Thread: Dr. Rand Paul Sends Letter to the NSA Demanding an Investigation

Dr. Rand Paul Sends Letter to the NSA Demanding an Investigation

Dr. Rand Paul Sends Letter to the NSA Demanding an Investigation on the Spying and Unmasking of Tucker Carlson

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Last week, U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) sent a letter to Gen. Paul M. Nakasone, Director of the National Security Agency, demanding that he investigate the National Security Agency’s (NSA) alleged spying and unmasking of Tucker Carlson, as well as any leaks of his private emails from the NSA to other reporters.

“Mr. Carlson is a journalist, who currently hosts the popular news program Tucker Carlson Tonight, and as such he is to be afforded the freedom of the press protections guaranteed by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution,” said Dr. Paul. “As you are undoubtedly aware, Mr. Carlson recently alleged on his television show that the NSA not only read his private emails relating to his attempt to interview Russian President Vladimir Putin, but also that the NSA unmasked his identity and leaked his private emails, which identified him by name, to others in the press.”

“I am open-minded enough to believe, if given convincing evidence, that the NSA may be telling the truth, but when a long train of abuses conducted by the NSA evinces a consistent design to evade the law and violate the constitutionally-protected liberties of the people, the NSA must do more than tweet a carefully worded denial to be trusted. As the head of the NSA, you can help restore credibility to your agency by being completely honest with the American people and explaining in detail whether the NSA conducted surveillance on Tucker Carlson in his role as a journalist, whether you or anyone else within the federal government approved his alleged unmasking, and whether Mr. Carlson’s private emails were shared with any other reporters or news organizations,” said Dr. Paul.

You can read the full letter HERE.
    https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/dr-...tucker-carlson
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/KelleyAshbyPaul/...11131440582661
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/YALiberty/status...53282824372228

Best.
    Senator.
    Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I suppose as a pro forma matter, the letter is the right move. I hope neither Rand Paul nor anyone else for that matter will for the least split of a second believe anything NSA has to say, short of a full and liberty-ending confession from the guilty.

Perhaps it cannot be done as a matter of Law, but what should have happened was a large armed contingent marched into NSA, every employee save a select few, booted out of the buildings, and an army of grim-faced forensic auditors and other investigators marched in and set to finding the real truth. When found, the guilty parties up to and including the Director are tried, convicted, and put to death - no appeals.

This is the only way to stop Themme in their tracks. The costs of corruption must outweigh its rewards by so vast a margin that no man possessing an IQ would ever consider the wrong path, no matter how well rationalized the sales pitch made to him.

Until we start taking the instruments of government to the woodshed in a serious and mostly fatal fashion, we shall continue on our merry way down the death spiral.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Perhaps it cannot be done as a matter of Law, but what should have happened was a large armed contingent marched into NSA, every employee save a select few, booted out of the buildings, and an army of grim-faced forensic auditors and other investigators marched in and set to finding the real truth.
    I'm pretty sure that much could be done, but only by the president.

I'd vigorously support an amendment that would allow any elected member of either the House or Senate to order up such an audit of any bureau at any time. And when detractors pointed out that such an amendment could leave the federal government incapable of action, I'd smile and say, "Yes."
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Ahhh such short memories people have. Anybody remember that it was the MSNBC scripted version of Tucker who torpedoed Ron's 2008 campaign with the newsletter junk the day before Iowa caucus? But now he reads scripts from Fox News instead and is suddenly an amazing ally.....lol. Yet here's Rand going to bat for the guy who sunk his dad's campaign. Ahh politics

I admit I haven't followed this particular story (stopped taking seriously the words of multi-millionaire MSM script readers a while back) but how does a national media figure become "unmasked", exactly? I'd kinda like to see more publicizing of MSM mouthpieces "private" emails, not less.

And someone should let Rand know that the NSA works directly for the Brit bankers and is tasked with keeping Americans surveilled, controlled and firmly on this crown colony plantation. Don't expect much help from them....
    Last edited by devil21; 07-15-2021 at 09:37 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Ahhh such short memories people have. Anybody remember that it was the MSNBC scripted version of Tucker who torpedoed Ron's 2008 campaign with the newsletter junk the day before Iowa caucus? But now he reads scripts from Fox News instead and is suddenly an amazing ally.....lol. Yet here's Rand going to bat for the guy who sunk his dad's campaign. Ahh politics
    Ah, yes. The guy who agreed to host the Rally for the Republic, then walked out on it. The guy who said (and did) this...

I wasn't planning on showing up at Paul's press conference with a bordello owner and two hookers, but unexpected things happen on the road.

I'd arrived with the campaign at the Best Western Airport Plaza Hotel in Reno at two in the morning the night before, and, at some point while I was sleeping, the power in the hotel went out, disabling my alarm. By the time I woke up, Paul and his staff had left. So I called Dennis for a ride. He was there in ten minutes, in an enormous stretch limo with a BunnyRanch logo on the side. He'd brought two of his girls, Brooke and Air Force Amy, as well as his driver, a middle-aged man in a cowboy hat and Western wear. It was a conspicuous group.
    Nah, I wasn't trying to destroy the man's optics. I wasn't trying to convince GOP primary voters that libertarian is based on the word libertine. I just couldn't find a cab in a tourist trap of a city, that's all.

Well, if Rand Paul can use a weasel to do something good, I say great!
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-15-2021 at 09:56 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ahhh such short memories people have. Anybody remember that it was the MSNBC scripted version of Tucker who torpedoed Ron's 2008 campaign with the newsletter junk the day before Iowa caucus? But now he reads scripts from Fox News instead and is suddenly an amazing ally.....lol.
    To be fair, the script he reads for Fox also doesn't have him as our ally. He's been more of a Donald Trump/Elizabeth Warren type.
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...mp-at-his-best

Honestly, if anything he was more of an ally in 2007-2008.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Tucker on Friday at 6:45pm. Tune in if you can!
    I think his handlers/bosses saw this Q3 news coming and put Tucker in his place in advance.

I’m sure that both Ron and Rand know and remember much more than either of us, and they both seem to be accepting of Tucker today. Yes, that incident was very unfortunate. Tucker had a hardcore neocon shill come on to smear Ron. Why? It would be very interesting to hear Tucker candidly tell the story today.

My take is that Tucker was one of the only media figures giving Ron positive coverage and airtime in 2007, while working for MSNBC. The more traction that Ron got, the more pressure that Tucker was put under to not be so supportive. By the time of that unfortunate interview, Tucker was probably given a choice, do the smear or get fired. He did the smear, and then they fired him anyway. He probably learned something from that. He probably wouldn’t want to talk about it publicly, but it would be interesting to hear him talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I’m sure that both Ron and Rand know and remember much more than either of us, and they both seem to be accepting of Tucker today. Yes, that incident was very unfortunate. Tucker had a hardcore neocon shill come on to smear Ron. Why? It would be very interesting to hear Tucker candidly tell the story today.

My take is that Tucker was one of the only media figures giving Ron positive coverage and airtime in 2007, while working for MSNBC. The more traction that Ron got, the more pressure that Tucker was put under to not be so supportive. By the time of that unfortunate interview, Tucker was probably given a choice, do the smear or get fired. He did the smear, and then they fired him anyway. He probably learned something from that. He probably wouldn’t want to talk about it publicly, but it would be interesting to hear him talk about it.
    My quotes from way back then was a nice touch. I'm rather embarrassed by how naive I was back then but live and learn, I guess.

Now, Tucker works for:

Any way, the irony is that in this political climate the newsletter thing would cause hordes of GOP Trumper types to declare Ron the greatest candidate ever and he'd sweep every nominating contest. I'm always amazed at the media's ability to mind control people back and forth like little puppets dancing on strings.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-15-2021 at 04:45 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book