Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex-MN cop Derek Chauvin sentenced to 22.5 years in prison for George Floyd murder

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So, he didn't die from asphyxiation.

Was kinda of my point.

But thanks for the clarification.
    It may shock you to learn that a lack of oxygen is one of the causes of cardiac arrest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It may shock you to learn that a lack of oxygen is one of the causes of cardiac arrest.
    So is having 2 1/2 times the lethal dose of fentanyl in your system.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In other shocking news, water is one of the causes of drowning.

Stopping breathing can lead to lack of oxygen and cardiac arrest. Pulmonary edema (caused by opioids) can lead to lack of oxygen and cardiac arrest, almost another source of drowning...

Record overdose-linked cardiac arrests

The first study, led by University of California, Los Angeles, researchers and published yesterday in JAMA Psychiatry, involved 33.4 million patient emergency medical services (EMS) encounters from the beginning of the pandemic to May 2020 in the US National EMS Information System, a database of EMS visits from more than 11,000 agencies in 49 states. These visits made up more than 87% of all EMS encounters in 2020.

The number of overdose-related cardiac arrests was compared with those from 2018 and 2019 and with provisional aggregate death data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) from 2018 through July 2020.

Overdose-related cardiac arrests climbed 42.1% across the United States in 2020. Despite lower baseline rates, the largest increases occurred among Black (50.3%) and Latin American (49.7%) patients, those living in socioeconomically disadvantaged communities (46.4%), and in Pacific states (63.8%).

Overdose-linked cardiac arrests began rising in April 2020, reaching a record single-month total of 2,112 in May. While EMS calls fell 17.7% from March to April, overdose-related cardiac arrests rose 98.3% in May. Then the rate began slowly falling, reaching a 21.4% increase over baseline in December. Over that time, overdose-related cardiac arrests stayed high throughout 2020, at 38.4% above baseline.
    https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/big-spike...-amid-covid-19
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    So is having 2 1/2 times the lethal dose of fentanyl in your system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    In other shocking news, water is one of the causes of drowning.

Stopping breathing can lead to lack of oxygen and cardiac arrest. Pulmonary edema (caused by opioids) can lead to lack of oxygen and cardiac arrest, almost another source of drowning...
    Wow, with so many possible causes of cardiac arrest, how will we ever know which one it was?

I propose an entirely new process wherein a group of ordinary people will decide, after being fully informed by numerous experts who will be called to truthfully render their professional opinions.

Unfortunately, I have yet to come up with a name for the group of people and the process.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Wow, with so many possible causes of cardiac arrest, how will we ever know which one it was?

I propose an entirely new process wherein a group of ordinary people will decide, after being fully informed by numerous experts who will be called to truthfully render their professional opinions.

Unfortunately, I have yet to come up with a name for the group of people and the process.
    "fully informed by numerous experts who will be called to truthfully render their professional opinions."

The Unicorn Chamber in Fantasyland?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

What was his O2 saturation level?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    "fully informed by numerous experts who will be called to truthfully render their professional opinions."

The Unicorn Chamber in Fantasyland?
    Well, your other option is a nice, cozy place online where people tell you lies that conveniently align with your preconceived beliefs.
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    What was his O2 saturation level?
    Pinochet is the model

Should this unnamed group of ordinary people be unbiased? Should they perhaps be selected from a location other than the very city of the incident that resulted in nationwide protests and riots? Would that be fair?

Fentanyl is an opioid. Opioid overdose can cause breathing difficulties and death (https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-s...pioid-overdose). Even my father-in-law, who was a pharmacist, proclaimed just that when this became national news, so it isn't obscure knowledge to people who are familiar with opioids.

Also, there is video evidence of George Floyd stating that he can't breathe while he was being placed into the back of the police vehicle, well before Chauvin pinned him to the ground. Negligent homicide would have been a more reasonable charge against Chauvin, since it could be argued that he had a duty of care when he detained Floyd, particularly since Floyd stated that he could not breath. Regardless of the verdict, the trial wasn't fair, so the outcome is tainted no matter what.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Chauvin stabbed 22 times by former FBI informant, gang member

Charges: Derek Chauvin stabbed 22 times in prison by former FBI informant, gang member
    By Anthony Gockowski - December 1, 2023

Former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was stabbed 22 times in a Tucson, Ariz., prison Nov. 24, according to federal charges filed Friday.

John Turscak, 52, faces charges of attempted murder, assault with intent to commit murder, assault with a dangerous weapon, and assault resulting in serious bodily injury.

The complaint states Chauvin was in the federal prison’s law library around 12:30 p.m. local time when another inmate, Turscak, attacked Chauvin with an improvised knife, stabbing him 22 times. The attack took place at the Federal Correctional Institution-Tucson, where Chauvin is serving concurrently his 22½-year state murder sentence and 21-year federal sentence on civil rights charges in connection to the death of George Floyd.

Corrections officers immediately responded to the assault and deployed pepper-spray to subdue Turscak, who told the responding officers that he would have killed Chauvin if they hadn’t responded so quickly...

...“After getting a call from Derek and hearing how it happened and how there was no one around and that Derek tried to fight him off, but at every turn he would get stabbed again and what this guy did, I’m wondering how something like this could even happen. Where were the guards?” Chauvin’s mother, Carolyn Pawlenty, told Alpha News Friday.

“I’m in a state of shock that it happened. How safe is he now? Where are they going to put him where he is ever going to be safe again? I will not ever give up on getting the truth out. I am outraged, angry and shocked,” she said. “Thank God he’s alive.”

(more) https://alphanews.org/charges-derek-...nt-gang-member

It keeps happening because people keep paying government to do this $#@!.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...25238395257006

Out of date meme...

If you want to be an attack dog for psychopaths, you had better be prepared to be expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Out of date meme...

If you want to be an attack dog for psychopaths, you had better be prepared to be expendable.
    Great meme!

Very expendable indeed.

It is almost like the 'gubmint is trying to tie up some loose ends using their "informant".

What are the odds that the next person that attempts to kill Chauvin will also be a former FBI informant?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

https://twitter.com/JesseBWatters/st...51119570059534

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12