Thread: Anglican Church of England's first trans queeer priest says: "God is Trans-Queeer"

Exclamation Anglican Church of England's first trans queeer priest says: "God is Trans-Queeer"

‘God Is Non-Binary’ Says Church of England’s First Transwoman Priest

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...swoman-priest/

Jack Montgomery1 Jul 202118

The Church of England’s first-ever transwoman priest has declared that “God is non-binary” and questioned whether He is “just genuinely like a guy?”

Reverend Canon Sarah Jones, currently of the St John the Baptist Church in Cardiff, Wales, was ordained by the Church of England some two decades ago, telling the Anglican state church at the time: “‘Look, there’s this medical history that you need to know about.”

The cleric told ITV News that “They were fine” with the disclosure, although, as she put it they were initially “a little bit sort of, ‘Oh, OK, we don’t really know what to do, but give us some time, and we’ll work it out’.”

“And it did take them time, but they did work it out and eventually I was ordained,” Jones recalled.

The canon claimed that “There have been some occasions where it’s been made pretty plain to me that I wouldn’t be welcome in a certain post and that people disagreed that I should even be ordained” but that, for the most part, support has been “tremendous” — particularly in Wales.

Anglican clergy in Wales have on occasion displayed a marked tendency towards the “woke” politics of the social justice left, with female bishop Joanna Penberthy recently feeling compelled to delete her personal Twitter account after reports revealed she used it to abuse Brexit and Conservative supporters in vitriolic terms.

Woman Bishop Deletes Account She Used to Abuse Conservatives, Brexit Supporters https://t.co/t0hcAlshSq

— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) June 4, 2021

On the subject of God being “non-binary” — similar to claims by the Church of England’s senior Archbishop, Justin Welby, that God is “not male nor female” in 2018 — Reverend Canon Sarah Jones elaborated by suggesting: “[W]hen you really think about it, does God really have a body? I don’t think so, so could God really be ‘He’, just genuinely like a guy?”

“I don’t think so and I think if God created everything, God’s beyond all of these boundaries so whatever God is, I really don’t think God is a standard ‘He’,” Jones insisted, adding: “I would absolutely say that God is non-binary in the sense that God is neither male nor female and I think it’s helpful.”

“It’s not just helpful for the queeer community, I think whether you’re straight or gay or whatever you are, the fact that God is not [un]equivocally male perhaps is actually quite helpful in our understanding of humanity,” Jones added.

Such a view may have raised the eyebrows of C. S. Lewis, the Oxbridge don, author of The Chronicles of Narnia, and the leading Anglican apologist and one of the leading apologists for all Christian denominations in the 20th century.

In his seminal 1948 tract ‘Priestesses in the Church?’ the author was clear that “Christians think that God Himself has taught us how to speak of Him. To say that it does not matter is to say either that all the masculine imagery is not inspired, is merely human in origin, or else that, though inspired, it is quite arbitrary and unessential… it is an argument not in favour of Christian priestesses but against Christianity.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “There have been some occasions where it’s been made pretty plain to me that I wouldn’t be welcome in a certain post and that people disagreed that I should even be ordained” but that, for the most part, support has been “tremendous” — particularly in Wales.
    The Church of England or Anglican Church was the majority denomination 100 years ago in Britain.

It is now less than 2 percent and forecast to cease to exist in the next decade or two.

That does not sound like "tremendous" support to me.

Belief in God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit is at the heart of our faith.
    Brothers and sisters, I ask you to profess together the faith of the Church.
    Do you believe and trust in God the Father?
    Do you believe and trust in his Son Jesus Christ?
    Do you believe and trust in the Holy Spirit?
    https://www.churchofengland.org/our-...hat-we-believe

The Church is the Bride of Christ. It is not traditionally seen as a lesbian relationship.

On the subject of God being “non-binary” — similar to claims by the Church of England’s senior Archbishop, Justin Welby, that God is “not male nor female” in 2018 — Reverend Canon Sarah Jones elaborated by suggesting: “[W]hen you really think about it, does God really have a body? I don’t think so, so could God really be ‘He’, just genuinely like a guy?”
    On the one hand, I agree that talking about the gender of a non-carporeal being is silly. On the other hand, this person is trying to get lynched by the woke brigade for saying that gender is a physical trait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

She knows her Bible well. Genesis 1:27 reads:

"So God created personkind in his own image,
    In the image of God he created them;

Male, female, aporagender, bigender, boi, butch, cisgender, demiboy, demigender, demigirl, dyadic, femme, gender apathetic, gender binary, gender nonconforming, genderfluid, gender*****, graygender, intergender, intersex, maverique, misgender, multi-gender, nonbinary, novigender, pangender, polygender , third gender, transfeminine, transgender, transmasculine, transsexual, trigender, and two-spirit...

... he created them."

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28