Thread: PayPal Partners with ADL to Fight Extremism and Protect Marginalized Communities

PayPal Partners with ADL to Fight Extremism and Protect Marginalized Communities

PayPal Partners with ADL to Fight Extremism and Protect Marginalized Communities

SAN JOSE, Calif., July 26, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- PayPal Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL), in partnership with ADL (the Anti-Defamation League), today announced a new partnership initiative to fight extremism and hate through the financial industry and across at-risk communities. This is the latest effort by PayPal in combating racism, hate and extremism across its platforms and the industry.

Through this collaboration, PayPal and ADL have launched a research effort to address the urgent need to understand how extremist and hate movements throughout the U.S. are attempting to leverage financial platforms to fund criminal activity. The intelligence gathered through this research initiative will be shared broadly across the financial industry and with policymakers and law enforcement.
    "All of us, including in the private sector, have a critical role to play in fighting the spread of extremism and hate. With this new initiative, we're setting a new standard for companies to bring their expertise to critical social issues," said Jonathan Greenblatt, CEO, ADL. "We have a unique opportunity to further understand how hate spreads and develop key insights that will inform the efforts of the financial industry, law enforcement, and our communities in mitigating extremist threats."
    "This innovative partnership between ADL and PayPal encourages us to think outside the box when fighting evil," said Sindy Benavides, CEO, LULAC. "We hope to see more private and public partnerships such as these to help raise the social awareness of the public to the dangers that exist in plain sight. Attacking these hateful groups' revenue sources weakens their reach and exposes just how unstable they truly are. The data and research collected from experts will help organizations, like LULAC, inform their strategy to combat evil. We congratulate these organizations and will continue to stand alongside them against hate."
    This partnership is the most recent example of PayPal extending the reach of its financial crimes capabilities through multi-sector collaborations to address critical societal and community issues. PayPal also maintains partnerships with Polaris to combat human trafficking through a joint Financial Intelligence Unit, as well as a multi-sector research initiative to better understand illegal firearm trafficking and financing.
    More: https://newsroom.paypal-corp.com/202...ed-Communities
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Without reading article I guess this means whoever criticizes Israel gets their paypal account suspended
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

"All of us, including in the private sector, have a critical role to play in fighting the spread of extremism and hate. With this new initiative, we're setting a new standard for companies to bring their expertise to critical social issues," said Jonathan Greenblatt, CEO, ADL. "We have a unique opportunity to further understand how hate spreads and develop key insights that will inform the efforts of the financial industry, law enforcement, and our communities in mitigating extremist threats."
    Welcome to the world of provisional money. You not only have to jump through hoops to earn it, you have to keep jumping through hoops to keep it.

And don't try to spend it in the wrong place!

"This innovative partnership between ADL and PayPal encourages us to think outside the box when fighting evil," said Sindy Benavides, CEO, LULAC. "We hope to see more private and public partnerships such as these to help raise the social awareness of the public to the dangers that exist in plain sight.
    Dangers in plain sight like fascism.
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

"All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers