Thread: GA - Atlanta suburb moves to secede from city of Atlanta

Exclamation GA - Atlanta suburb moves to secede from city of Atlanta

Atlanta Community Moves to Separate from City over Rising Crime: ‘Our Divorce Is Final’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...divorce-final/

Amy Furr 18 Jun 2021

An Atlanta community has reportedly made the decision to separate from the city in order to create its own police force, according to Bill White, who is the Buckhead City Committee CEO.

White said the decision was made as crime in Atlanta has risen, and the police are not receiving the proper funds, Fox News reported Thursday.

He told the outlet’s Bill Hemmer during an interview on America’s Newsroom he estimates about 80 percent of the community will vote in favor of the move.

“We have two bills in the Georgia legislature dropping in January to decide this referendum ballot,” White commented, adding, “We filed our divorce papers at the city of Atlanta, and our divorce is final.”

According to White, Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms’ (D) policies have emboldened criminals and disappointed the Atlanta Police Department.

“They feel demoralized, underpaid, under-recognized. They are being told basically not to fight crime in the way they would like to,” he commented.

Forty-one-year-old Andrew Worrell was shot two times recently while walking through his neighborhood, however, it was not an isolated incident because two joggers reported being shot at in the same timeframe, the Fox article read.

“We’re going to get a hold of it here in Buckhead,” White declared.

The updated Buckhead City will have its own law enforcement to zero in on lowering the crime rate.

“We’ll have our own court. We’ll have our own judge. We’ll have our own jail,” White explained. “And we are going to put the smackdown on this crime once and for all here, because the people of Buckhead have had enough.”

In May, Mayor Bottoms announced she would not seek reelection this year and published an open letter to residents, Breitbart News reported.

She said, “As Derek and I have given thoughtful prayer and consideration to the season now before us, it is with deep emotions that I hold my head high, and choose not to seek another term as Mayor.”

The Breitbart News article continued:

The past year was Atlanta’s deadliest year in over decades in terms of total homicides. The city had a 46 percent increase in homicides in late 2020 compared to the same timeframe in 2019, according to the city’s police. In March, Bottoms blamed the coronavirus outbreak for rising homicides during her tenure. She said, “Our court system effectively shut down, people lost jobs, loved ones died, and our crime began to spike.”

Meanwhile, White appeared confident the separation will give Buckhead the ability to address crime and also benefit Atlanta.

“A new Buckhead city will do a much better job and will work very well with Atlanta. We’re going to help Atlanta. We’re going to be two strong cities, prosperous and safe, we pray,” he said.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Buckhead, Atlanta. Fells Point, Baltimore. Peeps getting damned sick and tired of the bull$#@!.

Good.

37 Fells Point Businesses Threaten To Withhold City Taxes
    Following a weekend that included three shootings in Fells Point, business owners sent a letter to Baltimore lawmakers demanding services.
    https://patch.com/maryland/baltimore...old-city-taxes

I've lived near to both. Both Buckhead and Fells Point have been Progressive so long I don't know if they were any different. LMAO.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 06-19-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Secession Now.

This is self determination at its finest.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I've lived near to both. Both Buckhead and Fells Point have been Progressive so long I don't know if they were any different. LMAO.
    Bleeding heart, ignorant, short-sighted, naive and stupid. Their lunacy has caught up with them. Their chickens have come home to roost.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.