Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: CPI jumps 5% in May of 2021, fastest since 2008

US gasoline usage dropped to 8.8 million barrels a day for week ending May 20. Excluding 2020 plague that is the least used in spring time since 2013. That effects growth I think . Prices have surged since those numbers.
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-08-2022 at 03:50 PM.
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    A lot of corporations and establishments are taking advantage of the inflation narrative to get away with price gouging. A last ditch profit grab before the wheels come flying off.
    Do you have any idea how much it costs to run a restaurant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stasi reported cpi numbers creep towards 9 percent in May ( and probably June ) while they fudge the double digit inflation . Chooglin.
    Do something Danke

Lets review some annual numbers , Hotels up 20 percent , air fares up 13 percent , used cars up 16 percent , new cars up 13 percent , rent up .while of course the worst are energy and food . The fed allowed this for a yr before doing microscopic rate increases from nothing. It should be abolished based on nothing but that performance . The peasants continue to allow this. On the bright side the Dow is only down 13 percent so everyone's 401Ks haven't tanked as much as you'd expect with things so dismal. Since inflation has not peaked as I've told everyone I'll assume the next one percent increase over these two moths is now a lock and we'll see where we are after.
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-10-2022 at 08:00 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    There is no stagflation now. The unemployment rate is 3.6%. All 50 states have growing economies. Maybe that will change but not likely until at least 2023. Banks still have a wide spread between short term deposits and longer term loans so despite all the negativity in the press and how people feel, things still look great for a little while longer.

M2 growth has already normalized. If the Fed engineers a recession, inflation is probably done as a problem.for a long time. If they ease up, you probably don't get a recession and you have mid single digit inflation if loan growth stays strong.
    So there's no downside to raising the balance sheet from 1 trillion to 9 trillion? That 8 trillion created out of thin air does no harm?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Do you have any idea how much it costs to run a restaurant?
    I'm sure it's a lot of overhead but come on, that pic is literally like (max) 30 cents of food for $10. I do some grocery shopping occasionally at a restaurant supply store (Chef Store, owned by US Foods) and have noticed that most prices there are actually -higher-, even though it's in bulk, than regular grocery store prices. It seems that restaurants pay something of a "restaurant tax" for input products from bulk wholesalers.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    So there's no downside to raising the balance sheet from 1 trillion to 9 trillion? That 8 trillion created out of thin air does no harm?
    We're witnessing how the central bank engineers a depression. Flood in easy credit (easy money), get everyone over leveraged, then withdraw the easy credit, suck cash/digits back out of circulation, then wait for the defaults.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-10-2022 at 03:57 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

At this point if the Dow ends the yr at 30k investors are going to have to take that as a win. Anyone not happy with 6 dollar gas and 30K Dow shouldnt be voting for dems or people who are supportive of the fed. Farmer John meatpacking plant in Vernon Calf will close next yr as operations are being moved out of Ca , AZ and Utah to midwest . Gold 1880 , looks like the only play.
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-12-2022 at 04:37 PM.
    Do something Danke

Inflation Comes In At 40 Year High

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-40-year-high/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

From the "animal spirits" school of economics:

https://fortune.com/2022/06/04/what-...ent-inflation/

Yeah and maybe its not having ANY money to spend!

You know the Stimulus? Well it ALL went right back into food and gas, and now taxes on the unvaccinated!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I swear I was going to post yesterday that I had a feeling that bitcoin was going to crash today. Damn, I should've posted it. It was hanging around 30k for a long time and I felt it was getting overdue for a crash.

I swear I was going to post yesterday that I had a feeling that bitcoin was going to crash today. Damn, I should've posted it. It was hanging around 30k for a long time and I felt it was getting overdue for a crash.
    When the Dow is headed to 30K and inflation is locked in not surprising to see everything going down .
    Do something Danke

Coinbase lays off 1100. CAT hq leaving Illinois for Texas . Former NYSE pres says capital markets will be dead for a long time . What isnt dead is inflation.
    Do something Danke

US retail sales fell .3 percent in May. Tesla layoffs have already begun . Sales of motor vehicls and parts fell 3 1/2 percent in may. Biden threatens oil companies with emergency powers , center fire , single shot rifles appoved for deer hunting in illinois ( thats all you'll have if they have their way ) , Redfin and Compass lay off hundreds of workers. Bitcoin 20k , Oil 117 , Gold 1821.
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-15-2022 at 10:44 AM.
    Do something Danke

Powell: "No sign of broad slowdown in economy"

LOL!!!

Fed raises 3/4 point , plans 1 3/4 over next four meetings this yr. Be 3 1/2 by Christmas. Inflation keeps on Chooglin. Gold at 1842. losses from americans IRA's and 401K's are at 3.4 trillion this yr so far . ouch
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-16-2022 at 12:24 PM.
    Do something Danke

Bootyjudge says govt may act against airlines. Guess he and Hugo biden both went to the same commie school of economics.
    Do something Danke

Atlanta Fed Res estimates 0 growth second quarter through Jun 15. That leaves 9 working days left this month to save the economy. Wealth losses from market selloffs this yr now exceed 10 trillion. Biggest catastrophic loss in US history in such a short time . Under the trump presidency the avg income was rougly 5k higher and using the govt 8.5 inflation number the avg decline under biden about 6k . Meaning about 11k less in the whole in income adjusted for inflation while taking a probably 20 percent loss on the ol'401k while in the last 2 1/2 yrs the debt in DC has grown 5 trillion.
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-19-2022 at 09:41 PM.
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not quite working out as a hedge against inflation.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Coinbase lays off 1100. CAT hq leaving Illinois for Texas . Former NYSE pres says capital markets will be dead for a long time . What isnt dead is inflation.
    I don't have much Coinbase, but I wish I didn’t have any.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Not quite working out as a hedge against inflation.
    Ive suspected all along that its primarily been used as a store and slush fund for winnings and losses off the over valued stock markets.
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-20-2022 at 08:43 AM.
    Do something Danke

Bank of America says they expect 40 percent chance of zero growth second half of next yr . If that were the case and things were better second half of this yr and first half of next yr you'd still be looking at a lost yr of productivity out of two in the positive most likely. Hard to see that as a good scenario.
    Do something Danke

Powell: "No sign of broad slowdown in economy"

LOL!!!
    I also thought a chance of no recession until Yellen soid there shouldnt be. So far this yr I'm 100 percent by going withe the opposite of what they say.
    Do something Danke

US credit card debt now exceeds 1.1 trillion. Mortgage rates reach 5.78 avg. Inflation the next two months not expected to improve.
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-20-2022 at 04:03 PM.
    Do something Danke

US rents surge to another new record of 14 percent April to April .
    Do something Danke

Fed will raise rates 3/4 in Jul , 1/2 in Aug and hope for some improvement in Sept . By then the runaway inflation will be 1 1/2 years old and about 8 or 9 months in on stagflation. Big banks also expecting no economic growth second half of next yr.
    Do something Danke

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sri Lankan govt has declared the economy has collapsed. Due to debt and unpaid debt they are hhaving a hard time buying food and energy even for cash .
    Do something Danke

The Fed increased its balance sheet again for the 3rd week in a row. I think I'm the only person in the world who's noticed this. I think something is going on, they may be losing control of short term rates again like in the fall of 2019. They're going to have a problem if they hit 9 trillion, that'll get noticed, even by clueless financial reporters.

The Fed increased its balance sheet again for the 3rd week in a row. I think I'm the only person in the world who's noticed this. I think something is going on, they may be losing control of short term rates again like in the fall of 2019. They're going to have a problem if they hit 9 trillion, that'll get noticed, even by clueless financial reporters.
    I have not really been expecting a big change in the balance sheet. I do think this fed has made the greatest case for elimnating the fed in recent history at least .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have not really been expecting a big change in the balance sheet. I do think this fed has made the greatest case for eliminating the fed in recent history at least .
    I'm just getting annoyed that no one seems to know where inflation is coming from. It's caused by printing money, period. In fact the proper definition for inflation is the expansion of the money supply. Rising prices is just an effect of inflation, not the inflation itself. And money printing is caused by excessive govt spending.

It seemed like there was a brief window when people were starting to get the concept, maybe 6 months ago. But now the democrats are pushing the idea that it's Putin and Greedy Big Business and republicans the idea that it's an oil supply problem so now I'm constantly reading articles and posts, even on this website, about what is causing inflation, and they don't even mention the printing of money and the govt spending.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast