Thread: Massie Sues Pelosi

Massie Sues Pelosi

Can't find a link, yet, but Massie just announced he's suing Pelosi over her unconstitutional mask rule in Congress.

As you know, he was fined several times for being unmasked on the floor and threw each notice in the trash. Now, he's fighting back and needs support!

Statement:
    I am suing Nancy Pelosi over her unconstitutional mask rule.
    I am fighting this fight because if they can get away with this in Congress, they’ll do the same things to our kids when they go back to school, they’ll do the same things to hard working Americans in their workplaces, and they’ll do the same things to our soldiers.
    I am standing up to Pelosi for the American people who are tired of mask mandates, vaccine coercion, and violations of basic constitutional rights.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Excellent.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

It will be interesting to see how the Constitution applies to this matter:

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.
    Article I, Section 5, Clause 2
    It would seem that the rule (which now applies only to the unvaccinated) might be authorized if a majority of the representatives adopted it or if the Speaker had been delegated the authority to make such a rule.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the Constitution applies to this matter:

It would seem that the rule (which now applies only to the unvaccinated) might be authorized if a majority of the representatives adopted it or if the Speaker had been delegated the authority to make such a rule.
    H. Res. 38, which was passed by the House on Jan. 12, included the following:
    During the 45-day period designated by the Speaker of the House of Representatives in H.Res. 965, 116th Congress (allowing remote voting by proxy in the House and remote official committee procedures during a public health emergency due to a novel coronavirus [e.g., the virus that causes COVID-19])
    • the Sergeant-at-Arms is directed to impose a $500 fine for a first offense and a $2,500 fine for any subsequent offense against a Member, Delegate, or the Resident Commissioner for failure to wear a mask in contravention of the Speaker's announced policies of January 4, 2021; and
    • the fine shall be treated as though imposed and administered under Rule II (Other Officers and Officials) of the Rules of the House.

After the Committee on Ethics receives an appeal of the fine, the 30 calendar days or 5 legislative days, whichever is later, by which the committee must either dismiss the fine or allow it to proceed may not commence until the committee has adopted written rules.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...-resolution/38

I'm not sure what the details of Massie's suit are. But it may be that he argues that the fine was not imposed in accordance with that rule.

Edit: The suit is based on the 27th amendment. See my post below.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 07-27-2021 at 11:37 AM.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

This article gives some details.
    https://news.yahoo.com/house-mask-fi...161300858.html

The suit is based on the 27th Amendment, which says:
    No law varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

so basically they cant be fined because of the compensation rule .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    so basically they cant be fined because of the compensation rule .
    A somewhat similar objection was made by federal judges who claimed that their salaries couldn't be taxed because of the provision in Article III of the Constitution that says the compensation of a federal judge can't be diminished during his continuance in office. Although the Supreme Court initially upheld this objection, it later reversed itself and held that the no-diminishment provision didn't prevent taxing the judges' compensation. See O'Malley v. Woodrough, 307 U.S. 277 (1939).

If it's OK to withhold tax from congressmen's paychecks (and it is), why is it not OK to withhold a fine?
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    A somewhat similar objection was made by federal judges who claimed that their salaries couldn't be taxed because of the provision in Article III of the Constitution that says the compensation of a federal judge can't be diminished during his continuance in office. Although the Supreme Court initially upheld this objection, it later reversed itself and held that the no-diminishment provision didn't prevent taxing the judges' compensation. See O'Malley v. Woodrough, 307 U.S. 277 (1939).

If it's OK to withhold tax from congressmen's paychecks (and it is), why is it not OK to withhold a fine?
    Fines and taxes are two different things at least according to the judges who ruled on Obamacare mandate.

Taxes are indeed a fine however, a fine for breathing basically
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Were the fines levied after Massie had contacted COVID?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Were the fines levied after Massie had contacted COVID?
    Must be after. I didn't remember him having it. But he said back in October of 2020 that he had tested positive for antibodies back in July, meaning that he had to have had COVID some time before that.

The fines began to be imposed in January of this 2021.
    Ron Paul

I see nothing serving citizens by allowing judges or congressmen to be fined. Judges jobs are to follow the law if they are not doing that I'm OK with them being removed . I feel about the same for Congress ( I'll use the 2nd Amend as an example). As far as congress salaries go I'm very open to reducing them and having the fed govt directly provide an apt and staff salary for certain amount of staff . Congress should not be getting pd an more than the avg US income as far as I am concerned but they should not be fined. These jobs are public servant jobs and should pay no more than public servants such as an Infantry Captain sent to Afghanistan for example.
    Do something Danke

Disclaimer , I imposed a fine here on my properties long ago for people wearing masks but they dont have a contract .LOL
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Fines and taxes are two different things at least according to the judges who ruled on Obamacare mandate.

Taxes are indeed a fine however, a fine for breathing basically
    So if I just hold my breath....
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

That damned Anarchist. LOL

Keep throwing them into the trash! Go Tom!

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)