Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secession has traction

Thumbs up Secession has traction

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/sh...united-states/

66% of Republicans in the South favor secession. Other regions in the nation also favor it, 47% of Democrats in the West favor the idea. I'm all for this idea. We can live in our separate regions and form a regional alliances with other regions.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good. Let's get it on
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I've been talking about it to everyone I know when discussing a subject that can lead to secession (you gotta be patient and crafty with people in these conversations).
    To be honest, the results so far have been surprising. Most of the people I've brought it up to have been "right" leaning, though. They seem indifferent to the idea at worst, and for the idea at best. A lot of people are completely disenfranchised with the existing system, I think a lot of people know that it has failed, while others think it's in the process of failing.

Personally, Oklahoma is in a peculiar position with the tribe decision by the supreme court last year. I had hoped for years that TX and OK can split off with maybe AR and LA to make a "south central" country (because let's be honest, there's going to likely be all kinds of regional countries if this were to happen). Just know that in the final death throes of the U.S. empire, they will declare war on any seceding states if the states even get that far (I doubt any will try to be honest - they can't imagine life without the mothership). It will become violent before anything can be done. There will be bloodshed because the U.S. has turned into an entity of evil, they will not let go of what they have.

And remember, after the 2016 elections, left coast Dems were cheering for the idea to secede... I'm surprised to see 47% still want to now that they have one of their goons in the WH.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

This is a step in the right direction, but would need to go further down to county by county regions. The smaller regions, and smaller percentage of people being represented as possible is really the only way to go forward that at least has a chance to slow down collectivism if not stop it. Any and all kind of fiat currency has to be ruled out as it's too easily manipulated. To say it shortly, nothing short of a cataclysmic event that resets humanity could get us there from where we find ourselves now. And they say God doesn't have a sense of humor.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

If the map they drew had even a tiny bit of sense to it, those numbers could be higher. Oklahoma and Texas uniting with the Deep South? Unlikely.

If and when the country fractures, the Mississippi will become a national border. I guarantee it. I don't know what Ivory tower these people are hiding in, that they can't see that. Or was this poll designed around impossible alliances to downplay the population's growing sense of alienation from Washington? If so, no wonder it's not getting mainstream coverage. Even the skewed data is telling the head psychos in charge to get stuffed.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-15-2021 at 07:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I believe support in the south is high out of ignorance that federal funding significantly comes from blue state tax dollars and would be unsustainable without them. Once the news media reports that and without these people being placated with a solution to that, support will die.

* See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Good.

Interesting to note the 40 percent democrat approval in the northeast.

About damn time.

Separate or Die.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I believe support in the south is high out of ignorance that federal funding significantly comes from blue state tax dollars and would be unsustainable without them. Once the news media reports that and without these people being placated with a solution to that, support will die.
    You are poor ass numbnuts who can't survive without our charity is a message that might play in some places. West of the Mississippi, however, the general feeling is, Washington overtaxes the hell out of us, and we're tired of jumping through hoops to get some of our own money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Good.

About damn time.

Separate or Die.
    I hope you realize they're talking about taking you with them.

They're talking about divorcing from the Breadbasket of the World. You know. The people who ship them their wheat. They'll be keeping you. They want you to starve along with them.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-15-2021 at 07:59 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I disagree with you about the significance of that.

Suppose you and I were in an arrangement where you had to give me $250 a month in cash money that you would otherwise be able to spend however you want, and in exchange I would give you a set of goods and services of my choice, whose prices add up to $400 per month. In addition there are other strings attached allowing me to regulate how you live your life outside of just the use of that $400.

You have an opportunity to get out of that arrangement, and keep your smaller amount of money to spend how you want, rather than getting the larger amount of money spent the way I decide to spend it.

Would the fact that $400 is greater than $250 really be a decisive factor to make you want to stay in an arrangement like that?
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 07-15-2021 at 08:00 AM.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    This is a step in the right direction, but would need to go further down to county by county regions. The smaller regions, and smaller percentage of people being represented as possible is really the only way to go forward that at least has a chance to slow down collectivism if not stop it. Any and all kind of fiat currency has to be ruled out as it's too easily manipulated. To say it shortly, nothing short of a cataclysmic event that resets humanity could get us there from where we find ourselves now. And they say God doesn't have a sense of humor.
    The dream of anarchy will be achieved when secession at an individual level is allowed.

For now, we have to settle for baby steps such as states being able to secede, hopefully without rivers of blood to pay for it
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You are poor ass numbnuts who can't survive without our charity is a message that might play in some places. West of the Mississippi, however, the general feeling is, Washington overtaxes the hell out of us, and we're tired of jumping through hoops to get some of our own money back.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to acptulsa again.
    - Kim Kardashian

I hope you realize they're talking about taking you with them.

They're talking about divorcing from the Breadbasket of the World. You know. The people who ship them their wheat. They'll be keeping you. They want you to starve along with them.
    Yep AF is $#@!ed.

"Live free or die" will soon be taking on an entirely new meaning.
    - Kim Kardashian

The sooner, the better.

i dont want to be part of a region , southern Indiana suits me.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    i dont want to be part of a region , southern Indiana suits me.
    My advice is, saw it off, float it down the Ohio to the Mississippi, and moor it to Missouri.

Guess I better get moving, no way I'm getting stuck in the Northeast. I think most FSPers will be in the same boat...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    I disagree with you about the significance of that.

Suppose you and I were in an arrangement where you had to give me $250 a month in cash money that you would otherwise be able to spend however you want, and in exchange I would give you a set of goods and services of my choice, whose prices add up to $400 per month. In addition there are other strings attached allowing me to regulate how you live your life outside of just the use of that $400.

You have an opportunity to get out of that arrangement, and keep your smaller amount of money to spend how you want, rather than getting the larger amount of money spent the way I decide to spend it.

Would the fact that $400 is greater than $250 really be a decisive factor to make you want to stay in an arrangement like that?
    It will all depend on whomever the charismatic leader is at the time and how they are selling it. If it comes down to regions breaking up like this there will be plenty of charlatans coming forward to play the leader role for the easily played. That can go either way.

Many of them Trump supporters will only hear they are losing their food stamps, Medicare or their social security, which are valid concerns. There will be allot of opposition from all avenues including other charismatic charlatans on left and maybe even Trump trying to be some savior to keep the nation together. Spinning himself to be a modern day Lincoln, but for the South this time. These people will eat it up and give up the chance at individual liberty for some bull$#@! patriotism love for Trump or some other charlatan.

To sell it needs to be made as simple as possible and come with hats, t-shirts and slogans. The masses are like adult children they need some love to latch onto, a feeling on inclusion, part of a team (us against them) and feel tough about it. Facts will not matter, it will be all about marketing for it too succeed. Sad by true.
    Last edited by kahless; 07-15-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Canada is coming unglued.

What I hope for is secession of Quebec, followed by the Dominion Provinces, Labrador, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick.

Maine, New Hampshire and possibly Vermont are more closely allied with these provinces, that only joined the Canadian federation in 1956.

And northern New England is not Mass, or NYC or DC.

I could see all these states joining in a North Atlantic Free Republic or some such.

Canada is coming unglued.

What I hope for is secession of Quebec, followed by the Dominion Provinces, Labrador, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick.

Maine, New Hampshire and possibly Vermont are more closely allied with these provinces, that only joined the Canadian federation in 1956.

I could see all these states joining in a North Atlantic Free Republic or some such.
    For gun owners that might be a bad thing if Maine, New Hampshire and possibly Vermont ended up in some Canadian federation rather than grouped on their own.
    Last edited by kahless; 07-15-2021 at 11:02 AM.

As I recall, there is precedent for Maine telling Taxachusetts to go to hell.

Will we all still be friends if secession happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Will we all still be friends if secession happens?
    If we can still communicate.

So YouGov in conjunction with BrightLineWatch did a poll, and defined the new divided U.S. Why does this remind me of a retro scifi alternate history novel I read wherein Britain succeeded in dividing us (a thing they did often try to do)?

Is this a push poll?

Those borders aren't natural. I think @Anti Federalist is right about upper New England. And I also see no reason Oklahomans could possibly desire to divide from Kansas and Missouri, or give up our tiny New Mexico border. We certainly wouldn't even consider making that sacrifice for some mythical love of Alabama.

I see the Intermountain West, what they call "Mountain", extending to the Mississippi. And I'd put money on Alaska wanting to join. And of course, Canadian provinces are never included in these scenarios.

The NCAA is composed of universities, an obvious tool. They keep trying to arrange it so the Corn Huskers don't play the Sooners any more. That doesn't hardly prove there's a conspiracy afoot to divide and conquer the Breadbasket of the World. But it's a pattern.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-15-2021 at 12:28 PM.

For gun owners that might be a bad thing if Maine, New Hampshire and possibly Vermont ended up in some Canadian federation rather than grouped on their own.
    In my scenario, Canada, east of Quebec, has ceased to be.

Hardscrabble Newfies are are not Ottowa or Toronto Marxists.

Particularly not on the Spiekne’katik rez.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Canuck-a-stan

45 churches engulfed or attacked in ongoing anti-Christian terror campaign

https://www.thecountersignal.com/new...rches-attacked

Terrorists are attacking and burning down churches across Canada with impunity.

It’s a reality most Canadians only thought possible for Middle Eastern countries like Syria, where ISIS has bombarded and razed dozens of Christian heritage sites in the name of Islam.

Now, after nearly six years of Liberals calling Canadians racist and fanning the flames of hatred, hate crimes are becoming commonplace against Christians in Canada. Things have gotten so bad that even our American neighbours are beginning to worry.

Rightly so.

The Counter Signal has kept a close eye on these terrorist attacks, reporting on the scene just hours after a fire in a refugee church.

Our information shows that since June, there have been 45 attacks on Christian and mainly Roman Catholic congregations. Of those, 17 of them have been scorched or burnt to a crisp in suspicious circumstances.

The fires and vandalism span six provinces and the Northwest Territories, some of which have been in the heartland of First Nations’ territory.

Churches serving Indigneous congregations like Saint kateri Tekakwitha on Spiekne’katik First Nations territory in Nova Scotia have not been spared the ire of the far-left terror campaign.

In fact, unlike the fake Catholic, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who sympathizes with the terrorists, First Nations elders and former residential school survivors have been some of the loudest voices calling for the attacks to end.

“There’s not many places on Siksika that you can point to that aren’t sacred. If anybody feels like they can come on the Siksika Nation and do any kind of damage or vandalism, they will be under surveillance,” said Chief of Siksika Nation Ouray Crowfoot on July 2.

This unprecedented anti-Catholic assault began soon after the unveiling of a residential school burial site in Kamloops, BC which was then followed by more unmarked grave discoveries at a former residential school site in Saskatchewan and elsewhere.

While the mainstream media refuses to call it what it is – a terror campaign – Christians are being forced to defend themselves or hire private security just to protect their holy places of worship.

The sole purpose of this full-fledged assault is to strike fear in ordinary Canadians who simply want to practice their faiths. Far-left shock troops are using First Nations tragedies to advance their political goals and normalize violence against Canadians.

Despite the deflection by the Liberal media corps, people are waking up to the hateful Marxist ideology shared by these terrorists and egged on by Canada’s progressive elites, and fortunately, more evidence is being uncovered to identify these terrorists and bring them to justice.

As I reported a few weeks ago, investigators found that the fire which burnt down the entire town of Lytton, BC was caused by a human. Now, new footage is beginning to surface revealing what everybody already realized – mostly white far-left radicals are behind these incidents.

Video footage by residents from West Kelowna recently captured a masked man tossing burning objects into the dry bush. While police have arrested the 36-year-old man responsible, they are protecting his identity.

Another video from July 2, shows two young women, one blonde and the other brunette splattering St Jude’s Parish in Vancouver with orange paint.

The truth is coming out and it's time for Canadians to demand justice and an end to the terror.
    Saskatchewan and parts of BC? Hey, Alaska. We'll turn the Alaska Highway into an Interstate.

Food and oil. "Mountain" just turned into a superpower.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-15-2021 at 01:08 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can't find the survey crosstabs.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Can't find the survey crosstabs.
    Yeah. That too. How many of who are they polling? How did they word it? Did they all see the whole map?

Good.

About damn time.

Separate or Die.
    It appears that Democrats want to go when they're the majority and Republicans want to go when they're the majority. South, GOP majority, wants to go. Northeast and West, Dem majority, wants to go.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    It appears that Democrats want to go when they're the majority and Republicans want to go when they're the majority. South, GOP majority, wants to go. Northeast and West, Dem majority, wants to go.
    That makes sense. The people who want to secede are the ones who are in the group that would be most likely to make the rules in their new country. The people who aren't in the majority there don't want to secede because they're afraid of the kind of country the majority would make those states into after secession.

And this reasoning works the same in both blue states and red states.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    That makes sense. The people who want to secede are the ones who are in the group that would be most likely to make the rules in their new country. The people who aren't in the majority there don't want to secede because they're afraid of the kind of country the majority would make those states into after secession.

And this reasoning works the same in both blue states and red states.
    It'll all boil down to food in the end and the cities can't feed themselves.

The powers that be and most of the left will never allow it peacefully.
    It might be a good thing to try for but be prepared for another secession war if it begins to happen.

When the left starts the war they will forfeit their claim to any territory and we will expel them rather than divide the country.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast