Thread: [Edit: 7 shot] CA - 6 shot, 1 dead at Juneteenth mass shooting incident in Oakland

Exclamation [Edit: 7 shot] CA - 6 shot, 1 dead at Juneteenth mass shooting incident in Oakland

Six Shot, One Killed Near Juneteenth Celebration in Oakland

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2021...on-in-oakland/

Joel B. Pollak 20 Jun 2021

Six people were shot, one of whom died, on Saturday evening near a Juneteenth celebration at Oakland’s Lake Merritt.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported:

Oakland police received reports of shots fired in the 2200 block of Lakeshore Avenue at 6:22 p.m. Saturday, police said, just as roughly 1,000 people were celebrating around the lake.

The gunfire victims were five males aged 16 to 27, and one 21-year-old woman, police said.

The shooting sent hundreds of people running away from the scene. By 7:30 p.m., police had largely locked down the scene with police tape and the commotion had subsided.

Mayor Libby Schaaf condemned the shooting, saying that the “joyous occasion at our Lake Merritt was marred by a senseless act of gun violence.” Large crowds had spent the day in the area celebrating the first federally designated Juneteenth holiday.

Crime has skyrocketed in Oakland, as in other major cities, since the unrest that followed the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis, Minnesota — and the “defund the police” movement that has seen many police forces under new pressure.

“Through May 23,” the Chronicle reported on May 31, “the city had recorded 51 homicides for the year, a 132% increase compared with the same period last year and a 70% increase compared with 2019. San Francisco, across the Bay, will consider a proposal this week to cut police funds and use the money to pay for “community-led” homeless responses.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is the PSA/Emergency announcement.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I think we've seen the creation of a new annual tradition.

EMS worker shot at Juneteenth event in Raleigh
    https://abc11.com/roberts-park-junet...rker/10811137/

One dead, 4 wounded in shooting outside of Juneteenth celebration in Aurora
    https://gazette.com/news/local/one-d...ba270ca94.html

York County Sheriff’s Office investigates two separate shootings at Clover Juneteenth event
    https://www.wbtv.com/2021/06/20/york...eteenth-event/

Flint Police Shooting: Woman Shot, Officer Fired at Along Juneteenth Day Parade Route
    https://heavy.com/news/flint-police-...th-day-parade/

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Crime has skyrocketed in Oakland, as in other major cities, since the unrest that followed the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis, Minnesota — and the “defund the police” movement that has seen many police forces under new pressure.
    Fixed that for them...

Crime has skyrocketed in California, due to eliminating punishment for many crimes, and releasing and refusing to prosecute massive numbers of criminals and criminal mental patients.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Correction, make that seven...

Police confirm 7th victim in Lake Merritt shooting, in stable condition
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ion/ar-AALfgMC

The way the media reports these incidents is always interesting. Will they mention “hate crime” or “anti-xyz”? Will they use the term “mass shooting”? Will they use the term “gunman” or “gunmen”? Will they use the term “assault weapon”?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Fixed that for them...

Crime has skyrocketed in California, due to eliminating punishment for many crimes, and releasing and refusing to prosecute massive numbers of criminals and criminal mental patients.
    The concept of "crime" was created by white supremacists to oppress people of color
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The concept of "crime" was created by white supremacists to oppress people of color
    Sarcasm with a hint of truth...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The way the media reports these incidents is always interesting. Will they mention “hate crime” or “anti-xyz”? Will they use the term “mass shooting”? Will they use the term “gunman” or “gunmen”? Will they use the term “assault weapon”?
    No they will not.

And that is why I am posting these stories: to directly confront the lie that "most mass shooters are angry white men with assault rifles."

The majority of mass shootings, using the system's own definition of "mass shooting", are carried out by colored men with handguns.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Not too far off the mark.

White supremacy is what causes blacks to commit crimes.

Report to the Nation: 2019 Factbook on Hate & Extremism" was released by the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism at California State University, San Bernardino.

https://www.csusb.edu/sites/default/...%2011%20PM.pdf

The study found that homicides motivated by white supremacy have gone up by 466%, from three killings in 2016 to 13 in 2017, and 17 in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No they will not.

And that is why I am posting these stories: to directly confront the lie that "most mass shooters are angry white men with assault rifles."

The majority of mass shootings, using the system's own definition of "mass shooting", are carried out by colored men with handguns.
    Nothing says "empowerment" better than not holding someone responsible for their own actions.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I think we've seen the creation of a new annual tradition.
    Yeah. Just what we need is another holiday. How many black people were killed during MLK weekend shootouts this year?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.