Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Churchgoers with face masks will be removed, Tennessee pastor says. 'I'm sick of it'"

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    and how is a NON Christian opinion even relevant in a Church?
    They will answer to their Creator in time.

Why do unbelievers try to Tell Christians How they are supposed to be?
    I can't answer for why unbelievers may think that, nor do I need to concern myself with that. I just need to concern myself with how I respond to them when they do. I hope that I and my brothers and sisters in Christ will speak and act in such a way that God may use us to bring about a result like what 1 Corinthians 14:23-25 encourages:
    Therefore if the whole church gathers together and all the people speak in tongues, and outsiders or unbelievers enter, will they not say that you are insane? But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an outsider enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all; the secrets of his heart are disclosed; and so he will fall on his face and worship God, declaring that God is certainly among you.
    But this kind of thing would be disallowed if we started off with a policy that the enemies of Christ weren't welcome in our presence when we assembled.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    And even if they are trying to make a deliberate statement, like athletes kneeling for the national anthem, that's still harmless.
    I like seeing churches being apolitical as possible, but I think there's a lot of hyperbole with the pastor.

The kneeling is a different issue, but it's not harmless. It screws up team chemistry and should not be done. Your first purpose is to win the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess evangelism isn't his priority
    I will ask you to leave. I am not playing these Democrat games up in this church.
    I forget the exact verse but I believe in the second book of John, Jesus instructed his disciples to get the plague in order to own the libs.

But this kind of thing would be disallowed if we started off with a policy that the enemies of Christ weren't welcome in our presence when we assembled.
    I don't play these silly splitting hairs games.

You sound like the same that would have me Sodomized in prison.. rather than resist.

And I would really like to knock the nasty grin off your face again.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I don't play these silly splitting hairs games.

You sound like the same that would have me Sodomized in prison.. rather than resist.

And I would really like to knock the nasty grin off your face again.
    If you think that seeing a difference between someone wearing a mask in your presence and someone trying to sodomize you is hair splitting, then we're just talking past each other.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

If you think that seeing a difference between someone wearing a mask in your presence and someone trying to sodomize you is hair splitting, then we're just talking past each other.
    No.. A Pastor is responsible for the Flock.

Allowing this crap is unhealthy Physically Spiritually and Mentally..

It is a Good Shepherd that protects the Flock.. and this is the reason Deacons are Armed these days.

I am a Believer but not a Pacifist..

I believe in peace,, Though some think a Christian should bend over and not resist..

I did not kill my attacker.

And taking a firm stand against evil and Lies of this world is the Job of the Pastor.

Why are you defending the Stupidity of Mask wearing?? Why are you Trollishly defending the indefensible?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I forget the exact verse but I believe in the second book of John, Jesus instructed his disciples to get the plague in order to own the libs.
    If you think about it, the worse your lung function is, the closer you are to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I remember being told to not worry about such things.

I was commanded so. "Fear Not".
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Why are you defending the Stupidity of Mask wearing?? Why are you Trollishly defending the indefensible?
    Please give the quote of where you think I did that.
    Ron Paul

Please give the quote of where you think I did that.
    Trashing the Pastor for Forbidding Masks. Post #18

Post #20 is about telling Christians How they are supposed to be abused.

I heard that a lot in prison about fighting back...
    some people don't like their victims to defend themselves..and will use the Bible to do it.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No.. A Pastor is responsible for the Flock.

Allowing this crap is unhealthy Physically Spiritually and Mentally..
    Remember 5 months ago when you had the opinion you expressed in this post?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?552854-Effeminacy-Is-Not-Working-for-the-Christian-Church&p=7025899&viewfull=1#post7025899

When I look at passages about excommunicating people, like Matthew 18 and 1 Corinthians 5, I don't see how they jive with the idea that this is to be done single-handedly by the fiat of a pastor or any other individual.

I also don't see how this is protecting anyone from anything. If someone wears a mask in your presence, that doesn't harm you. And it doesn't harm the congregation of a church in any physical, mental, or spiritual way, just to have someone in their presence wearing a mask. Kicking a person out of church for that doesn't protect anyone from anything.
    Ron Paul

Trashing the Pastor for Forbidding Masks. Post #18

Post #20 is about telling Christians How they are supposed to be abused.

I heard that a lot in prison about fighting back...
    some people don't like their victims to defend themselves..and will use the Bible to do it.
    I didn't trash him. I criticized his position. And in criticizing it, at no point did I defend mask wearing.

As for the scripture I quoted in post 20, I didn't defend mask wearing there either. But if you disagree with what that passage says, your quarrel isn't with me.

It's possible to disagree with something and also not support punishing people for doing it.

If a pastor kicked someone out of church for smoking cigarettes and I criticized the pastor for doing that, would you say that I was "defending the stupidity of smoking cigarettes"?
    Ron Paul

I remember being told to not worry about such things.

I was commanded so. "Fear Not".
    I am not a Christian and I have no desire cut short my one life or the life of someone I care about because some anti-reason mystic tells me to do something. I don't think masks should be mandatory because you have the opportunity to be vaccinated and virus numbers are subsiding. But it is loopy as hell to require people not to wear masks or social distance. Underneath most evangelicals are tyrants waiting to get out.

If a pastor kicked someone out of church for smoking cigarettes and I criticized the pastor for doing that, would you say that I was "defending the stupidity of smoking cigarettes"?
    Nope,, and I do smoke. I don't smoke in Church,, and I would have thrown them out,, before the pastor had to.

Mask wearing is a religion at this point.. an unhealthy addiction.

There are several places that do NOT ALLOW Masks..

Don't try walking into the gun store wearing a mask. you might get shot.

a few places have NO Mask signs.. and you won't get service wearing one.

Take the Damn Mask off and be reasonable.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Take the Damn Mask off and be reasonable.
    It's interesting how a humble piece of paper with a couple of rubber bands attached has turned into a Symbol of Unreasonableness.

Around here, for 99% of the population, it's a sign someone is going in a doctor's office.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It's interesting how a humble piece of paper with a couple of rubber bands attached has turned into a Symbol of Unreasonableness.

Around here, for 99% of the population, it's a sign someone is going in a doctor's office.
    And I wear one with my wife,, when I go to their temple.

and I look them in the eye. (and I wonder how many Know)
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Really if you dont have any more faith than to attend without a mask you should stay home and repent ,LOL . You guys probably didnt know most people on RPF's are atheist or whackadoodles.
    Do something Danke

Nope
    Then you understand that just because I don't want to punish someone for doing something, that doesn't mean that I support them doing it.
    Ron Paul

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    You guys probably didnt know most people on RPF's are atheist or whackadoodles.
    I actually did think that was apparent.
    Ron Paul

Then you understand that just because I don't want to punish someone for doing something, that doesn't mean that I support them doing it.
    No one was being "punished" for anything..

People were told to leave the stupid unhealthy masks off..

They had a choice.. Leave or Stay without the Damn Mask.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

No one was being "punished" for anything..

People were told to leave the stupid unhealthy masks off..

They had a choice.. Leave or Stay without the Damn Mask.
    If a pastor kicked you out of church because you smoke, would you not consider that a punishment for smoking?

And that's really beside the point anyway. Call it a punishment or call it something else. It doesn't change my point, which it sounds like you understand perfectly well in spite of your verbal gymnastics. Just because I don't want to kick someone out of church for doing something, that doesn't mean that I support doing whatever that thing is.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 07-30-2021 at 11:32 AM.
    Ron Paul

If a pastor kicked you out of church because you smoke,
    No,,
    I would know that Smoking was unwelcome there.. and would attempt to educate the pastor.

But I would be more likely to leave due to Flags of another god. which is all too common.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Oh, you're right. My mistake. So I will ask the questions here.

