Thread: Ilhan Omar PRESSES Blinken on prosecuting crimes against humanity in Israel

Post Ilhan Omar PRESSES Blinken on prosecuting crimes against humanity in Israel

With so many GOP/Democrat heavy weights in Congress, why such heavy lifting is done by an 110 lb girl?
    Blinken is not known to be a puppet of greed/racially motivated war crimes lobbies that have been playing bases of both major parties like a drum for decades but he does not seem to make much logical sense in his response.
    There may have also been technical glitch in audio during war crimes questioning.

This would also boost infighting within Dems at a time when GOP is trying to cope with internal divisions and political trauma after 'stolen election', Capitol building mishaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bflaU7dF-yQ

Omar asks Blinken about ICC pursuing war crime allegations

Thu, June 10, 2021

During the House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing on Monday, Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., asked Secretary of State Antony Blinken about where victims of alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity could pursue justice if local courts won’t look into those cases and the U.S. opposes the International Criminal Court taking such cases in the Afghanistan and Israeli-Palestinian conflicts.

Video Transcript

ILHAN OMAR: I know you oppose the court's investigation in both Palestine and in Afghanistan. I haven't seen any evidence in either cases that domestic courts both can and will prosecute alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity. And I would emphasize that in Israel and Palestine, this includes crimes committed by both the Israeli security forces and Hamas. In Afghanistan it includes crimes committed by the Afghan national government and the Taliban. So in both of these cases, if domestic courts can't or won't pursue justice, and we oppose the ICC, where do we think the victims of the supposed crimes can go for justice? And what justice mechanism is [INAUDIBLE] for.

ANTONY BLINKEN: I'm sorry, Congresswoman, I lost you for one second there at the end of your question. Could you repeat that please?

ILHAN OMAR: Yeah. I said, in both of these cases, if domestic courts can't or won't pursue justice and we oppose the ICC, where do we think victims are supposed to go for justice? And what justice mechanisms do you support for them?

ANTONY BLINKEN: Thank you. First, let me just say at the outset that it is impossible not to be profoundly moved by not just the loss of life in the recent violence and conflict but especially the children whose lives were lost. And we all have a tendency to throw statistics and numbers out there, but we are talking about boys and girls, Israelis and Palestinians, as well as men and women. And I think none of us, from whatever perspective we come, can lose sight of that. So that's one thing that's very important. Look, you know our views on the ICC and its jurisdiction. We continue to believe that absent a Security Council referral or absent the request by the state itself, that that's not appropriate. I continue to believe that whether it is the United States or Israel, both of us have the means.

ILHAN OMAR: Mr. Secretary, I do understand that [INAUDIBLE] point. I'm asking what mechanism do you think is available to them?

ANTONY BLINKEN: I believe that we have, whether it's the United States or Israel, we both have the mechanisms to make sure that there is accountability in any situations where there are concerns about the use of force and human rights, et cetera. I believe that both of our democracies have that capacity. And we've demonstrated it. And we'll need to continue to demonstrate it going forward.

ILHAN OMAR: And in the case of Afghanistan?

ANTONY BLINKEN: With regard to Afghanistan, if it's our objection, as you know, it was to the assertion of jurisdiction over the United States in the absence of a Security Council referral, and I believe that we have the means, if there are any cases to be brought, to adjudicate them and to find justice.

yahoo.com/news/omar-asks-blinken-icc-pursuing-195601975.html

Related

Trump calls on Ilhan Omar to resign from Congress for ‘anti-Semitism’
    February 12, 2019
    WASHINGTON (JTA) — President Donald Trump called on Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., to resign from Congress for what he said was her anti-Semitism.
    “It’s terrible what she said and I think she should either resign from Congress, or she should certainly resign from the House Foreign Affairs Committee,” Trump told reporters on Tuesday. “What she said is so deep-seated in her heart that her lame apology, and that’s what it was, it was lame and she didn’t mean a word of it, was just not appropriate. I think she should resign from Congress.”
    Omar, in her first term in the Congress, said Sunday on Twitter that the American Israel Public Affairs Committee pays lawmakers to be pro-Israel.

David Duke supported Trump in 2016 and now supports Ilhan Omar

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She should be prosecuted for her own crimes against humanity.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    With so many GOP/Democrat heavy weights in Congress, why such heavy lifting is done by an 110 lb girl?
    Blinken is not known to be a puppet of greed/racially motivated war crimes lobbies that have been playing bases of both major parties like a drum for decades but he does not seem to make much logical sense in his response.
    There may have also been technical glitch in audio during war crimes questioning.

This would also boost infighting within Dems at a time when GOP is trying to cope with internal divisions and political trauma after 'stolen election', Capitol building mishaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bflaU7dF-yQ

Omar asks Blinken about ICC pursuing war crime allegations

Thu, June 10, 2021

During the House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing on Monday, Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., asked Secretary of State Antony Blinken about where victims of alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity could pursue justice if local courts won’t look into those cases and the U.S. opposes the International Criminal Court taking such cases in the Afghanistan and Israeli-Palestinian conflicts.

Video Transcript

ILHAN OMAR: I know you oppose the court's investigation in both Palestine and in Afghanistan. I haven't seen any evidence in either cases that domestic courts both can and will prosecute alleged war crimes and crimes against humanity. And I would emphasize that in Israel and Palestine, this includes crimes committed by both the Israeli security forces and Hamas. In Afghanistan it includes crimes committed by the Afghan national government and the Taliban. So in both of these cases, if domestic courts can't or won't pursue justice, and we oppose the ICC, where do we think the victims of the supposed crimes can go for justice? And what justice mechanism is [INAUDIBLE] for.

ANTONY BLINKEN: I'm sorry, Congresswoman, I lost you for one second there at the end of your question. Could you repeat that please?

ILHAN OMAR: Yeah. I said, in both of these cases, if domestic courts can't or won't pursue justice and we oppose the ICC, where do we think victims are supposed to go for justice? And what justice mechanisms do you support for them?

ANTONY BLINKEN: Thank you. First, let me just say at the outset that it is impossible not to be profoundly moved by not just the loss of life in the recent violence and conflict but especially the children whose lives were lost. And we all have a tendency to throw statistics and numbers out there, but we are talking about boys and girls, Israelis and Palestinians, as well as men and women. And I think none of us, from whatever perspective we come, can lose sight of that. So that's one thing that's very important. Look, you know our views on the ICC and its jurisdiction. We continue to believe that absent a Security Council referral or absent the request by the state itself, that that's not appropriate. I continue to believe that whether it is the United States or Israel, both of us have the means.

ILHAN OMAR: Mr. Secretary, I do understand that [INAUDIBLE] point. I'm asking what mechanism do you think is available to them?

ANTONY BLINKEN: I believe that we have, whether it's the United States or Israel, we both have the mechanisms to make sure that there is accountability in any situations where there are concerns about the use of force and human rights, et cetera. I believe that both of our democracies have that capacity. And we've demonstrated it. And we'll need to continue to demonstrate it going forward.

ILHAN OMAR: And in the case of Afghanistan?

ANTONY BLINKEN: With regard to Afghanistan, if it's our objection, as you know, it was to the assertion of jurisdiction over the United States in the absence of a Security Council referral, and I believe that we have the means, if there are any cases to be brought, to adjudicate them and to find justice.

yahoo.com/news/omar-asks-blinken-icc-pursuing-195601975.html

Related

Trump calls on Ilhan Omar to resign from Congress for ‘anti-Semitism’
    February 12, 2019
    WASHINGTON (JTA) — President Donald Trump called on Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., to resign from Congress for what he said was her anti-Semitism.
    “It’s terrible what she said and I think she should either resign from Congress, or she should certainly resign from the House Foreign Affairs Committee,” Trump told reporters on Tuesday. “What she said is so deep-seated in her heart that her lame apology, and that’s what it was, it was lame and she didn’t mean a word of it, was just not appropriate. I think she should resign from Congress.”
    Omar, in her first term in the Congress, said Sunday on Twitter that the American Israel Public Affairs Committee pays lawmakers to be pro-Israel.

David Duke supported Trump in 2016 and now supports Ilhan Omar

I agree with Rep Ilham Omar (D-MN) that what has occurred in Palestine is a miscarriage of justice

Historian Norman Finkelstein , himself a Jew and the son of a holocaust survivor , has documented that the Zionists - Ben Gurion - Theodur Herlz - came to Palestine determined to steal the land and disappear the Palestinians by any means necessary.

They can't hide behind the anti-semitism card on this one - firstly the Palestinians are semites secondly most Israelis are white Europeans

For shame

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    I agree with Rep Ilham Omar (D-MN) that what has occurred in Palestine is a miscarriage of justice

Historian Norman Finkelstein , himself a Jew and the son of a holocaust survivor , has documented that the Zionists - Ben Gurion - Theodur Herlz - came to Palestine determined to steal the land and disappear the Palestinians by any means necessary.

They can't hide behind the anti-semitism card on this one - firstly the Palestinians are semites secondly most Israelis are white Europeans

For shame

It's true that MSM media and US political culture has mostly ignored anti-semitism towards Palestinians in recent decades, it's still surprising why Congressional heavy weights today are not calling for ending US taxpayers aid that is used to oppress and occupy peoples of "non chosen" races. Just end all foreign aid and mind freedom values spreading at home for a while at least. With nefarious actors like Jeffrey Epstein of NY/Andrew Adler of Atlanta etc no longer in a position to blackmail/intimidate US politicians, current politics of heavy weights is hard to comprehend.

In some stunning news views:

Blinken lied through his teeth about Israeli and U.S. accountability to victims– that’s the real scandal

By Donald Johnson June 11, 2021

Antony Blinken meets Netanyahu in Jerusalem on May 25, 2021. State Department foto.
    Daniel Larison made the central point about the Ilhan Omar controversy. People should be outraged about Antony Blinken’s comment and not hers.
    “The real outrage in this exchange was Blinken’s claim that victims of U.S. and Israeli war crimes can get justice from the governments responsible for those crimes, because all of us, Blinken included, know that this isn’t true.”
    Israel and the US are not accountable to their victims. This is a question of power. Proclamations about being democracies and having justice systems ignore the fact about their actual behavior.

When Blinken said that Palestinians can get justice through Israeli structures he was lying through his teeth.
    I believe, whether it’s the United States or Israel, that we both have the mechanisms to make sure there is accountability in any situations where there are concerns about use of force, human rights, etc. I believe that both of our democracies have that capacity
    He simply wiped away all the facts gathered by all the human rights groups and this didn’t cause even a whiff of scandal. As the human rights group B’Tselem said of four Israeli attacks on Gaza over 12 years:
    Despite the horrifying, lethal consequences of intentionally bombing civilian objectives – which constitutes a war crime – Israel has never been held accountable, or forced to pay any price, for implementing this policy.
    Kamala Harris played a similar game in her response to a New York Times interview of the Democratic Presidential candidates in the summer of 2019. Asked about whether Israel lived up to her human rights standards, she acted like she had no idea what the question was about– “What specifically are your referring to?”– but then answered that Yes it does. No scandal.
    https://mondoweiss.net/2021/06/blink...-real-scandal/

Relational

"Up to 1 in 4 US Jews sees Zionism as racist, colonialist apartheid movement"

CUFI Leader John Hagee confirms Christian Zionism is anti-Semitic

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    It's true that MSM media and US political culture has mostly ignored anti-semitism towards Palestinians in recent decades, it's still surprising why Congressional heavy weights today are not calling for ending US taxpayers aid that is used to oppress and occupy peoples of "non chosen" races. Just end all foreign aid and mind freedom values spreading at home for a while at least. With nefarious actors like Jeffrey Epstein of NY/Andrew Adler of Atlanta etc no longer in a position to blackmail/intimidate US politicians, current politics of heavy weights is hard to comprehend.

In some stunning news views:

https://mondoweiss.net/2021/06/blink...-real-scandal/

Relational

"Up to 1 in 4 US Jews sees Zionism as racist, colonialist apartheid movement"

CUFI Leader John Hagee confirms Christian Zionism is anti-Semitic

Indeed

The US has subsidized the Palestinian Genocide - over $250 BBBBBBBillions since 1948 - 4 BBBBBillions per year.

In 1948 Truman was in a tight race against Thomas Dewey - Ben Gurion offered him ca$h and political support - Truman thanked by stealing Palestine from 1.5 MMMillion Palestinians who overnight became foreigners in their own land.

For shame.

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Boo hoo, the "palestinians" can't return to "their" land.

It hasn't been "their" land for at least 60 years.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 06-13-2021 at 08:56 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Boo hoo, the "palestinians" can't return to "their" land.

It hasn't been "their" land for at least 60 years.
    Israel expelled about 800.000 Palestinians in 48.
    The Muslim Countries expelled 1.5 million jews in 48.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Israel expelled about 800.000 Palestinians in 48.
    The Muslim Countries expelled 1.5 million jews in 48.
    Link please to a NON-ZIONIST website,
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.