Thread: Raiders' Carl Nassib Becomes First NFL Player to Come Out As Gay

Raiders' Carl Nassib Becomes First NFL Player to Come Out As Gay

Though this historic milestone occured during Biden term, most of credit would go to Obama-Trump for preparing the ground work that made this possible. Knowing low energ Biden,he probably won't even celeberate or tweet about this.

This news involving a high contact sport could also spark conversation on mingling among people of different lifestyles/genders currently not widely allowed in some other sports.

Raiders’ Carl Nassib Announces He’s Gay, an N.F.L. First

The Raiders defensive lineman came out in a statement posted to his Instagram account on Monday, becoming the first active player in the league to publicly identify as gay.

Carl Nassib Becomes First Openly Gay Active N.F.L. Player

The Raiders defensive lineman came out in a video posted on social media and said he would donate $100,000 to the Trevor Project, a nonprofit dedicated to suicide prevention efforts for L.G.B.T.Q. youth.

By Ken Belson
    June 21, 2021

On Monday, Raiders defensive lineman Carl Nassib became the first active N.F.L. player to publicly declare that he is gay.
    “I just want to take a quick moment to say that I’m gay,” Nassib said in a video posted to his Instagram account. “Sadly, I have agonized over this moment for the last 15 years,” he wrote in the same post.
    Nassib, a five-year N.F.L. veteran who previously played with the Cleveland Browns and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, said he was finally “comfortable getting it off my chest.”
    Nassib, 28, thanked his coaches, teammates and the N.F.L. for their support.
    “I would not be able to do this without them,” he wrote in his Instagram post.

nytimes.com/2021/06/21/sports/football/carl-nassib-gay-nfl.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Romans

1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools...

1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I stopped watching pro sports decades ago.

The only thing I watch is the World Cup every four years.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

The First Trans Olympian.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Though this historic milestone occured during Biden term, most of credit would go to Obama-Trump for preparing the ground work that made this possible. Knowing low energ Biden,he probably won't even celeberate or tweet about this.

This news involving a high contact sport could also spark conversation on mingling among people of different lifestyles/genders currently not widely allowed in some other sports.

Raiders’ Carl Nassib Announces He’s Gay, an N.F.L. First

The Raiders defensive lineman came out in a statement posted to his Instagram account on Monday, becoming the first active player in the league to publicly identify as gay.

Carl Nassib Becomes First Openly Gay Active N.F.L. Player

The Raiders defensive lineman came out in a video posted on social media and said he would donate $100,000 to the Trevor Project, a nonprofit dedicated to suicide prevention efforts for L.G.B.T.Q. youth.

By Ken Belson
    June 21, 2021

On Monday, Raiders defensive lineman Carl Nassib became the first active N.F.L. player to publicly declare that he is gay.
    “I just want to take a quick moment to say that I’m gay,” Nassib said in a video posted to his Instagram account. “Sadly, I have agonized over this moment for the last 15 years,” he wrote in the same post.
    Nassib, a five-year N.F.L. veteran who previously played with the Cleveland Browns and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, said he was finally “comfortable getting it off my chest.”
    Nassib, 28, thanked his coaches, teammates and the N.F.L. for their support.
    “I would not be able to do this without them,” he wrote in his Instagram post.

nytimes.com/2021/06/21/sports/football/carl-nassib-gay-nfl.html
    Curious, why is there a picture of the Titans when Nassib plays for the Raiders?

In other news:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...?ocid=msedgntp

Olympic athlete vows to win medal in order to 'burn a US flag on the podium'
    Michael Lee 8 hrs ago

BMX freestyle Olympian Chelsea Wolfe said it was her goal to win a medal in the Tokyo Olympics so she could “burn a US flag on the podium."

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Curious, why is there a picture of the Titans when Nassib plays for the Raiders?
    This story is NFL significant even though Raiders also made history at the same time. This is a milestone for professsional football that is marketed as an ultra masculine sport. Players keep moving around in NFL teams.

Although Drudge coverage seems bit too dramatic:

GAY IN NFL
    NASSIB FIRST OUT

Incidentally, Titans stood up for LGBTQ rights during Trump term and an ex Titan NFL player came out during Obama term.

The Tennessee Titans have come out against anti-LGBTQ state legislation
    Apr 29, 2019
    That the Titans released this statement while also hosting the NFL Draft heightens the power of the team’s message.

It’s amazing how many things you can relate to Trump. All roads lead to Trump, right?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This story is NFL significant even though Raiders also made history at the same time. This is a milestone for professsional football that is marketed as an ultra masculine sport. Players keep moving around in NFL teams.

Although Drudge coverage seems bit too dramatic:

Incidentally, Titans stood up for LGBTQ rights during Trump term and an ex Titan NFL player came out during Obama term.

The Tennessee Titans have come out against anti-LGBTQ state legislation
    Still does not explain why the Titans are pictured when the story relates to Nassib as a Raider.

and it is not the picture Drudge has posted either.

GAY IN NFL
    NASSIB FIRST OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It’s amazing how many things you can relate to Trump. All roads lead to Trump, right?
    Such milestones don't happen a in a vacuum, political atmosphere of an era plays a big part.
    It can be related to Obama as well but no Republican Prez has done heavier lifting to move "Christian GOP" towards a more progressive liberal mindset than Donald Trump.. to give credit where due. This is pride month and news is posted in US Politics section after all:

Pre-Trump:
    Sep 30, 2015
    Michele Bachmann Believes God Could Destroy The Nation Over Gay Marriage

Bye, America!
    LGBT Activists Hate Christianity — and Want to Destroy It

Trump admin. launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality

Trump is selling ‘LGBTQ for Trump’ T-shirts for Gay Pride month

Trump administration launches global effort to end AIDS

MAGA Rainbow Wave: Nearly 100 LGBTQ candidates claim victory in Tuesday's elections
    Nov 6, 2019

A Milestone: All Of The Walking Dead's Relationships Are Now Interracial Or LGBT
    Nov 14, 2018
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...acial-or-lgbt/

Gay Jesus in New Special Stirs Up "Cancel Netflix" Outrage
    December 26, 2019

Trump hails Bollywood film with gay romance ahead of India visit

by Madison Dibble | February 21, 2020
    President Trump welcomed the news that Bollywood is producing a film featuring gay characters.
    In a tweet Friday, Trump said it was "great” that a new romantic comedy produced in India would feature gay characters less than a year and a half after homosexuality was decriminalized in that country.
    He retweeted the announcement from Peter Tatchell, a gay rights activist, who wrote, “A new #Bollywood rom-com featuring a gay romance is hoping to win over older people, following the decriminalisation of homosexuality. Hurrah!”
    Great! https://t.co/eDf8ltInmH
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 21, 2020

Still does not explain why the Titans are pictured when the story relates to Nassib as a Raider.

and it is not the picture Drudge has posted either.

GAY IN NFL
    NASSIB FIRST OUT
    Thought that was clear from opening comment, this discussion's scope is more expansive than just NFL:

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Romans

1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
    That is from the old days, this is a new era.
    Those directives might even be 'hate speech' by today's freedoms standards.

Spoke by children every generation.

Everything changes yet everything remains the same.

That said there's something wrong with sitting for hours watching men in tights..........Unless you're a girl who gets off in that $#@!. (Or q-ueer)

Maybe that was the best picture they had with two NFL players in the foreground in that particular posture?

On a more freudian level, the resemblance of the Titans logo to flaming phalusses could also have subconsciously influenced the decision.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Such milestones don't happen a in a vacuum, political atmosphere of an era plays a big part.
    Your reference to Obama, who has been out of the WH and the news for 4 years and was more ambivalent than Trump on the gay agenda even when he did have power, was not a problem. It's still ok to blame everything on him. It's bringing up Trump, the guy who was still president 6 months ago and who is arguably the front runner to get nominated by the GOP again in 2024, that was your faux pas. It may be true that this website's mission would warrant giving Trump the same treatment here that Romney and McCain got (moreso, since they were never president). But be that as it may, there are those here, including some with a measure of sway over the administration of site policies, who won't have that.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Penn St guy ,never heard of him , considering he is going into his sixth yr and the avg nfl career is 3 1/3 seasons ( probably less for linemen ) he wont be around in five years. He has recorded 20 sacks and 143 tackles.That is a sack every four games .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    It may be true that this website's mission would warrant giving Trump the same treatment here that Romney and McCain got (moreso, since they were never president). But be that as it may, there are those here, including some with a measure of sway over the administration of site policies, who won't have that.
    When did either of them do anything substantial to end the foreign wars?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those directives might even be 'hate speech' by today's freedoms standards.
    In nations without a Bill of Rights, they are.

For most of my adult life, any opinion on this was of the most libertarian variety: no business of mine, what people do in their bedrooms is their business and so on.

In the last few years that has changed dramatically, as it became clear what the weirdosexuals end goals were:

1 - Being a front on the war of Marxist revolution.

2 - An agent of population control.

3 - The primary agent to normalize pre-pubescent pedophilia.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-22-2021 at 08:31 AM.

I think the buried lede is that the "bravery" bump in coming out is coming to an end. Its hard to call something brave when it is encouraged across nearly all aspects of a society. Saying "I'm Gay," will have no more weight than saying "I'm Joe." Is it brave to engage in the quotidian? Is it brave to brush ones teeth?

Well @Brian4Liberty, it seems all roads actually DO lead to Trump. LOL.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Romans

I borrowed a book from my church that had a verse by verse breakdown of the book of Romans....but it skipped those verses. I took it back. On the flip side conservative Christians often fail to keep reading chapter 2 verses 1 - 4.

2 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? 4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

So...everybody is under the same judgement. But that's not the end of the story. Romans 8:1-2

Romans 8:1-2 New King James Version.

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[a] do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

By the way, I will NEVER read the New International Version again after seeing what they did to that same passage. They took out "who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit."

Romans 8:1-2 is a powerful life changing verse. I've recently discovered its full potential after sharing it with someone else. You won't convert anyone with Romans 1:22-27, but Romans 8:1-2 can change lives. There's something I can't say on a public forum, but I'll send you a PM.

Something else to think about. What was the original sin that got Lucifer kicked out of heaven? Why it was pride of course. What name did they give LGBTQ+ month? Back in 2019 I saw a Christian church with a "Happy Pride Month" sign. They wouldn't dare put up a "Happy Lust Month" or "Happy Gluttony Month" sign. Our real enemy is very crafty.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Maybe that was the best picture they had with two NFL players in the foreground in that particular posture?

On a more freudian level, the resemblance of the Titans logo to flaming phalusses could also have subconsciously influenced the decision.
    Ah, I see it now. Hadn't really noticed it before. The "T" representing Testosterone and that being on fire or a flame as in flaming which has a gay reference as in to be "Flaming Gay". Thus, put together "Flaming-T", "Flaming Testosterone" = "Flaming Gay Testosterone Men".

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I borrowed a book from my church that had a verse by verse breakdown of the book of Romans....but it skipped those verses. I took it back. On the flip side conservative Christians often fail to keep reading chapter 2 verses 1 - 4.

2 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? 4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

So...everybody is under the same judgement. But that's not the end of the story. Romans 8:1-2

Romans 8:1-2 New King James Version.

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[a] do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

By the way, I will NEVER read the New International Version again after seeing what they did to that same passage. They took out "who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit."

Romans 8:1-2 is a powerful life changing verse. I've recently discovered its full potential after sharing it with someone else. You won't convert anyone with Romans 1:22-27, but Romans 8:1-2 can change lives. There's something I can't say on a public forum, but I'll send you a PM.

Something else to think about. What was the original sin that got Lucifer kicked out of heaven? Why it was pride of course. What name did they give LGBTQ+ month? Back in 2019 I saw a Christian church with a "Happy Pride Month" sign. They wouldn't dare put up a "Happy Lust Month" or "Happy Gluttony Month" sign. Our real enemy is very crafty.
    Exactly!

And, I have had a lot of good gay friends- & not one chose to be that way.

And, no, I'm not gay, so don't even go there.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I made that same point just the other day to a buddy of mine.

This was the same man who made me re-consider my distrust of Paul by explaining that I just had to view him from the point of view of what he was: a smart Jew lawyer.

And why I prefer books of the other disciples better: most of them being simple spoken fishermen.

lead you to repentance
    All of us born in sin, all of us are guilty.

You can be forgiven by God's grace, but you also must repent.

Pride and arrogance, the demands of the queeer mafia that not only do they have the absolute right to wallow in and celebrate their depravity and sin, but that all the rest of us, that see it for the "vile affection" that is, must also acknowledge and accept and celebrate it as well.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-26-2021 at 10:18 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.