Thread: Why People Fell For Conspiracy Theories

Why People Fell For Conspiracy Theories

hxxps://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-people-fall-for-conspiracy-theories/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Every one of us has a brain that takes shortcuts, makes assumptions and works in irrational ways. The sooner we recognize that, and stop treating loved ones who have adopted conspiratorial beliefs as lost causes, the better we may be at curbing the beliefs that threaten our democracy and public health. We’re all human after all. Well, except for the lizard people.
    Each of these tasks captures just a drop of the cognitive stew that can make someone more vulnerable to believing in conspiracy theories. But they demonstrate that conspiracy theorists aren’t just loony — many of the traits that can set someone up to believe wild ideas are things all of us are prone to, to some degree. We all have a little conspiracy theorist in us.
    This is the most stupidest nonsense i have read the whole year. According to fivethirtyeight having conspiracy theories threatens "Democracy and Public Health"

the better we may be at curbing the beliefs that threaten our democracy and public health. We’re all human after all.
    I would find it laughable how they are going to curb theories such as the bohemian grove or the bilderberg group still a conspiracy theory? when there are photos and videos of such meetings which had being happening for years?
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 06-17-2021 at 12:49 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    threaten our democracy
    Stopped reading at that phrase.

Use of that phrase is a good indication of worthless content.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    hxxps://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-people-fall-for-conspiracy-theories/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

This is the most stupidest nonsense i have read the whole year. According to fivethirtyeight having conspiracy theories threatens "Democracy and Public Health"

I would find it laughable how they are going to curb theories such as the bohemian grove or the bilderberg group still a conspiracy theory? when there are photos and videos of such meetings which had being happening for years?
    Every day government lawyers prosecute people for conspiracies. The prosecutor has to put on his "theory" of the case. Nobody ever points that out for some reason. Fire all prosecutors because every one of them is a conspiracy theorist.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Every day government lawyers prosecute people for conspiracies. The prosecutor has to put on his "theory" of the case. Nobody ever points that out for some reason. Fire all prosecutors because every one of them is a conspiracy theorist.
    Good point. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jmdrake again.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Good point. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jmdrake again.
    I'm out as well...but he's right.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm out as well...but he's right.
    covered
    Do something Danke

Cross-posting from another forum:

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Come to think of it, maybe those defendants' attorneys could get some mileage out of capitalizing on that rhetoric.

"Members of the jury, the prosecution has openly admitted to you that their case rests on a mere conspiracy theory!"
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This artlice reminds me of what GW bush said about 9/11 CT at the UN that we shouldn't tolerate outrageous CTs that happened on this day.

I guess it won't be long before anti-vaxxers get blamed for adverse effects of the not properly tested COVID vaccines. Unfortunately no joke, or maybe I just misunderstand that it's NOT misinformation when the positive effects of vaccines are overestimated, but - per definition - misinformation when anybody dares to say anything negative about vaccines...

As extensive research of our groups and others on nocebo effects has shown,1 it is—ironically—this very same fear that can amplify and even induce adverse effects. Therefore, addressing concerns by providing evidence-based information as part of larger information campaigns and individual conversations is key to increasing vaccine uptake. We present a number of strategies that can be adopted to target a fear of adverse effects.
    (...)
    People who are exposed to negative information about medication in the media report more adverse events, thereby increasing and validating other people’s concerns. Therefore, conversations about vaccine adverse effects need to address common misconceptions without elevating them through public discourse. However, clinicians need to be aware that further actions may be needed when working with people with higher levels of anxiety because providing correcting information does not necessarily decrease vaccination hesitancy.
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2779081
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Oh gee idk, maybe it's because they build websites devoted to a relatively small group conspiring to control everything and even code symbolism into the various logos? The height of gaslighting is putting these websites out in the open then calling people who talk about them "crazy conspiracy theorists".

https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/

https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Anything that is worthy of being labelled a "Conspiracy Theory" is probably true

It's the stuff that sounds reasonable, that's usually lies
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Why do people fall for the Government and Media Lies?

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    I guess it won't be long before anti-vaxxers get blamed for adverse effects of the not properly tested COVID vaccines. Unfortunately no joke, or maybe I just misunderstand that it's NOT misinformation when the positive effects of vaccines are overestimated, but - per definition - misinformation when anybody dares to say anything negative about vaccines...

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2779081
    I have no dobut that the corrupted MSM will problary blame the injures, death on the anti vaxed how they were the responsible for not getting jabed. MSM will problary ignore the sketcky history of moderna and pfizer long history of lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Oh gee idk, maybe it's because they build websites devoted to a relatively small group conspiring to control everything and even code symbolism into the various logos? The height of gaslighting is putting these websites out in the open then calling people who talk about them "crazy conspiracy theorists".

https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/

https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/
    2030 Agenda has now become the sustainabledevelopment? interesting.