Thread: Heavily Armed Militia Group Shut Down Mass. Highway in Bizarre Standoff

Heavily Armed Militia Group Shut Down Mass. Highway in Bizarre Standoff

A cadre of armed men from a militia group called the Rise of the Moors shut down a highway outside of Boston for more than nine hours on Saturday morning after allegedly refusing to comply with police orders and taking off into the woods with guns.

The group says on their website that they’re “Moorish Americans dedicated to educating new Moors and influencing our Elders.” In YouTube videos of the incident, they claimed they were only trying to travel peacefully to their “private land” to camp and “train” on Saturday. CBS Boston reported that they were headed from Rhode Island to Maine.

According to Massachusetts State Police, a trooper saw two cars on the side of the I-95 at about 1:30 a.m. with hazard lights on, attempting to add gas to their tanks.

When the officer stopped to assist, they noticed the men were wearing military gear and had a lot of guns. The trooper asked for driver’s licenses and gun licenses but the men allegedly refused to provide any, and refused to put down their weapons. The trooper called for backup but some of the men fled, police said.

In a livestream video on the group’s YouTube page, a member of the group, dressed in camo gear, said they were traveling with gas tanks to refuel their cars so they could avoid “making any unnecessary stops” that might “alert or alarm the public.”

He claimed they had not violated any laws because they were legally allowed to own guns in the state from which they traveled.

He claimed that they had asked officers to explain what their probable cause was, and a sergeant allegedly said he did not know.

“We do not intend to be hostile, we do not intend to be aggressive,” he said, adding that they are not “anti-police” or “Black-identity extremists.”

“Our nation has a treaty with your government,” the man said, gesturing to another man standing on the highway, holding what looked to be a Moroccan flag. He said they were immune to state laws.

“We’re not anti-government, we’re not anti-police and we’re willing to give them any information they need so that way we can continue with our peaceful journey,” he continued.

The Southern Poverty Law Center says that several organizations and individuals have identified with the Moorish sovereign citizen movement in the U.S. since the 1990s. The movement is associated with the anti-government sovereign citizens movement, and some Moorish sovereigns have come into conflict with government agencies over their refusal to obey laws. They believe that African Americans “constitute an elite class within American society with special rights,” SPLC writes.

“Their self-professed leader wanted very much known their ideology is not anti-government,” State Police Col. Christopher Mason said in a Saturday morning briefing.

A section of I-95 was closed in both directions and a shelter in place order was issued for residents in Wakefield and Reading. Large trucks were brought in to block the highway, and road spikes were deployed.

“We continue to engage the suspects in conversation in an effort to de-escalate the situation on 95 and bring it to a peaceful end,” Massachusetts State Police said in a tweet at 9:30 a.m. EDT.

By Saturday afternoon, following a sweep of the woods and a nine-hour standoff that police called “highly dynamic and evolving,” all 11 members had been taken into custody without injury, and the highway had been reopened.

n a press conference after the incident ended, Mason said the State Police will work with the District Attorney’s Office and “appropriate charges” will be brought against the 11 men.

“You can imagine, 11 armed individuals standing with long guns slung on an interstate highway at two in the morning certainly raises concerns and is not consistent with the firearms laws that we have here in Massachusetts,” he said.

He said the men did not have gun licenses on them. Either way, he said, Massachusetts does not allow unloaded or loaded guns to be carried on an interstate highway.

“I understand that they have a different perspective on that,” he said.

He said he was unclear about what the group’s intent was in traveling on the highway, including whether it was “staged” to draw the attention of police.

Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan said they were told the men were on their way to Maine from Rhode Island for “training” but investigators have not confirmed that.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/armed-...tts?ref=scroll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Not it!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

He said the men did not have gun licenses on them. Either way, he said, Massachusetts does not allow unloaded or loaded guns to be carried on an interstate highway.
    I am unable to come up with an appropriate comment for this.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I am unable to come up with an appropriate comment for this.
    I'm befuddled by the entire incident.

Good for them
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Good for them
    But was it? I wonder if they have bonded out yet?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    "Rise of the Moors"
    I'll bet a silver round this is FBI or possibly even British Intelligence... that name is ludicrous, no self-respecting rebel group would call themselves that... this was focus-grouped...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

But was it? I wonder if they have bonded out yet?
    The important thing is that they stood up for what they believed in, damned be the consequences

Though I would recommend to them next time either bring a larger army, or take greater care in the witnesses they leave behind
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The important thing is that they stood up for what they believed in, damned be the consequences

Though I would recommend to them next time either bring a larger army, or take greater care in the witnesses they leave behind
    This whole thing is a mind $#@!. If you are going to go do militia training then you should practice OPSEC 101. Don't let anyone know you are going to train. Why the hell wear full battle-rattle and pull onto the shoulder to refill from gas cans? Leader said he didn't want to bring attention if they stopped at a gas station. Not that there is anything wrong with driving around in full battle rattle in peaceful times, but couldn't at least one member not be quite as kittied out as too pump gas? This $#@! makes NO $#@!ing sense unless it is for publicity. In the meantime they've surrendered their weapons and gear...and good luck getting that $#@! back anytime before your trial date, if ever.

Seems incredibly stupid of them. If they kept their guns in the trunk, they would be in Maine right now doing their own thing where nobody cares if you run around the woods with long guns.

This whole thing is a mind $#@!. If you are going to go do militia training then you should practice OPSEC 101. Don't let anyone know you are going to train. Why the hell wear full battle-rattle and pull onto the shoulder to refill from gas cans? Leader said he didn't want to bring attention if they stopped at a gas station. Not that there is anything wrong with driving around in full battle rattle in peaceful times, but couldn't at least one member not be quite as kittied out as too pump gas? This $#@! makes NO $#@!ing sense unless it is for publicity. In the meantime they've surrendered their weapons and gear...and good luck getting that $#@! back anytime before your trial date, if ever.
    Perhaps they are collecting intelligence on the floorplan & security protocols of their local jailhouse. In which case, all is going to plan
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    I'll bet a silver round this is FBI or possibly even British Intelligence... that name is ludicrous, no self-respecting rebel group would call themselves that... this was focus-grouped...
    This seems a likely explanation for the stupidity that was witnessed.
    - Kim Kardashian

Andy Ngô Busts Dishonest Media: Asks Why Media Used Photos Of White Men Wearing Confederate Badges In MA Stand-Off When Militiamen Were Black Racial Separatists?

https://nworeport.me/2021/07/05/andy...l-separatists/

Andy Ngô Busts Dishonest Media: Asks Why Media Used Photos Of White Men Wearing Confederate Badges In MA Stand-Off When Militiamen Were Black Racial Separatists?

https://nworeport.me/2021/07/05/andy...l-separatists/
    I saw this story on TV, probably on Fox News. There was no mention of their name (Moors) or black people involved. The implication was that it was a white militia.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Red and white flag, inverted star. Why oh why do I keep seeing the same themes across the lines of all social genres, across generations?
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Well , unless these people are insane I would suspect an obvious diversion to keep Mass dimwit state po occupied while something else was traveling somewhere else. Probably something the dumbass FBI is up to. On the bright side I have no current treaty with the govt as they didnt hold to the last one so I'm free to carry on as usual. My favorite part , "not consistent with the firearms laws we have her in Mass. " Really ? what would be other than being disarmed?
    Do something Danke

Maybe they were heading to something like this;

1976, the trailers kinda cheesy but the movie was pretty good if I remember, “SHOOT”

*the full movies on YouTube if anyone has an interest.*
    Last edited by sam1952; 07-05-2021 at 02:10 PM.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson