Thread: Jordan Peterson ~ INSANE Correlation Between Prevalent of Infectious Diseases & Authoritarian

Jordan Peterson ~ INSANE Correlation Between Prevalent of Infectious Diseases & Authoritarian

This is not news it dates back to May 2020. It does show how relevant his talk is to how things are now. Go get them Jordan. I love his talks.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope ya'll will find this useful in countering what is going on with the vax campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I hope ya'll will find this useful in countering what is going on with the vax campaign.
    What would be REALLY helpful is if he could have remembered the "mind-boggling, Nobel-prize-winning" study he mentioned. I went out to PLOS One and I'm not sure I found it.

Perhaps, this is the one?? https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0062275
    According to a "parasite stress" hypothesis, authoritarian governments are more likely to emerge in regions characterized by a high prevalence of disease-causing pathogens. Recent cross-national evidence is consistent with this hypothesis, but there are inferential limitations associated with that evidence. We report two studies that address some of these limitations, and provide further tests of the hypothesis. Study 1 revealed that parasite prevalence strongly predicted cross-national differences on measures assessing individuals' authoritarian personalities, and this effect statistically mediated the relationship between parasite prevalence and authoritarian governance. The mediation result is inconsistent with an alternative explanation for previous findings. To address further limitations associated with cross-national comparisons, Study 2 tested the parasite stress hypothesis on a sample of traditional small-scale societies (the Standard Cross-Cultural Sample). Results revealed that parasite prevalence predicted measures of authoritarian governance, and did so even when statistically controlling for other threats to human welfare. (One additional threat—famine—also uniquely predicted authoritarianism.) Together, these results further substantiate the parasite stress hypothesis of authoritarianism, and suggest that societal differences in authoritarian governance result, in part, from cultural differences in individuals' authoritarian personalities.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    What would be REALLY helpful is if he could have remembered the "mind-boggling, Nobel-prize-winning" study he mentioned. I went out to PLOS One and I'm not sure I found it.

Perhaps, this is the one?? https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0062275
    Well for years alternative doctors have been saying that at least 90% of the human and animal population of the earth has parasites maybe that is why the tyrants are getting more bold lately.