Thread: Giuliani Suspended From Practicing Law in New York

Giuliani Suspended From Practicing Law in New York

A New York appellate court has suspended Giuliani's law license, finding that he "communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large in his capacity as lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump and the Trump campaign in connection with Trump’s failed effort at reelection in 2020", and that the statements "were made to improperly bolster [Giuliani's] narrative that due to widespread voter fraud, victory in the 2020 United States presidential election was stolen from his client."

Examples of the statements included claims that more absentee ballots were submitted in Pennsylvania than were distributed, despite state records showing this to be false, and claims that thousands of dead people voted in Philadelphia (sometimes said to be 8,021, but also claimed to be 30,000), including former boxing great Joe Frazier. The court noted that the state canceled Frazier's voting eligibility three months after he died in 2012. The ruling also said that Giuliani misrepresented the nature of a court case involving the election in Pennsylvania, where he made fraud-related arguments despite the fact that fraud claims were not being made.

The suspension is an "interim" one, and will be in effect as full disciplinary proceedings against him play out. The court recognized that this is a severe measure that they believe is appropriate given "an immediate threat to the public interest."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rud...cticing-law-ny

Like the old saying goes, when you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Giuliani made a name for himself going after "organized crime." I guess he didn't realize he was going after the minor league and the bigs were still out there.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Giuliani made a name for himself going after "organized crime." I guess he didn't realize he was going after the minor league and the bigs were still out there.
    One of the best lines from Godfather 3:
    Michael to Vincent
    "All my life I kept trying to go up in society. Where everything higher up was legal. But the higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

By a judicial panel of all Democrats. Go figure.

Licensing = The Enemy of Liberty

Lawyers are responsible for citing evidence from sworn affidavits?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He'll be vindicated when it comes to be that areas like Fulton Co. GA don't have ballot images to present. That's why they're fighting against a Georgia audit right now, they're required to keep ballots on file for something like 22 months after an election, and they simply don't have those ballots.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Welcome to Soviet Amerika, comrades.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I couldn't care less what happens to that guy. He's as much a product of the corruption as he is a victim.

He bumbled and fumbled the entire election fiasco.

And let's not forget this:
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Rudy's dad, Harold Giuliani, was convicted of felony assault and robbery, serving time in Sing Sing.
    After his release he worked as an enforcer for his brother-in-law Leo D'Avanzo, who ran a loan sharking and gambling operation at Vincent’s Restaurant.

In another strange twist, Rudy Giuliani visited the Chabad-Lubavitch Rebbe, Menachem Mendel Schneerson, seeking his blessing and endorsement: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudy_Giulian
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Oh nooooooooo
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Lawyers are responsible for citing evidence from sworn affidavits?
    At the point that you're citing secret information about the ghost of Hugo Chavez told to you in an email from a mechanic who failed out of military intelligence training, maybe add a little caveat before presenting it as the truth.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

This is bad . The Count now has no legal representation.
    Do something Danke