Thread: MN: Man drives SUV into crowd of protesters, killing one

Exclamation MN: Man drives SUV into crowd of protesters, killing one

Driver Plows Into Protesters In Uptown; Woman Killed Identified As Deona Knajdek

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/...ers-in-uptown/

By WCCO-TV Staff
    June 14, 2021 at 12:17 pm

MINNEAPOLIS (AP/WCCO) — A woman was killed and three others hurt after an SUV plowed into a group of protesters Sunday night in Uptown.

The Minneapolis Police Department said the suspect was pulled from his vehicle by protestors after the 11:39 p.m. crash and is now in custody and being treated for injuries at a hospital. An Instagram video shot by protesters shows the man being pulled from the SUV and held by protesters until officers arrived to take him into custody.

The man’s motive was not immediately known. According to investigators, preliminary information suggests that drugs and alcohol could have played a role.

Hennepin County Jail roster records show that a 35-year-old St. Paul man was arrested early Monday in Minneapolis on suspicion of criminal vehicular homicide, driving after having his license suspended, and giving false information to police. The man does not have a valid license as a result of multiple DUI offenses.

Minneapolis police say they are not releasing the name of the driver, citing investigative purposes. WCCO-TV does not typically name suspects until they’ve been officially charged with a crime.

The crash happened at the intersection of West Lake Street and Girard Avenue South. The SUV was travelling east on Lake Street when it slammed into a group of protesters. Emergency crews brought two injured protesters to Hennepin Healthcare for treatment. Two others later sought medical attention for non-life-threatening injuries at area hospitals.

A woman, who was critically injured in the crash, died from her injuries. Relatives identified her as 31-year-old Deona Knajdek.

Her brother said he saw video of the crash that showed the SUV slamming into Knajdek’s car before hitting protesters. Knajdek was using her car to block the intersection to protect the protesters as they demonstrated.

Garrett Knajdek said that his sister worked with people struggling with mental health issues and addiction. Wednesday would have marked her 32nd birthday.

“This last year, she finally started to blossom and be an adult,” said Garrett Knajdek, in a phone interview with WCCO-TV. “She was doing good. She had two daughters that she was finally getting back in touch with…building strength. This just…took her away.”

A march in Deona Knajdek’s honor is slated for Monday evening in Minneapolis. Organizers say they will advocate for laws to protect protesters and harsh sentences for those who drive into them. “Deona Marie, you are a change agent,” organizers wrote in a Facebook event post. “Rest in love and power!”

Early Monday morning, someone fired a gun near the scene of the crash in an apparent attempt to keep motorists away from the intersection. Police responded and arrested that person, who was also throwing objects at drivers. A handful of other people were also at the scene shortly after sunrise, trying to block the intersection from motorists on their morning commute.

There have been ongoing protests in Uptown after the June 3 shooting of Winston Boogie Smith Jr., a 32-year-old father of three.

Authorities have said Smith, a Black man who was wanted on a weapons violation, fired a gun before deputies fatally shot him in Minneapolis, a city on edge since George Floyd’s death more than a year ago under an officer’s knee and the more recent fatal police shooting of Daunte Wright in a nearby suburb.

Members of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force were trying to arrest Smith on a warrant for allegedly being a felon in possession of a gun, authorities said. The Marshals Service said in a statement that Smith, who was in a parked vehicle, didn’t comply with law enforcement and “produced a handgun resulting in task force members firing upon the subject.”

Smith died at the scene. State investigators said Smith’s passenger, a 27-year-old woman, was treated for injuries from glass debris.

After Smith’s shooting, some people vandalized buildings and stole from area businesses, police said. Nine people were arrested on possible charges including suspicion of riot, assault, arson and damage to property. Graffiti reading “Mpls still hates cops” and “No trial for them” marked the building next to the parking ramp where Smith was shot.

There has been tension between police and residents since the deaths of Floyd, a Black man who died last year after he was pinned to the ground by Minneapolis officers, and Wright, a Black motorist who was fatally shot in April by an officer in the nearby suburb of Brooklyn Center.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You'd think this would be screamed from every media organ in the country.

Strangely quiet and I'm not positive as to why.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Blocking intersections for protest must be legal on West Lake in Minneapolis. Sounds like they apprehended an impaired driver.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Danke never mentioned a parade for mental health.
    Do something Danke

I dont even know who the bad person is in this story . Sounds like a drunk guy drove into a car parked in the road for some retard activity . I'll leave it to Danke to decide .
    Do something Danke

They're most likely trying to figure out a way to spin the story before they start talking about it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

She didn't use a gun. And even though they want to ban SUVs, they want people to stay under the impression that only guns can be used to cause mayhem. Of course when that antifa lady was run over at the Charlottesville protest that was covered non-stop so....I dunno.

