Thread: Unanimous SCOTUS: Catholic Adoption Agency Can Exclude LGBT

Unanimous SCOTUS: Catholic Adoption Agency Can Exclude LGBT

The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.

Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

“The Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment, applicable to the States under the Fourteenth Amendment, provides that ‘Congress shall make no law . . . prohibiting the free exercise’ of religion,” Roberts wrote.
    More...https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/supr...t-couples.html

Very surprised that this was unanimous.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    More...https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/supr...t-couples.html

Very surprised that this was unanimous.
    Decision not too surprising though, not just because majority of SCOTUS Judges, POTUS, Speaker of House are Catholic and Biden being relatively a "conservative" Prez compared to recent Dem/GOP Presidnts nudges political culture to an extent.

Today, six of the nine justices are Catholic — if you count Neil Gorsuch, who was raised Catholic and has attended an Episcopal Church. The other three are Jewish
    Jul 7, 2018
    NPR

But this ruling in the middle of Pride Month is slightly stunning.

Pope owns U.S. behind the scenes... they will say.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    ...Very surprised that this was unanimous.
    Taking into account the Obamacare ruling, there may be some horse trading going on in the Supreme Court...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Decision not too surprising though, not just because majority of SCOTUS Judges, POTUS, Speaker of House are Catholic and Biden being relatively a "conservative" Prez compared to recent Dem/GOP Presidnts nudges political culture to an extent.

But this ruling in the middle of Pride Month is slightly stunning.
    The non-Catholic judges probably didn't want it to break down by religious lines, as much as some of them may have wanted to write a dissenting opinion. Not worth the horse trading capital to dissent on this particular case. Save it for something more important or tie breaker situations.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Under this ruling, does an adoption agency have to be religious to exclude gays?

Or does being religious grant additional anti-gay privileges ?

I really want to hate gay people, but I don't want to have to become religious to do it.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 06-17-2021 at 02:44 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Under this ruling, does an adoption agency have to be religious to exclude gays?

Or does being religious grant additional anti-gay privileges ?

I really want to hate gay people, but I don't want to have to become religious to do it.
    So in other words you are afraid of gay people because hatred is rooted in fear. I feel sorry for gay people because I know something is wrong with them and they are not going to get the help they need to over come it. It is really quite sad. I have done some research on it and I firmly believe it is caused by mold and that the modern diet is part of making the mold grow. There is probably a simple way to heal it. I know that people trust the medical industrial complex but anyone who can see knows they are clearly trying to change us into something abominable. Why else would they be trying so hard to make girls into boys and boys into girls? It is really unimaginably sick. I don't know how anyone could trust doctors who are a part of the medical industrial complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    So in other words you are afraid of gay people because hatred is rooted in fear. I feel sorry for gay people because I know something is wrong with them and they are not going to get the help they need to over come it. It is really quite sad. I have done some research on it and I firmly believe it is caused by mold and that the modern diet is part of making the mold grow. There is probably a simple way to heal it. I know that people trust the medical industrial complex but anyone who can see knows they are clearly trying to change us into something abominable. Why else would they be trying so hard to make girls into boys and boys into girls? It is really unimaginably sick. I don't know how anyone could trust doctors who are a part of the medical industrial complex.
    Mental illness is a predictable consequence of living in a cage, as we all are.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Being heterosexual, I can't put myself in someone's shoes. I can't understand people who are gay. But I can't stand this injustice in the world either because many children are waiting for the care and love of a parent. Homosexuals offer to do this but are not accepted by society. Then how is it better? I know the situation now, and the people from fosterplus.org told me that there is a need for foster parents. At the moment, I'm a foster parent of an amazing teenage girl named Ashley. I urge you to take this step if you have the resources and time. Invest in children; they are the future.
    Last edited by Kohag; 10-29-2021 at 03:51 AM.