Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: CPI jumps 5% in May of 2021, fastest since 2008

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fauci says it is too early to cancel Christmas. Thats code for he plans to make that announcement later.
    Do something Danke

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Feds next scheduled meetings look to be Nov 2 & 3 , Dec 14 & 15. Not expecting much from them .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-06-2021 at 02:49 PM.
    Do something Danke

Inflation out of control now. West Texas Light Sweet Crude 78.93 ( up 1.7 percent ) , Brent Crude 82.56 ( up 1.3 percent ) One year oil forecast 90.00 , Heating Oil 2 1/2 , Nat Gas 6 1/3 ( up 8.7 percent ), Wholesale gasoline up 2.1 percent to 2.36. Looking like a cold winter in New England.
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-06-2021 at 07:57 PM.
    Do something Danke

One yr oil forecast hits 91.00 as Brent Crude breaks well over 80 to 82.39 , West Texas Light Sweet Crude should make 80 tomorrow at 79.35 now . Wholesale gasoline up to 2.37 . That means 3.40 at the pump soon I'd surmise . Gold looks like the only bargain left . Gas could be 4 by Christmas , deisel will be.
    Do something Danke

High inflation looks like a lock the rest of this calendar yr.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    High inflation looks like a lock the rest of this calendar yr.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Bloomberg headline (story behind paywall):

Transitory Inflation? The Fed Should Strive to Make It Permanent
    America Needs Higher, Longer-Lasting Inflation
    The benefits of moderately rising prices and wages outweigh the costs
    https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...e-it-permanent
    Karl W. Smith (11 October 2021)

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    actually i think if we consider the fact our GDP only goes up on avg of 1.9 percent per year since 2006 low inflation was the only thing keeping any standard of living for the peasants. We can be sure that wages will not keep pace with any inflation higher than our dismal growth once they greatly exceed 2 or 3 percent based on the past couple decades .
    Do something Danke

Fastenal CEO says inflation has moved from massive ( three months ago ) to brutally high fo shipping , matls and overseas shipping .
    Do something Danke

One yr oil forecast moves up to 92.00 with the new daily inflation as West Texas Light Sweet moves over 80.
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-13-2021 at 08:42 AM.
    Do something Danke

Gold moves to 1794 this morning , silver 23.21 . No real reason Gold isnt 1800 to 2K and silver 30. We shall see what the future holds other than tax increases , high inflation , high prices , wages that wont keep up , less people working , higher debt, 4 doll gas and deisel and the IRS checking your bank account for 600. Heating oil still over 2 1/2 , Nat Gas still over 5 1/2. Big winter heating bills coming starting in Nov .Just in time for a Christmas of empty shelves. Next downturn could start Jan. , surely likely to start before the next Jan . Nothing like the product of govt .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-13-2021 at 08:42 PM.
    Do something Danke

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/1448702322540941317

Daily inflation brings one yr oil forecast to 93 this week , Brent Crude 84 , West Texas Light Sweet Crude 81.31 both up about another percent today. Hope your wages are rising two percent per day otherwise your behind . Heating oil up over another 1 1/2 percent , Nat Gas up another 1.71 percent as it approaches 6 , copper up 2 1/2 percent as it approaches 5.
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-14-2021 at 10:18 PM.
    Do something Danke

Daily inflation brings one yr oil forecast to 93 this week , Brent Crude 84 , West Texas Light Sweet Crude 81.31 both up about another percent today. Hope your wages are rising two percent per day otherwise your behind . Heating oil up over another 1 1/2 percent , Nat Gas up another 1.71 percent as it approaches 6 , copper up 2 1/2 percent as it approaches 5.

The good news is my oil stocks are going up like crazy.

The bad news is I just moved to a house heated with natural gas.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    The good news is my oil stocks are going up like crazy.

The bad news is I just moved to a house heated with natural gas.
    Well , depending on where you live and how much they charge for electric I'd guess Nat gas probably still going to be cheaper heat than electric or heating oil . Only heat warmer than Nat gas is wood .
    Do something Danke

Well , depending on where you live and how much they charge for electric I'd guess Nat gas probably still going to be cheaper heat than electric or heating oil . Only heat warmer than Nat gas is wood .
    Due to nominal rigidity or "price stickiness", electric rates may stay low for longer.

Because most electric distribution rates have to be "approved" by utility commissions, they have to build complicated rate cases to raise their rates. That doesn't hold true for all generators or utility co-ops, but it means it'll take awhile for inflation to hit that sector.

Now, working in this industry, it concerns me because the costs of materials is rapidly rising and it is becoming harder and harder to get transformers, poles and wires... If major storms come through this winter and the ice damages the lines, utilities will have to operate at HUGE losses which will have to be worked into a future rate case. Not to mention that labor costs are going to skyrocket the next time the annual review process or union contracts come up. Those signs point to LONG restoration times, cuts in preventative maintenance, and political pressure to slash the utility return on equity.

In other words, keep that wood burner handy - we're going to need them!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Inflation is a good thing, it just means the bankers are getting rich as intended
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1449127945386160128

In case anyone missed it , one yr oil forecast hit 95 yesterday with West Texas Light Sweet Crude at around 83 and Brent Crude over 85 . Wholesale gasoline hovering around 2 1/2 meaning more people will see 3 1/2 at the pump . Heating oil still over 2 1/2 , Nat Gas still over 5.Look for more empty shelves between now and New Years . Gold and silver still look cheap although physical supplies will be thin rest of the year . Bitcoin over 66K and looks poised to push 70 soon.
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-20-2021 at 01:45 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1449127945386160128
    Is that CNN talking head allowed to use the phrase "inflation is skyrocketing" ??

Seems like something he wouldn't be allowed to say.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Larry lepard on kitco news today , gold should be 10K ( probably would be without bitcoin) , dollar collapses within a decade . I say no way to tell when since theyve already gotten away with what they have to this point so far but i agree gold is undervalued. Larry very convincing though .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    What could possibly go wrong?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unilever CEO has price hikes to implement for twelve more months . Saying no chance to avoid inflation for next yr.Dove soap and Magnum ice cream raised prices four percent last quarter , more to come . Nestle , taking the gradual approch rose prices 2.1 percent last quarter . Nestle CfO expects 9 percent in europe and US by year end and higher next year .
    Do something Danke

Gold 1810.40 , Silver 24.82 this morning . The question is , after another year of 9 percent inflation next yr where will they be ? Bitcoin about 97 FRN's short of 62 K after reaching over 66K earlier this week. I'm thinking gold is at least 200 behind for inflation. Real price of silver is about 32.82 at todays dealer cost on a silver eagle , add ten percent for retail , so 36.11.
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-22-2021 at 02:36 PM.
    Do something Danke

Posted on reddit by a grocery store employee.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Daily out of control third world inflation continues in America as one yr oil forecast reaches 96 on 7 yr high for oil.
    Do something Danke

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast