my questions, so here they are again:

1. You were for the churches closing. Correct?

2. You were against people going maskless. Correct?
    You never asked these questions; you simply claimed that I held these views, thereby proving you're as clueless as ever.

Why are you so interested in my views?
    Erwin N. Griswold

Anonymous

A pastor associated with pulpitandpen.org. That's an org that the former RPFs member Sola would like. Just saying.

I am all for this church doing this. I am all for churches mandating masks. I am all for Muslim countries mandating bhurkas or commie countries mandating communism. I am also all for our country not allowing those who wish chains upon me to migrate here. People should congregate with those they chose. I don't understand why people wish to congregate with those they don't like.

But the question isn't whether they should or not, but how Christians should respond when they do.
    and how is a NON Christian opinion even relevant in a Church?
    They will answer to their Creator in time.

Why do unbelievers try to Tell Christians How they are supposed to be? (when they have NO Understanding at all)
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

You never asked these questions; you simply claimed that I held these views, thereby proving you're as clueless as ever.

Oh, you're right. My mistake. So I will ask the questions here.

Were you for the churches closing?

Were you against people going maskless?

Why are you so interested in my views?
    Because it's a discussion board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast