Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOJ says Fed Law does not bar Business from VAX Mandates

Thumbs down DOJ says Fed Law does not bar Business from VAX Mandates

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/do...edgdhp&pc=W022

Justice Department lawyers say that federal law doesn’t stop private businesses or public agencies from mandating Covid vaccines, an opinion released on Monday just hours after the Department of Veterans Affairs became the first federal agency to mandate inoculations for some of its employees.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sure there are plenty of libertarians that say the same thing.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

DOJ only observes the law they like . Keep that in mind when dealing with govt . Denying employment to non vaccinated is medical discrimination. A clear violation of most state law. Fed govt wants everyone to be vaccinated therefore that is the only law they will support.
    Last edited by oyarde; 07-28-2021 at 11:47 AM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Personally I dont think there are many Libertarians left.
    Do something Danke

Of course. The groundwork was laid long ago...

Libertarian Think Tank Comes Out in Support of Vaccine Passports From ‘Private Sector’
    Forced vaccinations (in an anarcho capitalist society) by Walter Block
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I told those guys in the other thread I always though Block was a crank.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I'm probably one of them. I think private businesses should be able to require their employees to wear short skirts if they want to. I think they should be able to require them to crawl on all fours as they enter the workplace. It's their money after all. If they want to buy some labor, they should be able to dictate the terms of the labor they want to purchase. And suffer the consequences of stupid rules. To me, exchanging money for someone's labor is no different than exchanging money for the fruits of someone's labor. And before I purchase any product, I make sure it suits my wants and needs. If it doesn't, I don't buy it. We don't need government coming in telling me I have to buy it, even though I may not want it.

But.....

If there's a contractual arrangement for employment, employers can't change the contract midstream. Employees need to know what they're agreeing to before they accept the job. Any changes in that contract need to be negotiated. If there's a disagreement, the employer is still responsible for fulfilling the remainder of the existing contract.

As for government employees... Yeah, let's hope this leads to a mass exodus.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I'm probably one of them. I think private businesses should be able to require their employees to wear short skirts if they want to. I think they should be able to require them to crawl on all fours as they enter the workplace. It's their money after all. If they want to buy some labor, they should be able to dictate the terms of the labor they want to purchase. And suffer the consequences of stupid rules...
    Weinstein and friends liked to think that the power of the employer included requiring sexual favors. Are medical procedures and drug requirements fine? “All workers must be circumcised, even females.” “All employees must take Prozac, it’s easier to deal with them.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    strike
    daM,it
    STRIKE!!!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I would say all libertarians would be fine with allowing private businesses to make vaccination compulsory for employment. A person who doesn't believe that is by definition not libertarian.

This isn't a particularly

Does anyone know if there is any legal way out of refusing the vaccine and not facing repercussions?

Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is any legal way out of refusing the vaccine and not facing repercussions?
    It is a violation of religion would work depending on what state you live in .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I would say all libertarians would be fine with allowing private businesses to make vaccination compulsory for employment. A person who doesn't believe that is by definition not libertarian.

This isn't a particularly
    You mean an inflexible, dogmatic libertarian who is crippled by the nuances of the world around them. Tyranny imposed via a consolidated, coordinated, centralized private/public partnership is no less tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Well, glad I'm not one then.

We are witnessing all round us, the tyranny that is possible under the unholy alliance of the state and global hyper mega corps.

An employer has a right to demand a certain level of performance and adherence to the rules and standards for which you are hired to perform, while on company time.

Once you are "off" those controls are gone.

The "company store" model was ditched a long time ago, for good reason, it's nothing more than one step above chattel slavery.

Dammit. People need to understand their power! Your company doesn’t own you or your labor. You sell them your labor. If you don’t like the terms of the agreement, stop selling to them! If more people did this, businesses wouldn’t pull this stupid crap. They wouldn’t be able to.

It’s a free mutual exchange. You are the seller. If your buyer is placing crazy demands on you, end the arrangement. Screw ‘em. They don’t own you! Know your value and don’t be cajoled into accepting less than you deserve.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dammit. People need to understand their power! Your company doesn’t own you or your labor. You sell them your labor. If you don’t like the terms of the agreement, stop selling to them! If more people did this, businesses wouldn’t pull this stupid crap. They wouldn’t be able to.

It’s a free mutual exchange. You are the seller. If your buyer is placing crazy demands on you, end the arrangement. Screw ‘em. They don’t own you! Know your value and don’t be cajoled into accepting less than you deserve.
    This mentality should extend all they way up to The State. 'We the People' never needed a 'State' to take care of things for us, we need to walk away from anyone claiming authority over the masses. But yes you are correct, if people just said 'no', but they don't. "Oh I have bills, I have responsibilities" No, you have shackles that the system makes you believe is necessary.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Weinstein and friends liked to think that the power of the employer included requiring sexual favors. Are medical procedures and drug requirements fine? “All workers must be circumcised, even females.” “All employees must take Prozac, it’s easier to deal with them.”
    You are acting as if people couldn't walk away. Here's what you say, "yeah, sorry. I don't want to do any of that stuff - I'll sell my services elsewhere, thanks."

I understand the corporate/State relationship and yes, that's a problem. The state wants to control of people and business and corporations want the cover of the state so they don't have to worry about competition from other businesses who aren't doing these kinds of mandates. That's the problem.

It's not inflexible dogmatic libertarianism, it's just a belief in personal ownership and responsibility. If I'm a business owner, I should be able to select employees that meet my criteria. If I'm an employee, I should be able to select an employer that meets my criteria. That's a free exchange. Businesses that want to mandate vaccinations will have employees that have no problem with it and businesses that don't will have employees that are fine with that. This wouldn't even be an issue if not for the imposition of the State.