Edit: NVM. I see this in your article.

The man’s motive was not immediately known. According to investigators, preliminary information suggests that drugs and alcohol could have played a role.

He was just drunk and high? No racism as a motive? Yeah....M.A.D.D. was so 1990s.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 06-14-2021 at 01:41 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Story seems boring.

Can we perhaps add a narrative?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

"I didn't mean to".

Sigh.

Not politically motivated. Just a boring drunk driver.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

It's of course sad when anyone dies,

but to perhaps alleviate the sadness,

know this: the woman who died was a vegan.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Story seems boring.

Can we perhaps add a narrative?
    We dont have those problems here . As I drive around after drinking everyone knows it is unacceptable to park your car lengthway across the road. Makes my Ins guy happy .
    Do something Danke

I don't like police brutality or any brutality for that matter, unless it's some jackass or jackasses standing in the street blocking traffic for a jackass reason.

Streets are for cars. I got places to go.

Seems impossible to reason with people that can't even understand, "get out of the middle of the road"......
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Florida Governor Proposes Law That Could Allow Drivers to Run Over a 'Mob'

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-gov...er-mob-1533401

https://www.politicususa.com/2021/04...rotesters.html

A new bill passed by the Florida Senate and proposed by Gov. Ron DeSantis will give people civil immunity for running over protesters.

The Orlando Sentinel reported, “The parts of the bill (HB 1 ) that most upset Democrats grant civil legal immunity to people who drive through protesters blocking a road; prevent people arrested for rioting or offenses committed during a riot from bailing out of jail until their first court appearance, and impose a six-month mandatory sentence for battery on a police officer during a riot.”

People could still be criminally charged for taking their car and mowing down protesters who are using their First Amendment rights, but in Florida, the driver will no be able to be sued for civil damages.
    Florida Republicans claim that they are preventing violence by denying protesters bail and allowing them to be run down, but almost every protest in the country is peaceful. The few that make it onto television are the ones that feature violence.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Her brother said he saw video of the crash that showed the SUV slamming into Knajdek’s car before hitting protesters. Knajdek was using her car to block the intersection to protect the protesters as they demonstrated.
    Demonstrated?

Seems they were demonstrating their stupidity by protesting in the street.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Not fitting the current Marxist agitprop.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I dont even know who the bad person is in this story . Sounds like a drunk guy drove into a car parked in the road for some retard activity . I'll leave it to Danke to decide .
    Blocking the street at almost midnight on a weekend? More of a Darwin Award story.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Edit: NVM. I see this in your article.

He was just drunk and high? No racism as a motive? Yeah....M.A.D.D. was so 1990s.
    Yeah, the MADD and alcohol prohibition agenda is not in vogue right now, especially since it cuts across all groups. Drunk driving is perceived as being more prevalent among illegal Hispanic immigrants. They don't want to go there.

Alcohol prohibition is hard to push when half the nation became alcoholics during their COVID shutdowns, and they are also trying to end prohibition of marijuana.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Don't park or stand in the middle of the road if you don't want to be killed by a drunk driver. How hard is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Florida Republicans claim that they are preventing violence by denying protesters bail and allowing them to be run down, but almost every protest in the country is peaceful. The few that make it onto television are the ones that feature violence.
    Au contraire. Blocking someone preventing them from moving is an initiation of aggression. It is by definition not "peaceful".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Au contraire. Blocking someone preventing them from moving is an initiation of aggression. It is by definition not "peaceful".
    This is why I have no issue with shoving fat people who get in my way.
    - Kim Kardashian

Sounds like the guy wasn't even trying.

Should be able to flatten several with even the most diminutive SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Sounds like the guy wasn't even trying.

Should be able to flatten several with even the most diminutive SUV.
    Unfortunately it was just an accident.
    - Kim Kardashian

"We were just playing volleyball." (In the street.)
    "She was just sitting on the ground." (In the street.)
    "He was going 100 mph." (In the street)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    It's of course sad when anyone dies,

but to perhaps alleviate the sadness,

know this: the woman who died was a vegan.
    More grass for beef.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    "We were just playing volleyball." (In the street.)
    "She was just sitting on the ground." (In the street.)
    "He was going 100 mph." (In the street)
    You purpously stood and sat in the road and got hit. I have zero sympathy for these people. Does that make me a bad person? I think not. Some people are beyond help.