Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Jan. 6th Show Trials Threaten All of Us - Ron Paul

Exclamation The Jan. 6th Show Trials Threaten All of Us - Ron Paul

The Jan. 6th Show Trials Threaten All of Us

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/arch...ten-all-of-us/

Written by Ron Paul
    Monday July 26, 2021

The recent felony conviction and eight month prison sentence of January 6th protester Paul Hodgkins is an affront to any notion of justice. It is a political charge and a political verdict by a political court. Every American regardless of political persuasion should be terrified of a court system so beholden to politics instead of justice.

We’ve seen this movie before and it does not end well.

Worse than this miscarriage of justice is the despicable attempt by the prosecutor in the case to label Hodgkins – who has no criminal record and was accused of no violent crime – a “terrorist.”

As journalist Michael Tracey recently wrote, Special Assistant US Attorney Mona Sedky declared Hodgkins a “terrorist” in the court proceedings not for committing any terrorist act, not for any act of violence, not even for imagining a terrorist act.

Sedky wrote in her sentencing memo, “The Government … recognizes that Hodgkins did not personally engage in or espouse violence or property destruction.” She added, “we concede that Mr. Hodgkins is not under the legal definition a domestic terrorist.”

Yet Hodgkins should be considered a terrorist because the actions he took – entering the Senate to take a photo of himself – occurred during an event that the court is “framing…in the context of terrorism.”

That goes beyond a slippery slope. He is not a terrorist because he committed a terrorist act, but because somehow the “context” of his actions was, in her words, “imperiling democracy.”

In other words, Hodgkins deserved enhanced punishment because he committed a thought crime. The judge on the case, Randolph D. Moss, admitted as much. In carrying a Trump flag into the Senate, he said, Hodgkins was, “declaring his loyalty to a single individual over the nation.”

As Tracey pointed out, while eight months in prison is a ridiculously long sentence for standing on the floor of the “People’s House” and taking a photograph, it is also a ridiculously short sentence for a terrorist. If Hodgkins is really a terrorist, shouldn’t he be sent away for longer than eight months?

The purpose of the Soviet show trials was to create an enemy that the public could collectively join in hating and blaming for all the failures of the system. The purpose was to turn one part of the population against the other part of the population and demand they be “cancelled.” And it worked very well…for awhile.

In a recent article, libertarian author Jim Bovard quoted from Solzhenitsyn’s Gulag Archipelago about how average people turned out to demand "justice" for the state's designated “political” enemies: “There were universal meetings and demonstrations (including even school-children). It was the newspaper march of millions, and the roar rose outside the windows of the courtroom: ‘Death! Death! Death!’”

While we are not quite there yet, we are moving in that direction. Americans being sent to prison not for what they did, but for what they believe? Does that sound like the kind of America we really want to live in?

While many Biden backers are enjoying seeing the hammer come down on pro-Trump, non-violent protesters, they should take note: the kind of totalitarian “justice” system they are cheering on will soon be coming for them. It always does.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He imperiled democracy?

Impressive
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

What about the Q Shaman? You'd think they'd want to roast him first, make an example of him. Why this regular joe? Especially seeing as they gave him 8 months? Well gee whizz, that means he gets released right away with time served. All a damn circus.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Dead people voting: This is fine
    Illegals voting: This is fine
    Ballot harvesting: This is fine
    Dudes filling out ballots en masse outside voting centers: This is fine
    Care workers telling senior citizens how to vote: This is fine
    Breaking every election law in existence at the Detroit TCF Center: This is fine
    Allowing courts to write their own election laws: This is fine
    Ignoring state constitution election laws: This is fine
    Election workers running the same ballots multiple times: This is fine
    Having basically zero checks on mail-in ballot signatures: This is fine
    "Mail-in" ballots with zero creases: This is fine
    Hundreds of ballots with exactly identical markings: This is fine
    Refusing any kind of audit for 6+ months after the election: This is fine

Taking selfies in the Capitol building: The very Democracy of this country is at stake!!!
    Last edited by TheTexan; 07-27-2021 at 06:24 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

They are showing this farce on TV right now. If it weren't for the hypocrisy and emotionalism, there would be no content at all. They have “cops” up there telling us that the entire thing was the fault of Trump and his supporters in Congress. So good to get this expert political opinion from riot cops.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    They are showing this farce on TV right now. If it weren't for the hypocrisy and emotionalism, there would be no content at all. They have “cops” up there telling us that the entire thing was the fault of Trump and his supporters in Congress. So good to get this expert political opinion from riot cops.
    If the mainstream media wants to know who's "fault" it is, they need only look in the mirror

Without their massive coverup of the numerous election frauds, there never would have been a selfie insurrection in the first place
    - Kim Kardashian

This is going to be a political theatre. Chances of a fair trial seem pretty slim. Besides sharply prejudiced sentiment from likes of Liz Cheney, Romney camp, vast majority of GOP leaders including Trump had sort of disowned them.
    BTW, anyone knows if Dershowitz trained lawyer and conservative GOP Senator "MAGA ally" Ted Cruz would be aiding the DC riot investigative panel?

Conservative GOP Senator Cruz on Jan 6th Capitol Riot

As of now, top GOP leaders have shown far less support for those arrested in DC riot than they did for rapper A$AP Rocky's trial in Sweden during the golden age of America First revolution couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    What about the Q Shaman? You'd think they'd want to roast him first, make an example of him. Why this regular joe? Especially seeing as they gave him 8 months? Well gee whizz, that means he gets released right away with time served. All a damn circus.
    If I'm not mistaken he was trying to make some mental health plea after his request for pardon from them Prez Trump did not work.

Lawyer for Navy vet 'Qanon Shaman' who broke into Capitol wants Trump to PARDON him

duckies.... y'all... 2o24 is shaping up to be a grudge match. Joe Biden intends to run again,
    and we bloody well know that Donald Trump will run again, even though he's slightly younger
    than Joe Biden. In 2o22 Joe Biden turns 80. These hearings sorta hint at what the bi-election
    will be like. its going to be intense. i remember the antiwar protests of the 1960s + 1970s an'
    i can remember when very nonviolent protesters were really landed on by the powers that be...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    Shaman is more popular/name recognition and could be made a martyr of sorts.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    As of now, top GOP leaders have shown far less support for those arrested in DC riot than they did for rapper A$AP Rocky's trial in Sweden during the golden age of America First revolution couple of years ago.
    Well how about that, agreement!

The spineless, worthless, feckless GOP's outlook on this whole thing is well stated by Cruz's remarks.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Well how about that, agreement!

The spineless, worthless, feckless GOP's outlook on this whole thing is well stated by Cruz's remarks.
    They're pretty much just following Trump's worthless lead.

Trump had the opportunity to stand by the protestors, and pardon them, for their legitimate grievances, and he would have left office as a $#@!ing Legend.

Instead, he left office a $#@!ing coward, pussy whipped hiding in a corner, whimpering feebly like a god-damn $#@!ing woman.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 07-28-2021 at 08:15 AM.
    - Kim Kardashian

Geez, someone should really investigate this whole thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Geez, someone should really investigate this whole thing
    I know right, what a travesty of democracy. We can't let these terrorists win
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I know right, what a travesty of democracy. We can't let these terrorists win
    You'd think that our elected officials would have some kind of responsibility to at least look into it, maybe have some hearings...
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

You'd think that our elected officials would have some kind of responsibility to at least look into it, maybe have some hearings...
    I agree completely. Is it too late to do another impeachment?
    - Kim Kardashian

I agree completely. Is it too late to do another impeachment?
    Apparently it's never too late to impeach
    Pinochet is the model

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They're pretty much just following Trump's worthless lead.

Trump had the opportunity to stand by the protestors, and pardon them, for their legitimate grievances, and he would have left office as a $#@!ing Legend.

Instead, he left office a $#@!ing coward, pussy whipped hiding in a corner, whimpering feebly like a god-damn $#@!ing woman.
    It's worse than that. He and his surrogates worked them up into a frenzy to cover for his legal problems, hurt feelings and for political payback. Then he abandoned them since they never gave a $#@! about these people in the first place.

It was not ideological for him or about any concern for his supporters. The rally comedy routine was and is all about receiving love and worship for himself. Something he can show to his elitist friends and enemies what he can do better than them. It is all about him, his family and his fellow elites. They see supporters as useful tools, human garbage whose lives have no meaning but to serve them.

He is no different from the rest of the elites. What he did do for the elite class is protect the entire cult by making people falsely believe there is a difference and that he or a future designated family member are coming to save them.
    Last edited by kahless; 07-28-2021 at 12:12 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    It's worse than that. He and his surrogates worked them up into a frenzy to cover for his legal problems, hurt feelings and for political payback. Then he abandoned them since they never gave a $#@! about these people in the first place.
    The Trump PAC that was established after the election to rake in those sweet, sweet "election defense" dollars has to report its fundraising and spending next week.

Any bets on where that money actually went? All great causes, I'm sure.
    Pinochet is the model

It was not ideological for him or about any concern for his supporters. The rally comedy routine was and is all about receiving love and worship for himself. Something he can show to his elitists friends and enemies what he can do better than them. It is all about him, his family and his fellow elites. They see supporters as useful tools, human garbage whose lives have no meaning but to serve them.

He is no different from the rest of the elites. What he did do for the elite class is protect the entire cult by making people falsely believe there is a difference and that he or a future designated family member are coming to save them.
    What really sucks is that 85% of the MAGA movement still fully supports him for a run in 2024.

He's basically just jerking off on his supporters' face at this point and they're just gobbling it all up.
    - Kim Kardashian

What really sucks is that 85% of the MAGA movement still fully supports him for a run in 2024.

He's basically just jerking off on his supporters' face at this point and they're just gobbling it all up.
    So true. I wonder what the current break down is in that 85%. Clueless cult followers/feeling of team inclusion vs paid supporters (which attracts followers like bugs to a light) vs those that feel they have no where else to go.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

The Trump PAC that was established after the election to rake in those sweet, sweet "election defense" dollars has to report its fundraising and spending next week.

Any bets on where that money actually went? All great causes, I'm sure.
    We had a little preview so far.

Trump PAC Spends 20% Of Its Operating Expenses At Trump’s Business
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/zacheve...h=4ca3016e5ffb

Trump's PAC has spent no money on ballot audits as he pushes his election-fraud claims, but it has funded his flights and other personal expenses, a report says
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-report-2021-7

Art of the con.

Link below from earlier this year. Since then raising more off of election fraud claims.

Trump stocks new PAC with tens of millions as he bids to retain control of GOP
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ons-gop-464250
    Former President Donald Trump amassed $31.2 million in his new political operation by the end of 2020, giving him a powerful tool to keep the Republican Party in his grip as he left office.
    Houston we have a problem.

It was not ideological for him or about any concern for his supporters. The rally comedy routine was and is all about receiving love and worship for himself. Something he can show to his elitist friends and enemies what he can do better than them. It is all about him, his family and his fellow elites. They see supporters as useful tools, human garbage whose lives have no meaning but to serve them.

He is no different from the rest of the elites. What he did do for the elite class is protect the entire cult by making people falsely believe there is a difference and that he or a future designated family member are coming to save them
    Pretty much what I've been saying since Day 1.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Pretty much what I've been saying since Day 1.
    Even if he is a false idol no different than the others (which is true), he is still different in that he uniquely inspires division like no President in my lifetime.

Not even Obama inspired so much division.

And division, as I keep saying, is both good & necessary.

As long as he continues to inspire division, I will continue to wish Trump the most success. Even if he as a person is a nutless coward.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    duckies.... y'all... 2o24 is shaping up to be a grudge match. Joe Biden intends to run again,
    and we bloody well know that Donald Trump will run again, even though he's slightly younger
    than Joe Biden. In 2o22 Joe Biden turns 80. These hearings sorta hint at what the bi-election
    will be like. its going to be intense. i remember the antiwar protests of the 1960s + 1970s an'
    i can remember when very nonviolent protesters were really landed on by the powers that be...
    It’ll be the $hit show of the century.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meh, 8 months seems about right. These people broke the law, but it was hardly the crime of the century. They aren't terrorists, just weak minded useful idiots for Trump.

This shows the problem with putting crimes in special categories based on the motivation of the criminal.

You can have two identical crimes that are equal in severity and equal in heinousness and born out of equally vile motivations, but if the motivation for one of those crimes falls under the category of terrorism, or if it falls under the category of a hate crime, then all of a sudden that makes it worse in the eyes of the law than the other crime that it's really no worse than. You can have petty crimes like this treated like something much worse than they are.

There shouldn't be any such thing as "terrorism" or "hate crimes." Charge the crime for what it actually is, and not for what the alleged motive was.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

So the democrats hire a bunch of folks to make like they are Trump supporters and break some windows.

Now they are investigating the incident.

I'll bet they don't investigate who paid those folks to break the windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    This shows the problem with putting crimes in special categories based on the motivation of the criminal.

You can have two identical crimes that are equal in severity and equal in heinousness and born out of equally vile motivations, but if the motivation for one of those crimes falls under the category of terrorism, or if it falls under the category of a hate crime, then all of a sudden that makes it worse in the eyes of the law than the other crime that it's really no worse than. You can have petty crimes like this treated like something much worse than they are.

There shouldn't be any such thing as "terrorism" or "hate crimes." Charge the crime for what it actually is, and not for what the alleged motive was.
    I agree and wonder if some people here would feel the same about these protesters if they were lefties that entered the capital under a Paul Presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So the democrats hire a bunch of folks to make like they are Trump supporters and break some windows.

Probably more like in this order Trump supporters, various paid opposition groups aligned with Dems, other home grown political groups, some federal agents and those funded by foreign entities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

What does it matter? a gazillion people died that day. It was worse than 9/11, worse than Pearl Harbor, worse than the Civil War!!!!

I wonder if they'll have the balls to call Stephen Sund before the committee?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Meh, 8 months seems about right. These people broke the law, but it was hardly the crime of the century. They aren't terrorists, just weak minded useful idiots for Trump.
    Seems about right?

This is the crime he pleaded guilty to:

Whoever corruptly, or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication influences, obstructs, or impedes or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede the due and proper administration of the law under which any pending proceeding is being had before any department or agency of the United States, or the due and proper exercise of the power of inquiry under which any inquiry or investigation is being had by either House, or any committee of either House or any joint committee of the Congress—

Shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both.
    Note the words, "by threats or force".

What is threatening about taking selfies in the capitol? According to the article he wasn't violent or destructive.

Unless his physical presence in the building is a "threat" or "force", then he is innocent of this crime.

Keep in mind this is the justice system at its worst.... he pleaded guilty to a crime he didn't even commit, because if he hadn't? They would have thrown the book at him.
    - Kim Kardashian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast