Thread: Juneteenth new National Holiday

Juneteenth new National Holiday

Like everyone else I know, I heard of it for the first time ever just last year... and I have a M.A.

I am warming up to it a little, but worry about Reparations coming next.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They made it a federal holiday, not a national holiday. Only the government and banks will observe this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    They made it a federal holiday, not a national holiday. Only the government and banks will observe this.
    A new paid holiday only for government workers (and Congress, of course)?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

What about the Tax Slaves?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Another pd holiday for govt workers ( courthouse and postal), just what this country needed. $#@!s.
    Do something Danke

I recall going to Juneteenth celebrations when I was younger in the Bay Area. Mostly it was just food carts and bootlegged t shirts. Republicans don't have the sack to stand up to cultural sieges like this. They don't even have the wherewithal to know that's what's happening.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

The name is gay though.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I recall going to Juneteenth celebrations when I was younger in the Bay Area. Mostly it was just food carts and bootlegged t shirts. Republicans don't have the sack to stand up to cultural sieges like this. They don't even have the wherewithal to know that's what's happening.
    +rep truth bomb
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Whats the difference? There are places and jobs that remain open on national holiday like July 4, or thanksgiving/christmas. I see some news stories calling it a national holiday, others Federal. The text of the bill doesn't use those terms. The bill says "LEGAL PUBLIC HOLIDAY"

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...%5D%7D&r=1&s=2

https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-5...day%20in%20May.

https://wrrv.com/difference-between-...ay-whats-open/

A holiday to celebrate northern white men that ended slavery, another holiday to celebrate Republican Abraham Lincoln.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post

A holiday to celebrate northern white men that ended slavery, another holiday to celebrate Republican Abraham Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    What about the Tax Slaves?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Reminds me of the good old days, when black culture had a positive influence on the world

Perhaps just once a year, on June 19, we can set aside the rap music, the Beyonce, wap bull$#@!,

And just remember the good old days, when everything was good and wholesome
    Last edited by TheTexan; 06-17-2021 at 06:22 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

It's really amazing how far black culture has fallen since slavery was ended.

I'm not saying we should bring back slavery, I'm just saying it's worth thinking about
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

I'm not saying we should bring back slavery, I'm just saying it's worth thinking about
    Maybe if the democrats stopped keeping them locked up in ghettos and controlling their lives with cradle to grave entitlements that wouldn't have happened.

Another strong play play by Biden on woke front:

Biden got down on one knee to welcome the 94-year-old 'grandmother' of Juneteenth to the White House

Eliza Relman

Opal Lee (2nd L), the activist known as the grandmother of Juneteenth, US Vice President Kamala Harris look on as US President Joe Biden gives a pen to US Congresswoman Barbara Lee (L) after signing the Juneteenth National Independence Day Act.

• President Joe Biden delivered a special greeting on Thursday to Opal Lee, a 94-year-old Texas activist.
    • In 2016, Lee marched 1,400 miles from Fort Worth, Texas, to DC to advocate for making Juneteenth a federal holiday.
    • Biden officially made Juneteenth a national holiday, signing the bill into law with Lee by his side.

44 paid days off per year. It's a good gig if ya can get it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Another strong play play by Biden on woke front:

Biden got down on one knee to welcome the 94-year-old 'grandmother' of Juneteenth to the White House

Eliza Relman

Opal Lee (2nd L), the activist known as the grandmother of Juneteenth, US Vice President Kamala Harris look on as US President Joe Biden gives a pen to US Congresswoman Barbara Lee (L) after signing the Juneteenth National Independence Day Act.

• President Joe Biden delivered a special greeting on Thursday to Opal Lee, a 94-year-old Texas activist.
    • In 2016, Lee marched 1,400 miles from Fort Worth, Texas, to DC to advocate for making Juneteenth a federal holiday.
    • Biden officially made Juneteenth a national holiday, signing the bill into law with Lee by his side.
    Not acceptable.

He did kiss and wash her feet as well.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Not acceptable.

He did kiss and wash her feet as well.
    OK sure that seems within the realm of normal
    - Kim Kardashian

Two of the crowning artistic achievements of black culture came much later -- the blues and jazz. Sure, they had roots in pre-emancipation times, but they were perfected leter on. Without them, there's no rock and roll.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Two of the crowning artistic achievements of black culture came much later -- the blues and jazz. Sure, they had roots in pre-emancipation times, but they were perfected leter on. Without them, there's no rock and roll.
    And none of that would have happened, without slavery.

You're welcome.
    - Kim Kardashian

Making June 19 a holiday displays a woeful ignorance of history, or at least a willingness to ignore it. Slavery didn't end until the 13th Amerndment was ratified on December 6, 1865, since the Emancipation Proclamation freed slaves only in the states that were in rebellion against the Union.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

And none of that would have happened, without slavery.

You're welcome.
    I was referring to your claim that black culture has fallen since slavery. To the contrary, the blues and jazz that came later (especially jazz) are in no way a decline of black culture; they are huge advances. You might as well say that the Renaissance wasn't an improvement because people were already painting, sculpting, and writing.

Moreover, how many blacks could read or write during slavery? Will you dismiss all of the literature created by blacks after emancipation as if they added nothing to black culture?
    Erwin N. Griswold

Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    I was referring to your claim that black culture has fallen since slavery. To the contrary, the blues and jazz that came later (especially jazz) are in no way a decline of black culture; they are huge advances. You might as well say that the Renaissance wasn't an improvement because people were already painting, sculpting, and writing.

Moreover, how many blacks could read or write during slavery? Will you dismiss all of the literature created by blacks after emancipation as if they added nothing to black culture?
    Blues and jazz are directly related to spiritual/gospel music. Rap? Much less so. Your argument has no merit.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 06-18-2021 at 08:54 AM.
    - Kim Kardashian

The war ended 150 years ago. Get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    The war ended 150 years ago. Get over it.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/11...edgdhp&pc=W022

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Eleven U.S. mayors — from Los Angeles to tiny Tullahassee, Oklahoma — have pledged to pay reparations for slavery to a small group of Black residents in their cities, saying their aim is to set an example for the federal government on how a nationwide program could work.

The mayors had no details on how much it would cost, who would pay for it or how people would be chosen. All of those details would be worked out with the help of local commissions comprised of representatives from Black-led organizations set up to advise the mayor of each city. But the mayors say they are committed to paying reparations instead of just talking about them.

https://moremayors.org/

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Only 2% of Southern whites owned slaves.
    But yeah blame whitey for everything.

How many more days do Fed. Gov. tax slaves need to cough up to the entitled class?

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Whats the difference? There are places and jobs that remain open on national holiday like July 4, or thanksgiving/christmas. I see some news stories calling it a national holiday, others Federal. The text of the bill doesn't use those terms. The bill says "LEGAL PUBLIC HOLIDAY"

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...%5D%7D&r=1&s=2

https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-5...day%20in%20May.

https://wrrv.com/difference-between-...ay-whats-open/

Except that the last state to frre their slaves was Delaware in December of 1865, but why let facts disrupt the fun.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Only 2% of Southern whites owned slaves.
    But yeah blame whitey for everything.
    Yea, I tell people this all of the time when the subject arises and everyone's jaw hits the floor in utter disbelief.
    And then I sit there and follow up with something like "yea, see? this whole idea that all whites owned slaves is ridiculous. Most whites were too poor to afford slaves!"
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!