Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 47

Thread: Did Ron Paul Actually Do Anything?

  1. #1

    Did Ron Paul Actually Do Anything?

    Full disclaimer, the guy is my hero. I do feel like his 2012 campaign and his followers woke me up, truly. My entire paradigm on life changed whenever I learned about this guy and the liberty movement. I am thankful for that.

    So, I want to pose this question: did he really do anything? The reason I'm bringing it up is there's increasing chatter within some libertarian spheres (starting with Matt Erickson who is starting up his "Kingpilled" podcast and is encouraging libertarians to put politics down and focus on becoming wealthy instead. This, he argues, will then make us more powerful and influential) that Ron Paul really didn't do much in the grand scheme. Liberty, for all intents and purposes, hasn't advanced (at least not nationally). Ron Paul himself never had any legislation passed, and what was the point in waking millions up only for them to become so disenfranchised with the system that they may as well be asleep again?

    When I first hear this premise, I of course yelled blasphemy. But, I thought about it. And I'm honestly not sure the premise itself is wrong when examined from "look at how far liberty has eroded since 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, etc. What did he truly do that has had consequence?

    And to be fair, I don't think it's a direct indictment against him as much as it is some of us followers who put him and others on pedestals.

    Just curious to hear what others think of this.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Full disclaimer, the guy is my hero. I do feel like his 2012 campaign and his followers woke me up, truly. My entire paradigm on life changed whenever I learned about this guy and the liberty movement. I am thankful for that.

    So, I want to pose this question: did he really do anything? The reason I'm bringing it up is there's increasing chatter within some libertarian spheres (starting with Matt Erickson who is starting up his "Kingpilled" podcast and is encouraging libertarians to put politics down and focus on becoming wealthy instead. This, he argues, will then make us more powerful and influential) that Ron Paul really didn't do much in the grand scheme. Liberty, for all intents and purposes, hasn't advanced (at least not nationally). Ron Paul himself never had any legislation passed, and what was the point in waking millions up only for them to become so disenfranchised with the system that they may as well be asleep again?

    When I first hear this premise, I of course yelled blasphemy. But, I thought about it. And I'm honestly not sure the premise itself is wrong when examined from "look at how far liberty has eroded since 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, etc. What did he truly do that has had consequence?

    And to be fair, I don't think it's a direct indictment against him as much as it is some of us followers who put him and others on pedestals.

    Just curious to hear what others think of this.
    It's not about what Ron Paul DIDN'T do, it is about what Americans failed to do. You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

    Deep state oligarchs knee-capped him. What you gonna do?

    He served his time in Congress and served it well. He elevated his ideals during the 2008/2012 POTUS run.

    He's always in my thoughts. So there is that. Other than that I can't say.

    $#@!s going to $#@! real quick and it ain't got time for Ron Paul. It seems.

  4. #3
    You don't think the conservative movement has moved in a more libertarian direction in some ways?

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    You don't think the conservative movement has moved in a more libertarian direction in some ways?
    I listen to the Limbaugh replacements. Clay Travis and Buck Sexton. They mentioned Ron today. Talked bout even Ron supported going into Afghanistan after Osama. So he who is not to be mentioned was mentioned. They didn't say he was calling for removal as early as 2011. But, it is what it is. And the duo was asking for vets to call with what they thought. The majority said troops should have been home long ago. A few said we needed to stay longer. At least just to have a developed drawdown. Most that agreed with removal said Biden didn't run it right. Like a major munitions depot falling into Taliban hands. Most said Trump had it right and would have withdrawn in a positive manner. Under Biden it is coming out like the fall of Saigon.

  6. #5
    $#@!, my sweet cheeks had to come up with $2k for her son, on his return, for "missing equipment." It was either pay it or re-enlist. All the trivial "missing equipment" was stolen by Iraqis. We're not talking guns and munitions here. Trivial $#@! at inflated Fed. Gov. value.
    Thanks for your service, son, and $#@! you!

  7. #6

    Yes.

    Of course he did. He kept an idea alive, spread it far and wide. He inspired, educated and caused people to hope. As bad as things are, without him, the country would be in even worse shape and the world an uglier place.

  8. #7
    If it weren't for Ron Paul, things would be much worse right now.

    That doesn't even get into the fact that he helped launch his son's Senate campaign.. Rand has done quite a bit. He is the one grilling Fauci on the lab leak, masks, immunity, etc.. The full list of what he accomplished is pretty long.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    You don't think the conservative movement has moved in a more libertarian direction in some ways?
    I'm honestly not sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Of course he did. He kept an idea alive, spread it far and wide. He inspired, educated and caused people to hope. As bad as things are, without him, the country would be in even worse shape and the world an uglier place.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If it weren't for Ron Paul, things would be much worse right now.

    That doesn't even get into the fact that he helped launch his son's Senate campaign.. Rand has done quite a bit. He is the one grilling Fauci on the lab leak, masks, immunity, etc.. The full list of what he accomplished is pretty long.
    How do we know this? How do we know things would be worse than they already are?
    What Rand really done, though? What has grilling Fauci done? Fauci is still in his position of power and has a cult following that contains half of the country...

    I'm just trying to pick these things apart so I can fully understand everything around it.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    How do we know this? How do we know things would be worse than they already are?
    What Rand really done, though? What has grilling Fauci done? Fauci is still in his position of power and has a cult following that contains half of the country...

    I'm just trying to pick these things apart so I can fully understand everything around it.
    Your idea of "making things better" seems to be conditioned on winning.

    There are people in this country who are disenfranchised, and they are being represented by a small minority of people who have the power to affect change.

    Ron Paul is the reason why there are so many disaffected, disenfranchised citizens and also a big part of the reason why there are a small minority of people who have the power to affect change.

    That doesn't mean we win, but at least it means we get to fight.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ron Paul is the reason why there are so many disaffected, disenfranchised citizens and also a big part of the reason why there are a small minority of people who have the power to affect change.
    Ha! I'd be inclined to blame those things on people like Soros, the Clintons, Rupert Murdoch. Ron Paul didn't disenfranchise anyone, nor did he limit the power of the populace. I'm not sure what you're getting at. Do you?

    Somebody laughed at the emperor and said, "You're buck naked!" The press ignored him but word got around anyway. Ron Paul not only set brush fires, but showed us what healthy crops we can grow once the weeds are burned away.

    Was that helpful? Will it be helpful? Time will tell. Yamamoto's sleeping giant hasn't even finished its coffee yet.
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

    "All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Ha! I'd be inclined to blame those things on people like Soros, the Clintons, Rupert Murdoch. Ron Paul didn't disenfranchise anyone, nor did he limit the power of the populace. I'm not sure what you're getting at. Do you?
    Ron Paul educated and exposed more people to these ideas and these people, he was trying to create disenfranchised people against the system. It worked.

    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Somebody laughed at the emperor and said, "You're buck naked!" The press ignored him but word got around anyway. Ron Paul not only set brush fires, but showed us what healthy crops we can grow once the weeds are burned away.

    Was that helpful? Will it be helpful? Time will tell. Yamamoto's sleeping giant hasn't even finished its coffee yet.
    Pretty much what I said.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  14. #12

    Lightbulb

    Yes and no....

    Ron energized and inspired hundreds of thousand of people across the country. Out of that many political careers were launched including members of Congress like Amash, Thomas Massie, and even Rand. Not to mention the countless Ron Paul supporters who either ran for or now occupy state and local offices that we don't even know about. Or the people who joined the GOP and put it on a different trajectory than it was previously on prior to the Bush years.

    Unfortunately Ron only wanted to "educate" people and that does not directly change much. Educators and people who inspire are a necessary part of any political movement, but without political power education is pointless. Knowing how bad the Fed is doesn't mean anything if we are unable or unwilling to do anything to change it. And on the other side of that gaining political power just for the sake of gaining political power is pointless too. In addition to a political effort there has to be an intellectual and/or philosophical foundation and that is what Ron brought to the forefront.

    Legislatively, since Ron was unwilling to organize politically, he was never able to get anything done until the very end when he got some people on board who were willing to, and knew how to, organize politically on his behalf. Thus Campaign for Liberty. And for the first time Audit the Fed passed the House and came very near to passing the Senate too.

    I suspect that a similar effort may be happening again in the next few years due to the inflation that is happening and will continue for the foreseeable future.

    So yes, Ron did accomplish some things, and a lot of ancillary benefits resulted from his efforts. However if he had been willing to politically organize much sooner, he would have gotten a lot farther.

    Just my observation from a guy who has had a front row seat to this and been involved hands on with it for much of the last 14 years.
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 07-11-2021 at 03:09 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  15. #13
    Without Ron Paul we would not have forums like this where his supporters come together and argue about where he stands on different issues.

    On a little more serious note, I agree with Phil. It's more on the American people. The only critique I can give Ron Paul is that he was wrong when he said that freedom is popular
    ...

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Of course he did. He kept an idea alive, spread it far and wide. He inspired, educated and caused people to hope. As bad as things are, without him, the country would be in even worse shape and the world an uglier place.
    = John 6:38,39

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Your idea of "making things better" seems to be conditioned on winning.

    There are people in this country who are disenfranchised, and they are being represented by a small minority of people who have the power to affect change.

    Ron Paul is the reason why there are so many disaffected, disenfranchised citizens and also a big part of the reason why there are a small minority of people who have the power to affect change.

    That doesn't mean we win, but at least it means we get to fight.
    In the scheme of politics, winning is everything. So yes, under that lens, having one Rand, one Amash, and one Massie in a [Federal] Congress of 435+ over the last 10+ years doesn't do much in that realm.
    Yes, there are people who are disenfranchised and I'd argue half of them went back to that slumber after 2012. So... what good are they doing besides being disenfranchised? To me, this is not a thing to celebrate, per se. I think I understand your point that there were these millions of folks who woke up for Ron, saw the system for what it is (like I did after 2012) and walked away. But these people (like me) aren't doing anything, aren't in positions to effect change beyond our homes (and perhaps that's honestly the best place for all of us to start anyway), and we all continue to be ruled by the mob and deep state.

    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Without Ron Paul we would not have forums like this where his supporters come together and argue about where he stands on different issues.

    On a little more serious note, I agree with Phil. It's more on the American people. The only critique I can give Ron Paul is that he was wrong when he said that freedom is popular
    Ok, I get that. So here's my next question: what good does this forum do? How many active people are there anymore? 200? What does this forum do to advance liberty? To me, this forum is like the local bar - I come here to drown away my sorrows with like minded individuals. There's not enough of us left (it seems to me) for us to mount campaigns (political or educational) and get our ideas not only out there for the people (and as you said, freedom is NOT popular), but enacted to benefit people like us.



    So far, thanks to all of the responses. To reiterate, these ideas were not originally mine and they were setting off some storms on the Interwebs within our spheres. I understand both camps on this debate and to be honest, the responses here (so far) kind of reinforce the points Matt Erickson is making: moral victories ultimately mean nothing and we need to stop worshiping idols like Ron Paul, who at the end of the day, didn't actual do much that was measurable. And that's not necessarily Ron's fault - that's our fault; the people's fault.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Ok, I get that. So here's my next question: what good does this forum do? How many active people are there anymore? 200? What does this forum do to advance liberty? To me, this forum is like the local bar - I come here to drown away my sorrows with like minded individuals. There's not enough of us left (it seems to me) for us to mount campaigns (political or educational) and get our ideas not only out there for the people (and as you said, freedom is NOT popular), but enacted to benefit people like us.

    I said that with cynical (old man) humor. But seriously, one man can't save a country. He can inspire it. Ron Paul inspired a portion of our country. His message has bled from us into neocons and Bernie bro groups. Whether that's enough to save this country from what's around the corner, that remains to be seen. At this point its off of Ron's shoulders and on ours.
    ...



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Full disclaimer, the guy is my hero. I do feel like his 2012 campaign and his followers woke me up, truly. My entire paradigm on life changed whenever I learned about this guy and the liberty movement. I am thankful for that.

    So, I want to pose this question: did he really do anything? The reason I'm bringing it up is there's increasing chatter within some libertarian spheres (starting with Matt Erickson who is starting up his "Kingpilled" podcast and is encouraging libertarians to put politics down and focus on becoming wealthy instead. This, he argues, will then make us more powerful and influential) that Ron Paul really didn't do much in the grand scheme. Liberty, for all intents and purposes, hasn't advanced (at least not nationally). Ron Paul himself never had any legislation passed, and what was the point in waking millions up only for them to become so disenfranchised with the system that they may as well be asleep again?

    When I first hear this premise, I of course yelled blasphemy. But, I thought about it. And I'm honestly not sure the premise itself is wrong when examined from "look at how far liberty has eroded since 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, etc. What did he truly do that has had consequence?

    And to be fair, I don't think it's a direct indictment against him as much as it is some of us followers who put him and others on pedestals.

    Just curious to hear what others think of this.
    Actually, Ron Paul did get a piece of legislation passed.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/112th-...ll/459/actions

    Ok, that's not much. But it's not nothing. IIRC it's more than can be said of Hillary Clinton, who actually never did introduce a single piece of legislation that got passed, and somehow that fact didn't stop her from getting her party's nomination for president and almost winning the election, and it doesn't seem to have relegated her to a status of historical irrelevance in anyone's eyes that I've heard of.

    But actually, let's go with your friend's approach. Let's say libertarians should take up a strategy that's entirely outside of politics for now. Honestly, that doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. But I would still say that if we do that, we'll owe whatever measure of success that strategy brings us more to Ron Paul and the difference he made in the lives and outlooks of all those foot soldiers taking up that new cause, than to any other single person walking the earth today I can think of.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    In the scheme of politics, winning is everything.
    And since the political Establishment has defined the "rules" of the race, you can be certain that it is rigged... no one who is a true threat to their "system" has a snowball's chance of winning. Well, that was certainly true pre-Trump... perhaps there is a sea-change coming.

    What you are overlooking is that we had to have people who have been prepared to occupy seats as they are able to win them -- by "prepared", I mean prepared not only ideologically (values), but also in terms of the deception, trickery and corruption of the "system". If you're not prepared for that, it will just overwhelm you. Ron Paul 100% knew about the corruption in the US government but he didn't let it discourage him. That alone makes him almost completely unique in American history. The vast majority of Americans with RP's values (honest, integrity, traditional social values, etc.) get tangled up in some kind of Mr. Jefferson Goes To Washington situation, then disavow politics forever after. So the key preparation that Ron Paul has helped lay the groundwork for is to get the younger generation to understand that DC is incorrigibly corrupt.

    If you go to DC, you have to have something more in mind than just "we're gunna change da laws!!!!!!" The laws can, indeed, be changed. But tilting at windmills, Don Quixote style, will get you nowhere. DC has seen a million like you, and even better, chewed them all up and spit them out. It's not hopeless, but it's not simple, either. That's the balance that Ron Paul modeled and which younger folks thinking of going to DC will benefit from emulating.

    But these people (like me) aren't doing anything, aren't in positions to effect change beyond our homes (and perhaps that's honestly the best place for all of us to start anyway),
    That's it!

    Ok, I get that. So here's my next question: what good does this forum do? How many active people are there anymore? 200? What does this forum do to advance liberty? To me, this forum is like the local bar - I come here to drown away my sorrows with like minded individuals. There's not enough of us left (it seems to me) for us to mount campaigns (political or educational) and get our ideas not only out there for the people (and as you said, freedom is NOT popular), but enacted to benefit people like us.
    I can't find the exact quote, but I will paraphrase it: "Every significant change throughout history has not been the result of a sweeping mass movement but of a tiny, committed minority who have clung to their cause against all odds." The globalist Marxists understand this. This is why they are perfectly content to hide away in their academic ivory towers. Does Noam Chomsky head a "mass movement" of any kind? Of course not. But Chomsky is the root of an enormously powerful change or, at least, potential change, within the US because he and a small group of other maniacal radical leftists have laid the ideological groundwork for those changes. When new converts arrive to the movement, they are given booklets with his quotes, they see memes with his quotes, and so on and so forth. Each of these digestible pieces of the ideological framework could not exist if the main structure had not been built many years before. The Marxists absolutely understand this, we know that because they were the first ones to write all of this stuff down! (They didn't invent it, though.)

    Each time you write out a post that applies the principles and values of Ron Paul to current events, there are a dozen others who are able to read and understand what you have written and many of them may have not looked at that particular issue from that particular angle before. This helps reinforce the movement.

    And unlike Marxism, the liberty movement doesn't need a secret "inner agenda" because we are not selling a package of lies which are secretly designed to decimate the global population. The liberty agenda is completely superficial... what you see is what you get. That also makes it absolutely unique among political agendas. No other agenda, not even the conservative agenda, can go toe-to-toe with the liberty agenda because every single one of them has something to hide, and we do not. There is absolutely nothing to hide in saying, "I just want you to be free to do what you want."

    For this reason, each liberty proponent who takes the time to clarify the reasons for liberty is acting like a "distributed peer-to-peer" node in a global network that is converging more and more accurately on The Truth. Yes, there is capital-T Truth, which is something the Marxists have to deny (so they can keep pushing their secret mass-murder agenda). By choosing to converge on Truth, you are able to participate in this "distributed peer-to-peer network" of Truth-seekers without any central coordination. No central coordination is required because Truth is the coordinator -- 2+2=4 in California, Texas, New York and Florida alike. Red or blue cannot change Truth. That is why liberty is inevitable. Welcome to the side that wins no matter what!!

    stop worshiping idols like Ron Paul,
    Ron Paul is not an idol because he is not competing and has never competed with Jesus for attention, love and worship. He is what the traditional Church would have called an icon, father of the faith (he is a believer) or (if recognized), a saint. Such individuals act not as their own focal point (trying to create an "-ism" and personality cult focused on themselves), rather, they act as intermediary focal points that point people along the path to The Truth (Jesus). They are like those statues that people set up that point the way to a nearby city... a living road-sign if you will. "Liberty: THIS WAY. (points)"

    "If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." (John 8:36) Make no mistake, the Gospel is libertarian... it is the original, undiluted libertarianism. And that is the real reason that liberty is inevitable.

    who at the end of the day, didn't actual do much that was measurable. And that's not necessarily Ron's fault - that's our fault; the people's fault.
    It's just not true. I understand it can feel that way. But the problem is that we have chosen the wrong ruler to measure progress. Holding political seats is the final outcome of a long process of change that has occurred many decades before. Ron Paul and others in the liberty movement have built the foundations for that change. Let's not get tired, but keep working to erect the scaffolding and start building the first floor of the tower of true freedom that will inevitably be built. So much work has already gone into it, it would be a shame to lose that to history and leave it to a future generation to restart the entire project from bare earth...
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 07-12-2021 at 08:58 AM.
    = John 6:38,39

  22. #19
    He got called out for earmarks in the mainstream liberal media, explained himself, and ended the practice.

    That may not be everything. It may not be enough to save the nation. But it's concrete enough. You can put your finger right on it.

    Most of his legacy must be filed under "time will tell". No one makes their legacy relevant all by themselves. But, yes. There are things that are concrete.
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

    "All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He got called out for earmarks in the mainstream liberal media, explained himself, and ended the practice.

    That may not be everything. It may not be enough to save the nation. But it's concrete enough. You can put your finger right on it.

    Most of his legacy must be filed under "time will tell". No one makes their legacy relevant all by themselves. But, yes. There are things that are concrete.
    I don't think he ended the practice. I believe Rand does not do it


    "If you don't earmark something, then somebody else spends it and there's no transparency. So, the principle of the earmark is very crucial. But we need more earmarks.

    The whole idea that you vote against an earmark, you don't save a penny. That just goes to the administration and they get to allocate the funds.The principle of the earmark is our responsibility. It's like a tax credit. And I vote for all tax credits, no matter how silly they might seem. If I can give you any of you of your money back, I vote for it. So, if I can give my district any money back, I encourage that."

    Last edited by tebowlives; 07-13-2021 at 12:59 PM.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    But he's for earmarks.
    Yes, just not the way it used to be done.
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

    "All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

  25. #22
    Doesn't matter. 3-4 generations of public screwl inculcation has negated everything Ron Paul has ever brought to the table. We're $#@!ed. Good and well. At least gear up to kill some commies for mommy before they grind you under foot through sheer numbers. Because that is where this $#@! is headed.

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Doesn't matter. 3-4 generations of public screwl inculcation has negated everything Ron Paul has ever brought to the table. We're $#@!ed. Good and well. At least gear up to kill some commies for mommy before they grind you under foot through sheer numbers. Because that is where this $#@! is headed.
    And then there's this entirely reasonable take as well that kind of proves we/him/the liberty movement really didn't do much, if you want to look at it from that angle. The marxists are running everything and we are sitting on our hands either purposefully or made to do so by these forces.

    I appreciate everyone's responses. I hope it jogged some minds as it has done for me. Time will tell, but I believe we're seeing the endgame unfold and its one that may be unavoidable for the vast majority of us. Having said that, I hope everyone of us here fights any way we can. Don't give in.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    And then there's this entirely reasonable take as well that kind of proves we/him/the liberty movement really didn't do much, if you want to look at it from that angle. The marxists are running everything and we are sitting on our hands either purposefully or made to do so by these forces.

    I appreciate everyone's responses. I hope it jogged some minds as it has done for me. Time will tell, but I believe we're seeing the endgame unfold and its one that may be unavoidable for the vast majority of us. Having said that, I hope everyone of us here fights any way we can. Don't give in.
    Ron Paul hasn't been taught in schools. It's the end game. Ain't no "victory gardens" in America. There's always been prophecies in the past. But NEVER has there been such a reliance on co-dependence.



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Yes, Ron Paul did something... he "red-pilled" me. To me, that was his most crowning achievement.

    - ML

    PS. End the Fed.

  30. #26
    I don't know if we can attribute it to Ron's campaigns directly, per se, but look at how much more awake people are compared to back then. The energy and money expended to manufacture the Trump psyop, hand-in-hand with the Q psyop, for example, just to keep awakening people following pied pipers and not truly awakening. The mass censorship underway. The covid shot refusal percentages. I'd bet that the one main thing that Ron's campaigns accomplished was setting the foundation for "conspiracy theory" (conspiracy fact) to go mainstream. TPTB have spent a HUUUUGE amount of time, effort and money to try to co-opt it ever since.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

    "We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Actually, Ron Paul did get a piece of legislation passed.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/112th-...ll/459/actions

    Ok, that's not much. But it's not nothing.
    The Federal Reserve Accountability Act of 2012 died in Senate.

    Died in a previous Congress

    This bill was introduced in a previous session of Congress and was passed by the House on July 25, 2012 but was never passed by the Senate.


    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr459

    Here is the 1 Bill that passed which Ron Paul introduced:
    H.R. 2121 (111th): To authorize the Administrator of General Services to convey a parcel of real property in Galveston, Texas, to the Galveston Historical Foundation.
    Sponsor: Rep. Ronald “Ron” Paul [R-TX14]
    Introduced
    Apr 27, 2009 Enacted — Signed by the President
    Oct 19, 2009 Cosponsors 0

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    The Federal Reserve Accountability Act of 2012 died in Senate.
    I didn't say it was signed into law.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

  33. #29
    I thought Massie got involved because he had issues with zoning in his township. He went to a meeting and people liked him and they gave their speaking time to Massie. What is not to like about Thomas Massie? I had liberty beliefs long before knowing of Dr. Ron Paul and aligned myself with him because he was a man that spoke about how I already felt.

  34. #30
    Yes. Yes he certainly did.

    And kid Congress and the Senate, don't scold 'em. They are just children that's never grown up. They don't like to be corrected in company. Don't send messages to 'em, send candy.'--Will Rogers
    Sociopaths act exactly like children. They push and push their limits until they encounter more resistance than they want to handle right now, then they back off.

    They aren't more evil than past regimes, they're just hysterical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The State Of The Regime - Part Of The Problem #757
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem Dave takes a look at the state of the covid vaccine regime, and how they have been using all their emotional ammo against the American people with little success.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XwE_wtrEGI
    We'll never be able to measure the Ron Paul Effect. But it's there. Dave's right. We've never been this close. They did mount the biggest propaganda campaign, if not in history, then since WWII, and more than half of the population has said, "Keep your jab to yourselves."

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Landon View Post
    Yes, Ron Paul did something... he "red-pilled" me. To me, that was his most crowning achievement.

    - ML

    PS. End the Fed.
    It is, you know. It's his crowning achievement. Forgive me for saying it wouldn't have been if it was just you. But it wasn't just you.

    Yeah, people. This has been worth the trouble. And no, it's not over.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-17-2021 at 01:05 PM.
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

    "All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •