Thread: Ticket sales are moving slowly for the coming Trump-O’Reilly stadium tour

Ticket sales are moving slowly for the coming Trump-O’Reilly stadium tour

MSM report about planned rallies featuring MAGA movement leader and a disgraced poodlebag of deep neocons (O'Really):

Ticket sales are moving slowly for the coming Trump-O’Reilly stadium tour

Time remains to sell out the stadiums. But those familiar with the current sales pace say it lags behind other acts.

Former President Donald Trump speaks at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Sunday, July 11, 2021, in Dallas. | AP Photo/LM Otero

By DANIEL LIPPMAN
    07/16/2021

Donald Trump is having trouble selling advance tickets for his upcoming speaking tour with conservative pundit Bill O’Reilly, according to interviews with ticketing officials for the venues.
    Early last month, Trump and O’Reilly, the one-time top Fox News host, announced a joint “History Tour” featuring four stops in December. O’Reilly said his conversations with Trump “will not be boring,” while the former president promised “fun, fun, fun for everyone who attends.”

politico.com/news/2021/07/16/trump-oreilly-tickets-499795

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Poodlebag"?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Throw another reason on the pile we need someone else in 2024. Trump listens to the last person that was in his ear. If he is getting close to that scumbag piece of $#@! it tells you everything you need to know about Trump.

Talk about reading the room the wrong way. Trump is losing his touch in the art of the con by associating with him.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

I put this in the same venue as the Sam and Dave tour (Sammy Hagar & David Lee Roth touring together). Yawn
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Just remember who appointed Jerome Powell.

There's some things - big things - both sides always seem to agree on.

Just what I would pay money to see....

Two pathetic guys who have to pay to get laid.

I would take that as a good thing, if it were true.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They $#@!ed up by scheduling the events on the same day as butterscotch pudding day at the local assisted living facilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Careful, man. You weren't supposed to notice. Democrats aren't the only ones who know a thing or two about censorship.

O'Reilly threatened to sue Politico reporter Daniel Lippman over the article. "You put one word in there that's not true, I'll sue your ass off and you can quote me on that," he told Lippman. "You're just a hatchet man and that's what you are."
    The funny thing is, he was denying this, but his threat sounds like an admission it's all true. "I deny what he says, and if he starts lying I'll sue!"
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-17-2021 at 08:39 AM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Careful, man. You weren't supposed to notice. Democrats aren't the only ones who know a thing or two about censorship.

The funny thing is, he was denying this, but his threat sounds like an admission it's all true. "I deny what he says, and if he starts lying I'll sue!"
    I think it goes something like: censorship via lawsuit is a proud American tradition. Censorship via grassroots organization is communism.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Where is the list of venues and capacities ? This sounds suspect .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Where is the list of venues and capacities ? This sounds suspect .
    https://www.ticketmaster.com/the-his...005AC79AD11C85

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Throw another reason on the pile we need someone else in 2024. Trump listens to the last person that was in his ear. If he is getting close to that scumbag piece of $#@! it tells you everything you need to know about Trump.

Talk about reading the room the wrong way. Trump is losing his touch in the art of the con by associating with him.
    I agree with you on that one... OReilly? what a joke Trump has not learned anything what a dumb ass.
    Last edited by Working Poor; 07-17-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Throw another reason on the pile we need someone else in 2024. Trump listens to the last person that was in his ear.
    This is not a Trump-specific issue but just generally the issue with populism: there are no principles involved, just raw 'whatever the people want.'
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    This is not a Trump-specific issue but just generally the issue with populism: there are no principles involved, just raw 'whatever the people want.'
    And that's not a right wing specific issue. Jimmy Carter had the same problem.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And that's not a right wing specific issue. Jimmy Carter had the same problem.
    Yep.

Although, honestly, I'm not sure there's really any meaningful difference between right wing populism and left wing populism.
    Pinochet is the model

I'm having a hard time imagining Trump not being able to sell tickets to an event in Dallas but they are 106.00 and it is supposed to be history which I'm pretty sure Trump and most other Americans dont study a lot. We shall see. Our current president couldnt get people to turn out if he was giving out free beer and food stamps.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I'm having a hard time imagining Trump not being able to sell tickets to an event in Dallas but they are 106.00 and it is supposed to be history which I'm pretty sure Trump and most other Americans dont study a lot. We shall see. Our current president couldnt get people to turn out if he was giving out free beer and food stamps.
    If he's as rich as advertized, he should be selling 25 cent tickets instead of charging $106 for a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    If he's as rich as advertized, he should be selling 25 cent tickets instead of charging $106 for a ticket.
    Holy $#@!, well, there's your answer.

I wouldn't pay that much to see Ron Paul.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

What a reversal in political outreach/investment model if following reports are factual; former reality TV star's campaign in 2015 hired Extra Mile Casting agency that paid $50 to actors to pretend to be Trump supporters at his mini rally and now same guy is charging $106 per person to attend his stadium rally?

Extra Mile sent an email to its. client list of background actors offering $50 to attend Mr. Trump's June 16 event and "wear t-shirts and carry signs and help cheer [Mr. Trump] in support of his announcement."® Mr. Trump's campaign spokesperson has denied paying actors to attend the event; however, at least two professional actors were photographed attending Mr. Trump's campaign launch event.' Specific^ly, Domenico Del. Giacco, an actor, posted a photo to his Instagram account of himself with Courtney Klotz
    eqs.fec.gov/eqsdocsMUR/17044405282.pdf

"Donald Trump caught hiring extras for campaign launch at $50 a head" - Raw Story

Donald Trump reportedly hired actors to attend his campaign launch - New York Daily News

Transcript: 7/19/21
    So piecing all that together and then by the day after the Trump campaign launch "The Hollywood Reporter" actually got its hands on an e-mail sent out by a company called Extra Mile Casting. Extra Mile, it`s a little bit of a double entendre. This is like we`ll go the extra mile for you. But also this is a company that provides extras -- extras for photo shoots and movies and TV shows and stuff.

the day after Trump announced his presidential campaign and there was all this sort of corroborating circumstantial evidence that maybe there was something a little weird and artificial about the crowd, the "Hollywood Reporter" did obtain an e-mail sent from that company, the Extra Mile. An e-mail blast sent out to their list of actors, their list of potential extras who they hire for all sorts of different gigs.

It said: Hi there. We`re working with our associates at Gotham Government Relations. We`re working with them on a big event happening Tuesday, June 16th. This is an event in support of Donald Trump and an upcoming exciting announcement he`ll be making at this event. The event will be televised.
    That`s an important thing for people who are considering extras gigs.
    We`re looking to cast people for the event to wear t-shirts and carry signs and help cheer him in support of his announcement.
    The e-mail continued, this is great: we understand that this is not a traditional background job. Meaning it`s not the traditional acting job we`d usually be hiring you for as an extra.
    They say, quote, but we believe acting comes in all forms, and this is inclusive of that school of thought. The event is happening live and will be from 8:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Then in all caps, that`s less than 3 hours.
    A politician paying fake supporters to pretend to be there in support of his candidacy? That`s crazy.
    And the Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski denied it in the most uncompromising terms.
    He said: Mr. Trump draws record crowds at almost every event at which he is a featured speaker. The crowds are often large, often record setting, and enthusiastic, often with standing ovations.
    He said, quote: It is just not true, unequivocally. The Donald Trump campaign and Donald Trump did not pay anybody to attend his announcement.

That was Trump`s campaign manager in 2015 when we first covered that story, and they screamed bloody murder. Boy, did we get a raft of shazizzle for our coverage of that story.
    Now that same Trump campaign manager admits that actually the story was true. The same Trump campaign manager telling "Business Insider" that it really was, quote, $50 for every person to come in to stand in Trump Tower.
    Ah, now they admit it.
    msnbc.com/transcripts/transcript-rachel-maddow-show-7-19-21-n1274462

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Yea it would be pretty high ticket price for "stadium tour" where grassroots and regular supporters tend to go.

Such a "rally profiteering" for a prospective future Presidential candidate is unheard of... even if "inaugural fund profiteering" might not be:

Trump claims he will declassify the 28 pages
    03-18-2016

Political activity
    Barrack endorsed Donald Trump during the 2016 United States presidential election.[39] He was a major fundraiser for Trump's campaign through the "Rebuilding America Now" Super PAC, which raised $23 million.

Barrack recommended that Trump hire Paul Manafort as his campaign manager. Barrack first met Manafort in the 1970s when they were both working for Saudis and living in Beirut;[20] In 2007, Barrack had loaned Manafort $1.5 million to refinance a home in the Hamptons.
    On May 26, Barrack wrote to Otaiba to introduce Jared Kushner, and the two met later that month.[20] On July 13, Barrack conveyed to Otaiba that Trump had removed from the Republican Party platform the plank calling for the release of the 28 pages of redacted information from the 9/11 report.[20] On July 21, Barrack spoke at the 2016 Republican National Convention.

In September 2016, Barrack helped set up a meeting between Trump and the Emir of Qatar in Trump Tower, although, as Kilpatrick noted, none of the investments brought in from the gulf by Mr. Barrack's firm in the two years following that meeting came from Qatar.[20] After Trump became president, Barrack continued to act as a middleman between him and Arab princes.

Barrack served as chairman of the committee overseeing the 2017 Trump inauguration, for which he raised over $100 million, doubling the previous record.[18] Barrack hired Rick Gates, first to help run the inauguration and, following that, as a consultant for his company. Gates was fired from the latter position in October 2017, the day he was indicted.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    What a reversal in political outreach/investment model if following reports are factual; former reality TV star's campaign in 2015 hired Extra Mile Casting agency that paid $50 to actors to pretend to be Trump supporters at his mini rally and now same guy is charging $106 per person to attend his stadium rally?

eqs.fec.gov/eqsdocsMUR/17044405282.pdf

"Donald Trump caught hiring extras for campaign launch at $50 a head" - Raw Story

Donald Trump reportedly hired actors to attend his campaign launch - New York Daily News

Transcript: 7/19/21

msnbc.com/transcripts/transcript-rachel-maddow-show-7-19-21-n1274462

Yea it would be pretty high ticket price for "stadium tour" where grassroots and regular supporters tend to go.

Such a "rally profiteering" for a prospective future Presidential candidate is unheard of... even if "inaugural fund profiteering" might not be:

Trump claims he will declassify the 28 pages
    03-18-2016
    It's the Hollywood formula for manufacturing popularity. Fake, paid early crowds to create the appearance of popularity and enthusiasm, which is then broadcast far and wide via media outlets and online shill operations. It's been in use since at least the Beatles intro and is still in use today. For really big deals like Presidents, they're given widespread media attention long before they even announce as a candidate (ahem, DeSantis), like The Apprentice. In other words, they're engineered into the position. I remember when threads about Trump's very early rallies were breathlessly posted on other forums, complete with doctored photos and obvious flat out lies about attendance numbers. I also remember being banned for posting in those threads about the obvious lies...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Yeah, as soon as he added O'Reilly on, he lost me.

He should of invited Rand.
    FJB

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I know it seems crazy but i bet that is typical of bill , they probably have to sell out at that for him to get a cut he'll take .Anybody know what Beck & bill used to charge for these things when Obummer was in ? Probably close to that.
    Do something Danke

Maybe Donald's real friends will show up to show support.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    It's the Hollywood formula for manufacturing popularity. Fake, paid early crowds to create the appearance of popularity and enthusiasm, which is then broadcast far and wide via media outlets and online shill operations. It's been in use since at least the Beatles intro and is still in use today. For really big deals like Presidents, they're given widespread media attention long before they even announce as a candidate (ahem, DeSantis), like The Apprentice. In other words, they're engineered into the position. I remember when threads about Trump's very early rallies were breathlessly posted on other forums, complete with doctored photos and obvious flat out lies about attendance numbers. I also remember being banned for posting in those threads about the obvious lies...

Comments like this can ruin some media biz models and many media livelihoods, good thing such views are not common.
    If this report is confirmed, only one actor with both hands raised is earning it, all the rest seem pretty low energy.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Maybe Donald's real friends will show up to show support.

I dunno, one of the vocal pro-MAGA group "Proud Boys" ditched MAGA before start of pride month this year if recall news correctly.

It is like everything. They create a fake following, people see popular and are attracted to it like a bug to a light.

People wake up to fads. It is long over due for people to wake up to the most recent charlatans and move on to the next. Time to fill that the void boys. Otherwise you are going to be stuck with the current ones that are going to take your gun rights and all else incrementally again this next cycle. Time is running out.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

removed
    Last edited by kahless; 07-24-2021 at 01:59 AM.

It is like everything. They create a fake following, people see popular and are attracted to it like a bug to a light.

People wake up to fads. It is long over due for people to wake up to the most recent charlatans and move on to the next. Time to fill that the void boys. Otherwise you are going to be stuck with the current ones that are going to take your gun rights and all else incrementally again this next cycle. Time is running out.
    Politics has become less about substance, beliefs and mostly about marketing & public relationing ; US Presidential election is literally "big business" for deep pockets to run.