Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey, I’m a new dad. Got any advice?

Hey, I’m a new dad. Got any advice?

After some past miscarriages and other mishaps, my wife gave birth to a girl a couple weeks ago. It wasn’t without some complications. We lucked out, so here we are.

Our neighbor is a mother of 5 and grandmother from the older generation. Her advice of trial & error sounds pretty good.

I'm sorta looking far ahead at home schooling or a private school, but right now just enjoying the moment.

Oh yeah: Woooo hoooooo!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No advice; I'll leave that for the parents on the board. Just wanted to say Congratulations!

Congrats! Cherish these moments. Even the seemingly bad times. I have 4 kids. They grow so fast.

At the baby age, the main advice I can give is that when they cry, your instinct will be to make something better so they stop crying. Don't get frustrated if you can't get her to stop crying. Sometimes the little ones just need to expand the lungs. When frustrated, just put the baby down for a few minutes.

Congratulations .
    Do something Danke

Enjoy her now, she'll be a teenager before you know it.

Congrats. I remember the birth of all 3 of my daughters like it was yesterday. You will do fine. Love the mother above all else and don’t let that slip.
    No - No - No - No

Congratulations. Parenting is a stewardship. Many parents think of their child as their property. She is a little creature made in the image of God, neither more nor less. When she is of sufficient age, she will have her own relationship with God. I've seen both sides of the spectrum (too much discipline, too little), but this is the right mindset to have. Girls tend to be easier to raise than boys. The keys are prayer, humility, and the willingness to sacrifice. I'm not telling you this as a successful parent but from the painful 20/20 hindsight of a failed parent. May God bless your family.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Congratulations! What a Blessing. Every parent has to learn on their own...and each child is different. God bless you and your wife and that precious little girl.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Grats.
    Buy a gun.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    After some past miscarriages and other mishaps, my wife gave birth to a girl a couple weeks ago. It wasn’t without some complications. We lucked out, so here we are.

Our neighbor is a mother of 5 and grandmother from the older generation. Her advice of trial & error sounds pretty good.

I'm sorta looking far ahead at home schooling or a private school, but right now just enjoying the moment.

Oh yeah: Woooo hoooooo!!!!!!!!
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

It's never too early to start beating your kid.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

One of the perks of having a kid also is you get to "help" your wife with the lactation

Enjoy it while it lasts
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    It's never too early to start beating your kid.

spare the rod, spoil the child.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Aquadoodle mats are good. I had a laptop next to our glider so that I could play beach boys while rocking my son to sleep and lurking RPFs. Music everywhere. Talk to her like an adult every so often, even if you think she doesn't get it. Jigsaw puzzles (hand/eye coordination, problem solving, fun) -- plus the big reveal when it's done. Milkshakes when she's old enough -- make your own. Mix some ice cream with milk and let her see the process. Wood blocks for stacking and/or spelling words (you stack, she knocks down, in the early years). Let her crawl around on the lawn (or dirt, or forest floor) and interact with nature. Be silly. Let her practice standing by gripping your fingers and you hoisting her up (note: she's not pulling your finger). Playdough. Let her scream, scream with her, tire her out, she'll sleep better (and so will you). Some advice, take it or leave it

Oh, and congrats!!!
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Have an empty room with nothing dangerous in it you can leave her in for a number of hours, if you need to like go out for dinner or something and can't find a babysitter.

Just remember to cover the socket plugs, or you might come back to a surprise and have to rewire the electricity for that whole room
    - Kim Kardashian

Thanks for all the comments.

AF's new thread about busybodies reminds of all the hospital personnel we've been encountering. They don't so much ask you about your wishes. They just arrogantly assume it.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

We couldn't leave the hospital without completing the birth certificate form because it's a North Carolina statute. I'm guessing it's like that in most--if not all--states.

They wanted me to bring up the car seat to carry her out. I said I didn't want to do that, so they agreed my wife could carry the baby out in a wheelchair. Also, the receptionist asked if I wanted law enforcement to check the car seat installation. Of course I declined. Dumbasses.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    We couldn't leave the hospital without completing the birth certificate form because it's a North Carolina statute. I'm guessing it's like that in most--if not all--states.
    The BC is one of the mechanisms that the State uses to claim our children as property (another one is "we've got more guns"). I think you have two days to rescind the contract that you signed if you're considering taking it back.

@devil21?
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

1. Disregard everything TheTexan says.
    2. Spend lots of time with her.
    3. It's never too early to start reading to her
    4. Keep them away from the TV
    5.Never leave the house without a hug and a kiss and an I love you. I am sure your wife might like that too.
    6. Tap lightly on the rear a thump on the rump is usually enough.

I can't tell you how important my dad was to me growing up. He made my mom(bitch) angry all the time but he will be my best friend until the end of time. Although he has passed I still feel his presents with me.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    The BC is one of the mechanisms that the State uses to claim our children as property (another one is "we've got more guns"). I think you have two days to rescind the contract that you signed if you're considering taking it back.

@devil21?
    The state claims the child as pledged collateral based on the filed (registered) Cert of Live Birth, thus creating a security interest for the state corporation against the child's body, which is then conveyed under the state's "public trust" where all registered property legally resides, with the state taking the role of trustee of the pledged collateral in the trust, trustees are legal title holder to property/collateral placed in a trust. The state later issues a Birth Certificate in the ALL CAPS NAME, which creates the corporate legal fiction ALL CAPS NAME that the child is led to believe is actually him/her. At that point forward the ALL CAPS NAME is the avenue used for a live flesh and blood to interact with dead fictional corporations, such as Walmart, Bank of America or the state corporation itself. Bible says the living can't interact with the dead.....

As far as rescinding the Cert of Live Birth, I haven't studied up on how to do that specifically. It gets pretty wonky since the child is considered salvaged abandoned property (high seas piracy, admiralty law) and a bastard (mother's maiden name used on paperwork makes child fatherless bastard since mom identifies as unmarried on paperwork!). Seems to me that you can unregister the COLB with the relevant state agency that maintains those records, same as you can unregister to vote with voting agency or unregister a car from DMV, etc. You're basically just claiming back the collateral/property and ending the trust contract that started it. "Revokable trust" is a good search term for this, as in "how do I revoke a trust?" The catch is that dealing with some phone drone CSR isn't the way to go about it since they're often as clueless as the rest of general population and just follow procedure. You should seek out the legal department of the agency for contact. It's all the same legal operation, just applied to different kinds of pledged collateral/property which is held under trust by the state. Fwiw, the state Secretary of State is who transmits that data to the US Dept of Commerce who federalizes the same collateral registration process for US Inc. collateral/property against federal debt, in the assumption that the child will later claim US Citizen status as an employee of the federal corporation.

It's also worth noting that the system described is slowly being moved away from the paper COLB/BC/ALL CAPS NAME routine over to a more direct digital slave ownership model using genetic alterations ("vaccines"?) and biometrics, which remove the ability to opt-out by simply choosing to not use the ALL CAPS NAME documents. If NCLiberty or his wife have taken a covid shot, any offspring they have is automatically a GMO and has the security interest attached from birth, regardless of any signed documents. This is why all shot takers are being tracked. Any child they have after a genetic alteration isn't a natural living flesh and blood any more. It's a piece of property with inherent security interest attached, just like Monsanto corn.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-08-2021 at 03:09 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I've found it easiest to just use one of my Danke birth certificates instead of trying to come up with one of my own.
    Do something Danke

Math, math, and more math. Math teaches logic and reasoning. Teach it early.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Math, math, and more math. Math teaches logic and reasoning. Teach it early.
    But,
    I'm mathematically dyslexic.

and I get by.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

NCL,

Congratulations.

Allow me to post just a few tips.

1 - Be just and fair at all times. As a father, you will be looked toward as the final "referee" and disciplinarian. Above all, do not shirk this duty. A child will carry the memories and teachings of this for the rest of their lives. If your inner voice says what you are about to do or say is unjust, listen to it, even if it contradicts other adults around you.

2 - Enjoy every stage of life with them. If done right, they will be friends and companions as adults. A narrow view almost kept that from me, but I have never been so happy as to have had kids, they are blessings to me as rapidly approaching old age takes more and more from me.

3 - Do everything, and I mean everything, in your power to keep them out of government schools.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Congrats.

Whatever you work out with your wife on caring/working (50/50, or are you working while she stays home, etc.) you better make it very clear between both of you. I mean, look each other in the eyes and say your agreement to each other.

Why? Because if both of you aren't clear on spousal expectations now, either of you can create resentment and confusion. Trust me on this...

So, figure out what's going to work between you understanding you may have to make some modifications as you figure things out, but then stick to it until it's time to re-plan.

Talk to each other, talk to each other, talk to each other...

Don't be afraid to delay vaccinations either (or if you're 100% anti-vax, cool too). There are pediatricians out there who will let you delay instead of sticking so many vaxes in such a young little body.

Take pride in being a father and know that you have a role now. You're gonna be stressed, have your moment then get over it. As a father, you are protector and provider. It comes with the territory.

Best of luck.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

These UK nurses know how the birth cert stuff works. Sign that document right after birth and the baby then becomes collateral for the debts taken on by government from the bankers.

NHS nurses tell new mother the baby is not her property after birth, demand covid test
    https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/w...-property-once
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Enjoy every minute! Time flies so incredibly fast with these lil ones.

Congratulations! Help your wife as much as you can. Schedule a night for you to stay up so she can rest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast