Thread: Hungary passes law banning LGBT content in schools or kids’ TV

Post Hungary passes law banning LGBT content in schools or kids’ TV

Not clear if this law being linked to similar Russian votes (one such vote invoked response from US Embassy in Russia during MAGA term) would go against US led global campaign to promote LGBTQ civil rights and invoke any sanctions from US. So far no response from Prez Biden, Trump or other offiicials involved in global campaign on this.
    This move from a conservative Christian nation is not too surprising, timing wise this move in the middle of Pride Month ( h/t RJB for reminder) is bit surprising.

Hungary passes law banning LGBT content in schools or kids’ TV

New legislation outlaws sharing information seen as promoting homosexuality with under-18s

The Hungarian prime minister, Viktor Orbán, has increasingly targeted gay rights. Photograph: Bernadett Szabó/Reuters

Jennifer Rankin in Brussels
    First published on Tue 15 Jun 2021 09.29 EDT

Hungary’s parliament has passed a law banning gay people from featuring in school educational materials or TV shows for under-18s, as Viktor Orbán’s ruling party intensified its campaign against LGBT rights.
    The national assembly passed the legislation by 157 votes to one, after MPs in the ruling Fidesz party ignored a last-minute plea by one of Europe’s leading human rights officials to abandon the plan as “an affront against the rights and identities of LGBTI persons”.
    Despite a boycott of the vote by some opposition politicians, the outcome was never in doubt, as Fidesz has a healthy majority and the plans were supported by the far-right Jobbik party.

The measures have been likened by critics to Russia’s 2013 law against “gay propaganda” that independent monitors say has increased social hostility and fuelled vigilante attacks against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in the EU country’s eastern neighbour.

The Hungarian legislation outlaws sharing information with under-18s that the government considers to be promoting homosexuality or gender change.

theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/15/hungary-passes-law-banning-lbgt-content-in-schools

Related

June 27, 2020
    US embassy defiantly unfurls Pride flag as Russia prepares to vote to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman

Trump admin. launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality

Gay Teacher Of The Year Fans LGBTQ Pride In Viral Photo With Donald Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    What? No pictures of Trump and a rainbow flag? I know it has nothing to do with vaccines, but it's pride month.
    Biden appears to be MIA when it comes to Pride Month celeberation, at least Trump was selling LGBTQ rights T-shirts and doing other promotions during pride month.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Biden appears to be MIA when it comes to Pride Month celeberation, at least Trump was selling LGBTQ rights T-shirts and doing other promotions during pride month.
    MAGA, gays, and Jews. Your holy trinity, lol.

Looks like NGOs had already started some minor protests in Hungary.

MAGA, gays, and Jews. Your holy trinity, lol.
    Actually I think this is an interesting thread. Sorry you're prejudiced against the OP. Many conservative Christians in the U.S. hitched their "culture war" hopes on a man who's very Christianity is questionable at best (Trump said he doesn't even remember saying he was sorry to God), and who ultimately failed them miserably in that regard. It is less safe now to openly express traditional Christian views on homosexuality than ever before. Meanwhile the "godless communist east" has become Jerry Farwell's (R.I.P.) wet dream. If nothing else, this helps explain why, all of a sudden, Marxists in the U.S. hate a former KGB officer. (Putin).
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Actually I think this is an interesting thread. Sorry you're prejudiced against the OP. Many conservative Christians in the U.S. hitched their "culture war" hopes on a man who's very Christianity is questionable at best (Trump said he doesn't even remember saying he was sorry to God), and who ultimately failed them miserably in that regard. It is less safe now to openly express traditional Christian views on homosexuality than ever before. Meanwhile the "godless communist east" has become Jerry Farwell's (R.I.P.) wet dream. If nothing else, this helps explain why, all of a sudden, Marxists in the U.S. hate a former KGB officer. (Putin).
    Meh. He started it. The quotation of mine that he quoted was brought from another thread from the 2nd of June. There could be a thread about great trout fishing rivers in Montana and somehow he'll bring up MAGA , gays or Jews. If I am quoted in a snarky manner, I will comment in a snarky manner.
    Last edited by RJB; 06-25-2021 at 06:07 PM.

Meh. He started it. The quotation of mine that he quoted was brought from another thread from the 2nd of June. There could be a thread about great trout fishing rivers in Montana and somehow he'll bring up MAGA , gays or Jews. If I am quoted in a snarky manner, I will comment in a snarky manner.
    Fair enough. I know what it's like to have a beef with someone on the Internet. I've been engaged in online discussions since the days of dial up. But I still find the topic itself interesting. I wonder if in a few decades you'll see conservative Christians immigrating to eastern Europe in search of religious freedom?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Fair enough. I know what it's like to have a beef with someone on the Internet. I've been engaged in online discussions since the days of dial up. But I still find the topic itself interesting. I wonder if in a few decades you'll see conservative Christians immigrating to eastern Europe in search of religious freedom?
    Yeah I do take the subject seriously. I think the 2 June post, I was in a rotten mood and came here looking to stir something up. A lot of times when I am obnoxious on this forum, I actually spend the next day a bit embarrassed with myself. I do like this forum and the people here, even the people I tend to stir stuff up with. I would love to have a beer with the count or E.D. I try to remind myself there are actual people behind the accounts. Sometimes with the anonymity, I forget that.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The national assembly passed the legislation by 157 votes to one
    Wow
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

MAGA, Jews, and gays are the holy trinity.
    Is this referring to MAGA heavy-lifting post?

Maybe just coincidence but seems since discussion on pro pride month "Proud Boys" group flipping on MAGA, some off topic posts have appeared in random threads.

As long as this is not intended as or leading to a collectivist statement, it can be discussed even though there may be other threads (like "LGBT Activists Hate Christianity — and Want to Destroy It") better suitable for debating this topic with holy trinity in the mix. BTW, Anti-MAGA HRC and Obama are also relevant to this topic, though memories stend to be short in politics.

Other than top GOP/America-First movement funder Adelson who called for MAGA leader to be included in the Bible (and is socially liberal, pro LGBTQ civil rights/diversity) or MAGA digitial campaign guru Dennis "Immorality of leaving Iraq and Afghanistan" Prager, other high profile jewish figures in recent MAGA/Obama related political news like Jeffrey Epstein of NY, Andrew Adler of Atlanta etc appeared not that religious or holy themes motivated.. with exception of interest in mideast holylands perhaps.

On main topic, curious are you closer to Ted Cruz /Bachmann school of thought on this issue or in the bible-carrying MAGA 3D leader's camp?

Conservative Christian GOP Senator Ted Cruz:
    "Donald comes from New York and he embodies New York values." "Everyone understands that the values in New York City are socially liberal, are pro-abortion, are pro-gay-marriage, focused around money and the media."

Sep 30, 2015
    Michele Bachmann Believes God Could Destroy The Nation Over Gay Marriage

Bye, America!
    "LGBT Activists Hate Christianity — and Want to Destroy It"

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Welcome back ss but post #11 might be seen as politically incorrect by some.
    Could be wrong but some other esteemed forum guests like oyarde, RJB who tend to show strong leadership on anti-semitism/LGBTQ civil rights issues might even see such a reporting narrative as improper.
    Oh FFS, lol. You're too much.

Oh FFS, lol. You're too much.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Negative Ghostrider. As of now, there are only 5 people on this forum who I don't have on ignore. You, Oyarde, and theTexan are the only sources of info that I trust. And then for fun, I like to troll two trolls on this forum. (Today I am too lazy to troll) Other than you five, I have all the thousands of other forum members on ignore.

Hungarians can pass whatever laws suit them. Self determination.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hungary will leave the E.U., score another for Russia - the last hope of the White Man and Christianity is Russia.

Russia is the most important country in history because history is changing like never before.

It is the Last Stand. That is why the rats hate it so much.

The rats lost Russia. They want it back but can't have it. Because of one man.

Vladimir Putin, the greatest world leader of the modern age.
    Last edited by Snowball; 07-01-2021 at 09:44 AM.