Were you for the churches closing?

Were you against people going maskless?
    I'm against the government forcing the churches to close, especially it allows other crowded places to operate. But if the pastor wants to close it, he should be able to. If the congregants overrule him and reopen the church, it's their funeral. If enough of them die of COVID the gene pool will certainly be improved.

I think it's extremely foolish to go maskless if you're unvaccinated, but I don't think the government should mandate masks YET. If people start dropping like flies due to the Delta or some future variant, I might reconsider.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    I think it's extremely foolish to go maskless if you're unvaccinated, but I don't think the government should mandate masks YET. If people start dropping like flies due to the Delta or some future variant, I might reconsider.
    What is it that you think masks accomplish?
    Ron Paul

I'm against the government forcing the churches to close, especially it allows other crowded places to operate. But if the pastor wants to close it, he should be able to. If the congregants overrule him and reopen the church, it's their funeral. If enough of them die of COVID the gene pool will certainly be improved.

Dropping like flies? Where? The magical land of CNN? This pandemic is CNN's version of FOX News reporting Iraqi WMD. I don't know anyone who was hospitalized by Covid. Most people I know don't know anyone who was either. This is after over a year and a half of this "worst pandemic" in a century.

Maybe because the YouTube algorithms can't distinguish between videos that expose extremist views and those that promote them. Apparently the video was posted by a group that monitors right-wing disinformation. https://www.citywatchla.com/index.ph...we-get-an-amen

I had never heard of Locke, so I looked him up. It's quite apparent he's an ignorant $#@! who thinks the pandemic is fake and the Delta variant is nonsense. https://fox17.com/news/local/middle-...misinformation

He ought to walk through a Covid ward (without any protective equipment, of course) and lay hands on the patients. He'll soon find out if Covid is fake. Apparently the death of one of his congregants from Covid didn't make a dent in his cement-for-brain outlook.

This guy doesn't need YouTube videos to make him look bad. All he has to do is open his yap and make inane claims such as members of the Biden Administration are operating "child-trafficking tunnels" under the White House and that God Himself is coming to D.C. to cleanse it of pedophilia. https://www.newsweek.com/pastor-greg...sident-1604528

He almost makes the folks at the Westboro Baptist Church look good.

There are no "extremist views". There is no Westboro Baptist Church. You're regurgitating C.I.A. talking points faster than they can $#@! them out.
    Last edited by Jenard Butler; 07-30-2021 at 03:24 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you think about it, the worse your lung function is, the closer you are to God.
    Dont be taken in and fooled by Krugminator , he is a Godless money changer and not even an anarchist .
    Do something Danke

What is it that you think masks accomplish?
    Psychological Manipulation,, and decreasing O2 to the brain..

I would say brain Damage,,and breathing difficulties would be most common.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I think it's extremely foolish to go maskless if you're unvaccinated,...
    I've already documented from peer review that masks don't work for Corona.

...but I don't think the government should mandate masks YET. If people start dropping like flies due to the Delta or some future variant, I might reconsider.
    No one is dropping like flies. Peer review shows that the Corona death rate is the same as the flu.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Dropping like flies? Where? The magical land of CNN? This pandemic is CNN's version of FOX News reporting Iraqi WMD. I don't know anyone who was hospitalized by Covid. Most people I know don't know anyone who was either. This is after over a year and a half of this "worst pandemic" in a century.
    I see there's a reading comprehension problem on this site. I said IF people start dropping like flies, not that they actually are. Can you not envision a doomsday scenario that just might change your mind and burst your conspiracy-theory bubble?

I don't know of anyone who was hospitalized for bubonic plague, nor do I think that anyone I know does either. So what? Are you suggesting that all of the hospitals shown on the news with full COVID wards are just movie sets and all of the folks on respirators and their doctors are actors? Are pictures of mass graves in Brazil and India fake? Did Kubrick film the moon landing?
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast