Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guys, do NOT use fake names.

Quote Originally Posted by xexkxex View Post
    Then go get confirmation wise ass....

There is still no reason not to use your real name....

.....but hey....do what you want to kid....it's your ass....

You want to take a risk for a stupid 10 second joke????

What kind of moron would do that????

You know what...I'm done with this.....if this simple concept of honesty escapes people..then fnck it....
    It's no more fraudulent than using "xexkxex" instead of your real name.
    The CC info is honest and no contracts were broken.
    If it were that important, it would autofill the name with the CC info.
    No more Mr. Bad guy

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abobo View Post
    Screw the FEC. Use pre-paid debit gift cards bought in cash and donate with whatever name you want.
    Screw the FEC? Sorry, but elections don't work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice View Post
    It's no more fraudulent than using "xexkxex" instead of your real name.
    The CC info is honest and no contracts were broken.
    If it were that important, it would autofill the name with the CC info.
    What ever kid.... You are comparing my message board name to this...lol.....You already failed.

when you have to check a box confirming that all info is truthful....be sure it is....

There is NO reason to do it....FAIL.
    Last edited by xexkxex; 12-16-2007 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    OK so some bull$#@! names at 3:32am....BFD! Worry about that stuff during the middle of the day. I doubt anybody really gives a rats ass about names until a dispute from the credit card company (like the scammers did) comes in and obviously those names aren't scammers. Let the people have a little fun with it.

Its a Tea Party! Do you think the men that threw the tea overboard cared about anything but liberating this country?
    Actually the guys running the tea party had very strict rules that it be entirely professional, just throwing the tea off of the boat.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We told you - the FEC info is the credit card auth info - where you have to use your real name.
    The contact info for the widget is not part of the database that will go to the FEC.
    HQ can confirm this.
    The address, at the very least, is used when filing the FEC stuff:

Federal law requires we report the name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employer for contributions of more than $200.00 per election cycle.
    I would think the name on the left is what gets filed as well. The stuff on the right is just to make the credit card transaction.

What ever kid.... You are comparing my message board name to this...lol.....You already failed.
    your expert opinion will be pocketed in my heart forever
    No more Mr. Bad guy

I made my donation only $25 for the "fake" one.
    No more Mr. Bad guy

I have to agree. I'm starting to wonder if most of Ron Paul's base is a bunch of college kids sitting around in dorm rooms getting high and goofing off on the internet. The entire point of a money bomb is to impress people outside of the circle of Ron Paul supporters and convey an appearance of political strength and serious support, not to amuse ourselves with practical jokes that most people will fail to see the humor in and might get the campaign in trouble.
    Last edited by ErikBlack; 12-16-2007 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanehand View Post
    DON'T DO IT.

* The media WILL twist this into yet another negative issue.
    Breaking news on the Ron Paul campaign! This just in. Ron Paul raised 12 million dollars on sunday but received 17 total donations from people named Hillary Clinton, Ben Bernanke, and Rudy Giuliani! How terrible are these Ron Paul supporters to forge these names on 12 donations out of 85,000 donations? Shame on you.

Gimme a break.

I agree to use real names but scolding people for a VERY minor bit of fun isn't cool. Hasnt Ron himself said repeatedly "Have FUN with this campaign!"?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

The word of these fake names is already out. There are submissions on Digg.com with screenshots and headlines saying "Rudy donates to Ron Paul"

This is not a good thing. Use your real name.

your expert opinion will be pocketed in my heart forever
    What?? Is that suppose to mean something...where is the logical reasoning behind making the fake donation that I was expecting....was I expecting too much???

I made my donation only $25 for the "fake" one.
    So you are just mad because I didn't think your immature joke was worth the risk and am now calling you on it? Is that why you are upset?

....I don't care if you did it.

All I ask is for people to not encourage it out of common sense...

....there is logical reason to do it....based on the possible risk involved...

Give it up kid.

The word of these fake names is already out. There are submissions on Digg.com with screenshots and headlines saying "Rudy donates to Ron Paul"

This is not a good thing. Use your real name.
    Case and Point.

Why would anyone want to hide behind a silly name?

I feel using a fake name is childish.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am calling for a full Congressional Investigation of Tea Party '07! I want this to be on every major news network in the world, 24/7! I want Nancy Grace to be all over this! Someone has to get to the bottom of this! I know my rights!
    Abolish the Privately Owned Federal Reserve Bank Corporation!
    How many more times are we going to let them screw up our economy?

This is a tiny issue. You act as if some Redstate blogger spewing crap about "Hillary Clinton donating on Dec 16" will spell the end of this campaign. Relax.

GOOD POINT TO THE POST ABOVE MINE! IF YOU POST ABOUT IT AND HARP ON IT THEN YOU ARE JUST PROMOTING IT! Leave it alone.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Some of you don't get it yet - DONATIONS UNDER FALSE NAMES MAY LATER BE VOIDED.

See the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by tttar View Post
    Some of you don't get it yet - DONATIONS UNDER FALSE NAMES MAY LATER BE VOIDED.

See the problem?
    Actually no I dont. One disputed donation out of 1000 isn't a major concern since people that are dropping big bucks will put in their real name. The $1 donation with a fake name won't affect anything in reality.

....this is a lost cause...
    Last edited by xexkxex; 12-16-2007 at 03:15 AM.

Show me were in the constitution it gives the FEC authority to force you to disclose your name.
    “It is in war that the State really comes into its own: swelling in power, in number, in pride, in absolute dominion over the economy and the society.” -- Murray Rothbard

Some of us are just pessimistic, considering the media's past behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    This is a tiny issue. You act as if some Redstate blogger spewing crap about "Hillary Clinton donating on Dec 16" will spell the end of this campaign. Relax.
    Do you really want me to count how many tiny issues the media has used against Ron Paul?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What?? Is that suppose to mean something...where is the logical reasoning behind making the fake donation that I was expecting....was I expecting too much???

So you are just mad because I didn't think your immature joke was worth the risk and am now calling you on it? Is that why you are upset?

....I don't care if you did it.

All I ask is for people to not encourage it out of common sense...

....there is logical reason to do it....based on the possible risk involved...

Give it up kid.
    Don't patronize me, you pompous $#@!.
    "There is no logical reason to do it" - maybe from your arrogant soulless perception of life.
    No more Mr. Bad guy

Don't patronize me, you pompous $#@!.
    "There is no logical reason to do it" - maybe from your arrogant perception of life.
    Still no logic...just more insults...nice.

Fail.
    Last edited by xexkxex; 12-16-2007 at 03:21 AM.

Do you really want me to count how many tiny issues the media has used against Ron Paul?
    Go for it! Do you think it's made a difference? Hasn't RP raised nearly a million dollars in the last 4.5 hours? This type of complaining is piddly and serves no purpose.

EDIT: Watch out for people trying to cause a disturbance. I worry about people like that much more than one guy who donates $10 and puts "George Washington" as his name.

Well

I did just see that Jesus Christ donated to Ron Paul

looks like he's switched from Huckabee to RP.
    "He's Catching on I'm Telling Ya"

We told you - the FEC info is the credit card auth info - where you have to use your real name.
    The contact info for the widget is not part of the database that will go to the FEC.
    HQ can confirm this.
    Based on the data collection required of registered committees by the Federal Elections Commission, I think it more likely that all of the information on the left side goes into end of quarter reports. There is always a delay between the end of quarter and the actual reporting which I interpret as meaning the campaign staff has to verify the data to some extent. Based on that it's possible that donations submitted under names not matching the credit card info are among those that are returned. On the other hand, the opposite is also possible.

It seems to me this issue arises only because the Ron Paul campaign publishes a live feed of many donor names regardless (apparently) of donation size. Whereas the government only requires that the names of donors giving a total of $200 be published. (Obviously fewer people are likely to donate $200 using a joke name.)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDHC View Post
    yea, i just saw a donation from someone named "I AM SUPER AWESOME"

real names > i am super awesome

I just saw JESUS CHRIST too...

and he lives in California of all places.

100's of fake names with the help of digg articles popping up will be sure to do damage to the campaign....

.....good job guys.... FAIL

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacrosseus View Post
    I just saw JESUS CHRIST too...

and he lives in California of all places.
    Screen Cap or it didn't happen.

100's of fake names with the help of digg articles popping up will be sure to do damage to the campaign....

.....good job guys.... FAIL
    Having Jesus Christ donating to Ron Paul will certainly hurt the campaign. Anyone who tries to "digg" that story will look like a fool.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast