Thread: “I Don’t Know of a Bigger Story in the World” Right Now Than Ivermectin

“I Don’t Know of a Bigger Story in the World” Right Now Than Ivermectin

So why are journalists not covering it?
    Michael Capuzzo, a New York Times best-selling author , has just published an article titled “The Drug That Cracked Covid”. The 15-page article chronicles the gargantuan struggle being waged by frontline doctors on all continents to get ivermectin approved as a Covid-19 treatment, as well as the tireless efforts by reporters, media outlets and social media companies to thwart them.

Because of ivermectin, Capuzzo says, there are “hundreds of thousands, actually millions, of people around the world, from Uttar Pradesh in India to Peru to Brazil, who are living and not dying.” Yet media outlets have done all they can to “debunk” the notion that ivermectin may serve as an effective, easily accessible and affordable treatment for Covid-19. They have parroted the arguments laid out by health regulators around the world that there just isn’t enough evidence to justify its use.

For his part, Capuzzo, as a reporter, “saw with [his] own eyes the other side [of the story]” that has gone unreported, of the many patients in the US whose lives have been saved by ivermectin and of five of the doctors that have led the battle to save lives around the world, Paul Marik, Umberto Meduri, José Iglesias, Pierre Kory and Joe Varon. These are all highly decorated doctors. Through their leadership of the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care (FLCCC) Alliance, they have already enhanced our treatment of Covid-19 by discovering and promoting the use of Corticoid steroids against the virus. But their calls for ivermectin to also be used have met with a wall of resistance from healthcare regulators and a wall of silence from media outlets.

“I really wish the world could see both sides,” Capuzzo laments. But unfortunately most reporters are not interested in telling the other side of the story. Even if they were, their publishers would probably refuse to publish it.

That may explain why Capuzzo, a six-time Pulitzer-nominated journalist best known for his New York Times-bestselling nonfiction books Close to Shore and Murder Room, ended up publishing his article on ivermectin in Mountain Home, a monthly local magazine for the of the Pennsylvania mountains and New York Finger Lakes region, of which Capuzzo’s wife is the editor. It’s also the reason why I decided to dedicate today’s post to Capuzzo’s article. Put simply, as many people as possible –particularly journalists — need to read his story.

As Capuzzo himself says, “I don’t know of a bigger story in the world.”
    https://anti-empire.com/i-dont-know-...elling-author/

Link to Capuzzo's article....

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-c...el-Capuzzo.pdf

Related...http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...rmectin-(READ)
    Last edited by phill4paul; 06-19-2021 at 12:26 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    If this is true, could be much bigger story than the Hydroxychloroquine coronavirus therapy story that took America by storm around mid point of almost year long Pence-Trump led White House briefings journey last year.
    A hell of a lot of lives were lost because 'teh science' said there was no treatment and we must rush a vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    A hell of a lot of lives were lost because 'teh science' said there was no treatment and we must rush a vaccine.
    That's a bit unfair to our national leaders who worked tirelessly to push for Vaccine and lockdowns that may have saved countless lives:

"If I wasn't President, you wouldn't have a vaccine for 5 years"
    "I pushed the FDA and companies and everybody else like nobody's been pushed before"
    "They call it a Medical Miracle"

If we didn’t do it, the minimum we would have lost was a million two, a million four, a million five, that’s the minimum. We would have lost probably higher, it’s possible higher than 2.2.

Trump: Vax a "Medical Miracle" -"I pushed the FDA Like Nobody's Been Pushed Before"

That's a bit unfair to our national leaders who worked tirelessly to push for Vaccine and lockdowns that may have saved countless lives:

"If I wasn't President, you wouldn't have a vaccine for 5 years"
    "I pushed the FDA and companies and everybody else like nobody's been pushed before"
    "They call it a Medical Miracle"

If we didn’t do it, the minimum we would have lost was a million two, a million four, a million five, that’s the minimum. We would have lost probably higher, it’s possible higher than 2.2.

Trump: Vax a "Medical Miracle" -"I pushed the FDA Like Nobody's Been Pushed Before"
    National leaders were snowed by Big Pharma and 'teh science' just like 99% of Americans. Thank Dr. Fouchie and those of his ilk.

National leaders were snowed by Big Pharma and 'teh science' just like 99% of Americans. Thank Dr. Fouchie and those of his ilk.
    Historians will be studying for decades what happened in 2019-20.
    Posted elsewhere on the forum:

"all those who did 3D on a sitting powerful POTUS should be held accountable. If all this can happen to a 3D Chess master GOP Prez, imagine what could happen to an average intelligence politician/Prez who may try to MAGA in future?"

Nurses were advising family members to use Ivermectin prophylactically.

Professionally they couldn't and remain licensed.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Nurses were advising family members to use Ivermectin prophylactically.

Professionally they couldn't and remain licensed.
    Our own @Intoxiklown let us know about it in this thread... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...rmectin-(READ)

How many lives could have been saved? Like the Tootsie Roll question the 'world may never know.' If Ivermectin had been used along w/ hydroxycloriquin would a shut down or vaccine even been needed?

And yet FAKE NEWS is still out there with their bull$#@!...

Trump falsely tells Fox News that he was 100% correct about was the power of hydroxychloroquine

https://www.salon.com/2021/06/17/tru...quine_partner/
    Last edited by phill4paul; 06-19-2021 at 02:54 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you already got COVID you still need the vaccine, because science
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

i am on it.
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

You can get it at tractor supply or most farm and rural hardware stores. It's called horse paste, but its ok, same drug. It comes in a tube with markings for dosage by weight. You don't have to be exact, it's not something you can easily overdose. Our whole family has used it for other conditions besides covid and it works great.

Historians will be studying for decades what happened in 2019-20.
    Naw.. Idiots will be debating it.

TRUMP HAD NOTHING to do with it beyond YOUR ONGOING Obsession with Trump..(or was it Obama)

He bragged of a solution to a problem that did not exist,, a problem created by the media and Liars.

As the Head "Talking head" at the time he bragged about a solution presented by the same people who created the Problem..

And you focus on the NOBODY rather than those guiltily of the Fraud//

Typical Troll.
    You posses a total lack of intelligent observation.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	184E7E2F-CF07-4C3C-B097-3150B343059A.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	8242

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F5432632-715E-496D-B596-EC23A8E4F82A.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	8243
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

A five-day course of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 may reduce the duration of illness

Abstract

Ivermectin, a US Food and Drug Administration-approved anti-parasitic agent, was found to inhibit severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) replication in vitro. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial was conducted to determine the rapidity of viral clearance and safety of ivermectin among adult SARS-CoV-2 patients. The trial included 72 hospitalized patients in Dhaka, Bangladesh, who were assigned to one of three groups: oral ivermectin alone (12 mg once daily for 5 days), oral ivermectin in combination with doxycycline (12 mg ivermectin single dose and 200 mg doxycycline on day 1, followed by 100 mg every 12 h for the next 4 days), and a placebo control group. Clinical symptoms of fever, cough, and sore throat were comparable among the three groups. Virological clearance was earlier in the 5-day ivermectin treatment arm when compared to the placebo group (9.7 days vs 12.7 days; p = 0.02), but this was not the case for the ivermectin + doxycycline arm (11.5 days; p = 0.27). There were no severe adverse drug events recorded in the study. A 5-day course of ivermectin was found to be safe and effective in treating adult patients with mild COVID-19. Larger trials will be needed to confirm these preliminary findings.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33278625/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Effects of Ivermectin in Patients With COVID-19: A Multicenter, Double-Blind, Randomized, Controlled Clinical Trial

Abstract

Purpose: Given the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, there is a global urgency to discover an effective treatment for patients withthis disease. This study aimed to evaluate the effects of the widely used antiparasitic drug ivermectin on outcomes in patients with COVID-19.

Methods: In this randomized, double-blind clinical trial, patients with COVID-19 admitted to 2 referral tertiary hospitals in Mazandaran, Iran, were randomly divided into 2 groups: intervention and control. In addition to standard treatment for COVID-19, the intervention group received a single weight-based dose (0.2 mg/kg) of ivermectin; the control group received the standard of care. Demographic, clinical, laboratory, and imaging data from participants were recorded at baseline. Patients were assessed daily for symptoms and disease progression. The primary clinical outcome measures were the durations of hospital stay, fever, dyspnea, and cough; and overall clinical improvement.

Findings: Sixty-nine patients were enrolled (mean [SD] ages: ivermectin, 47.63 [22.20] years; control, 45.18 [23.11] years; P = 0.65). Eighteen patients (51.4%) in the ivermectin group and 18 (52.9%) in control group were male (P = 0.90). The mean durations of dyspnea were 2.6 (0.4) days in the ivermectin group and 3.8 (0.4) days in the control group (P = 0.048). Also, persistent cough lasted for 3.1 (0.4) days in the ivermectin group compared to 4.8 (0.4) days in control group (PP = 0.019). The mean durations of hospital stay were 7.1 (0.5) days versus 8.4 (0.6) days in the ivermectin and control groups, respectively (P = 0.016). Also, the frequency of lymphopenia decreased to 14.3% in the ivermectin group and did not change in the control group (P = 0.007).

Implications: A single dose of ivermectin was well-tolerated in symptomatic patients with COVID-19, and important clinical features of COVID-19 were improved with ivermectin use, including dyspnea, cough, and lymphopenia. Further studies with larger sample sizes, different drug dosages, dosing intervals and durations, especially in different stages of the disease, may be useful in understanding the potential clinical benefits ivermectin.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34052007/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 Infection: A Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, and Trial Sequential Analysis to Inform Clinical Guidelines

Abstract

Background: Repurposed medicines may have a role against the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The antiparasitic ivermectin, with antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties, has now been tested in numerous clinical trials.

Areas of uncertainty: We assessed the efficacy of ivermectin treatment in reducing mortality, in secondary outcomes, and in chemoprophylaxis, among people with, or at high risk of, COVID-19 infection.

Data sources: We searched bibliographic databases up to April 25, 2021. Two review authors sifted for studies, extracted data, and assessed risk of bias. Meta-analyses were conducted and certainty of the evidence was assessed using the GRADE approach and additionally in trial sequential analyses for mortality. Twenty-four randomized controlled trials involving 3406 participants met review inclusion.

Therapeutic advances: Meta-analysis of 15 trials found that ivermectin reduced risk of death compared with no ivermectin (average risk ratio 0.38, 95% confidence interval 0.19-0.73; n = 2438; I2 = 49%; moderate-certainty evidence). This result was confirmed in a trial sequential analysis using the same DerSimonian-Laird method that underpinned the unadjusted analysis. This was also robust against a trial sequential analysis using the Biggerstaff-Tweedie method. Low-certainty evidence found that ivermectin prophylaxis reduced COVID-19 infection by an average 86% (95% confidence interval 79%-91%). Secondary outcomes provided less certain evidence. Low-certainty evidence suggested that there may be no benefit with ivermectin for "need for mechanical ventilation," whereas effect estimates for "improvement" and "deterioration" clearly favored ivermectin use. Severe adverse events were rare among treatment trials and evidence of no difference was assessed as low certainty. Evidence on other secondary outcomes was very low certainty.

Conclusions: Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34145166/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://anti-empire.com/i-dont-know-...elling-author/

Because of ivermectin, Capuzzo says, there are “hundreds of thousands, actually millions, of people around the world, from Uttar Pradesh in India to Peru to Brazil, who are living and not dying.” Yet media outlets have done all they can to “debunk” the notion that ivermectin may serve as an effective, easily accessible and affordable treatment for Covid-19. They have parroted the arguments laid out by health regulators around the world that there just isn’t enough evidence to justify its use.
    Link to Capuzzo's article....

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-c...el-Capuzzo.pdf

Related...http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...rmectin-(READ)
    It's the Fauci two step. Downplay treatments that aren't patentable by saying "There just isn't enough data" then swear that vaccines that aren't even a year old are "proven safe and effective."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    It's the Fauci two step. Downplay treatments that aren't patentable by saying "There just isn't enough data" then swear that vaccines that aren't even a year old are "proven safe and effective."
    The medical-pharma-government complex, which Fauci is the spokesman for, were more than happy to push treatments like Remdesivir that had clinically shown itself to do no good. They also pushed the monoclonal antibodies, which did help. But they were both patented and produced by favored cronies in the medical-pharma-government complex. Follow the money there.

In fairness to the medical complex, they did finally find a cheap and effective treatment by using steroids. It didn't get much press, but it helped a lot. We can be thankful that Trump didn't mention steroids, so it didn't become political.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    *gasp* What? You're actually reading science studies for yourself? Don't you trust the Fauci....I mean the science?
    Fauci is a liar and a slimy crony corporatist.

The medical-pharma-government complex, which Fauci is the spokesman for, were more than happy to push treatments like Remdesivir that had clinically shown itself to do no good. They also pushed the monoclonal antibodies, which did help. But they were both patented and produced by favored cronies in the medical-pharma-government complex. Follow the money there.

In fairness to the medical complex, they did finally find a cheap and effective treatment by using steroids. It didn't get much press, but it helped a lot. We can be thankful that Trump didn't mention steroids, so it didn't become political.
    That is sad but true.