The problem with the libertarian perspective of let every business make it own decision or the philosophy of trading labor for money is that it only works one way. Any business owner can become destitute in the flash of a second by any trivial lawsuit. Only big corporations have the wherewithal to sustain the greased palms of societal bureaucrats. Where was liberty for all the businesses ordered shut down during the Spamdemic? Business owners are forced to comply with all sorts of regulations. Free speech is only allowed when it is sanctioned. Businesses are only allowed to make decisions when it fits the agenda or narrative. Youtube can make their own rules and silence Alex Jones or Donald Trump. They can promote BLM and a narrative about the dangers of white supremacy but stifle any legitimate debate because after all they are a private company. That is of course until some libtard decides what they are doing needs more regulations and then they haul them in and mandate propaganda.

Anyone know where a registered nurse can "sell their services" at a place that hasn't bought the vaccination hook-line-sinker?

I've been out of the healthcare system since last November. I told them to take the job and shove it. Yeah. Stuck it to the man! Rebel I am.

Only problem is, there were 10 more fresh-grads waiting to replace me. So, on the macro, I don't think it works. No one is irreplaceable.

It's great for self-satisfaction, but it doesn't really change anything.

IMO there's not much difference between what "private" industry is doing these days than what the Hessian mercenaries were doing in the 1700s. If the end goal is the same, what difference does it make if it is a private company or the state itself that infringes on the rights of people? What are we trying to preserve at that point?
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Anyone know where a registered nurse can "sell their services" at a place that hasn't bought the vaccination hook-line-sinker?

I've been out of the healthcare system since last November. I told them to take the job and shove it. Yeah. Stuck it to the man! Rebel I am.

Only problem is, there were 10 more fresh-grads waiting to replace me. So, on the macro, I don't think it works. No one is irreplaceable.

IMO there's not much difference between what "private" industry is doing these days than what the Hessian mercenaries were doing in the 1700s. If the end goal is the same, what difference does it make if it is a private company or the state itself that infringes on the rights of people? What are we trying to preserve at that point?
    Highly respected doctors were fired and canceled for questioning the science.

Consider using your talent in the private market. Is there a market as a patient advocate? Suppose you have a clientele of elderly patients living in nursing homes. You get hired by the family to stop in and visit their loved one and have rights to have access to all their medical records. People that are supposedly ambulated 4 times per day that cannot even stand? People out of bed for all meals that have not been out of bed for a year? I think there is a place for a person that knows what goes on and can advocate on behalf of the patient.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    It is a violation of religion would work depending on what state you live in .
    That's a possibility. I'll have to think about it and look into it.

That's a possibility. I'll have to think about it and look into it.
    I don't think the religion excuse works if you are a healthcare worker. I think COVID religion supersedes all other religions.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think it's easy to just leave and get another job that pays well and that fits someone's skills and experience. Plus, what if the majority of companies are mandating the vaccine?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I see what you're saying, but I don't think it's easy to just leave and get another job that pays well and that fits someone's skills and experience. Plus, what if the majority of companies are mandating the vaccine?
    Well, then work for a company in the minority.

But seriously, there is a problem with your mindset if you believe that you can't leave and get paid well. If a company is willing to pay a price for your services, so will a competitor. If your value is high enough, you hold all the cards. And isn't that what we all should be striving for?? Why would anyone want to be subject to the whims of an employer or the State??

I work for a corporation, but I consider myself self-employed. The corporation pays me well for the value I provide them. If either one of us decides it's not working for us anymore, we are both free to leave. No one owes anyone anything. The corporation could crumble tomorrow. I could become incapacitated. If you fear losing your job, then you may want to question your outlook on life - because you're allowing someone else to control you.

I've recommended this kind of system for all my friends in Health Care: https://www.moneycrashers.com/cash-o...-no-insurance/

You may end up making less in your paycheck (depending on the clientele), but the job will be much more rewarding and with less stress. Don't underestimate the value of that!
    You have to understand that you're in the minority in Health Care, so your options will be more limited. But that doesn't mean they're not there. Hell, start your own nursing outfit!

As individuals it's a pointless exercise.

Even if highly skilled in very specialized field, there will always be somebody just as qualified willing to take your place.

Now, if people joined together to exercise this power then you may have some success.

Of course, that's a trade union, which has it's own set of problems...

Of course, that's a trade union, which has it's own set of problems...
    Such as that most supposedly free states have passed right to work laws over the past 40 years?

Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Well, then work for a company in the minority.

But seriously, there is a problem with your mindset if you believe that you can't leave and get paid well. If a company is willing to pay a price for your services, so will a competitor. If your value is high enough, you hold all the cards. And isn't that what we all should be striving for?? Why would anyone want to be subject to the whims of an employer or the State??

I work for a corporation, but I consider myself self-employed. The corporation pays me well for the value I provide them. If either one of us decides it's not working for us anymore, we are both free to leave. No one owes anyone anything. The corporation could crumble tomorrow. I could become incapacitated. If you fear losing your job, then you may want to question your outlook on life - because you're allowing someone else to control you.
    I pretty much get job offers without even asking for them. I haven't interviewed for a job in 10 years

Vax can go $#@! itself
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Even if highly skilled in very specialized field, there will always be somebody just as qualified willing to take your place.
    On paper, there is always some indian with the same qualifications.

But if you're good at what you do, and not just on paper, you are NOT easily replaced. Your replacement will be sub-par, fired after 3 months, they will spend 3 months being more selective in their hiring, and then maybe, maybe they will find a good replacement.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast