Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: CPI jumps 5% in May of 2021, fastest since 2008

I think the fed should be freaking out and while I personally see no reason for it to continue at all since it is there it wouldve helped if they were not all incompetent. If you performed at a job as they have for a yr you'd be fired sooner and rightfully so. When the major league baseball season ends this yr there will not be a player on a roster who didnt perform better than these dipshits.
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    [QUOTE=Madison320;7104154]I read a book a few years ago on hyperinflation by a guy who lived thru 3 of them. 2 in argentina and one in chile. One thing he mentioned is that prices didn't all go up in fact real estate prices crashed hard each time because people were selling their homes so they could afford to buy food. I think the basic idea is that essentials like food go way up but non-essentials go way down.[/QUOTE
    Interesting but different . On avg I'd say the avg Mexican or South American spends more on food and less on energy , housing , etc than an avg american even in normal times. Overall there is probably no welfare , food stamps or social security so hard to tell if that type of scenario could go here . I could picture americans selling bigger homes for smaller , especially childless couples but there is already a shortage of those smaller homes available .
    Last edited by oyarde; 04-18-2022 at 12:34 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Interesting but different . On avg I'd say the avg Mexican or South American spends more on food and less on energy housing , clothing etc than an avg american even in normal times. Overall there is probably no welfare , food stamps or social security so hard to tell if that type of scenario could go here . I could picture americans selling bigger homes for smaller , especially childless couples but there is already a shortage of those smaller homes available .
    I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of chinese people buying real estate. They're going to be trying to trade their dollars for something of real value. The next step will be a ban on foreigners buying US property.

One yr oil forecast 122.00 . I still think gold has a good shot of hitting a new record in Apr - May. ( reached 2000.80 this morning )
    Last edited by oyarde; 04-18-2022 at 12:36 PM.
    Do something Danke

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One yr oil forecast 122.00 . I still think gold has a good shot of hitting a new record in Apr - May. ( reached 2000.80 this morning )
    I'm a little surprised commodities are all close or above hitting record highs since the Fed is just starting a "tightening" cycle. Just wait until the economy starts to crash hard and the Fed reverses course and starts printing. I think that will trigger massive moves up in commodities. I'm looking at the current increases as gravy since I didn't expect it.

US Sec of Defense and Sec of State to arrive in Ukraine tomorrow
    Do something Danke

On msnbc interview this week yellen says " I think we'll have to put up with high inflation for awhile longer " . Check back later to see how many years " awhile longer " may be uttered from someone who has lived under a rock for the past yr.
    Do something Danke

On msnbc interview this week yellen says " I think we'll have to put up with high inflation for awhile longer " . Check back later to see how many years " awhile longer " may be uttered from someone who has lived under a rock for the past yr.
    Two weeks to reduce inflation...

Ya the inflation is all the fault of the median income US worker. If those bastards would quit buying so many 5.00 a doz eggs.LOL . That is so retarded even the public wont believe it. The propaganda needs improvement .
    Do something Danke

economy shrinks in US 1.4 percent first quarter with double digit inflation still in the mix
    Do something Danke

economy off by 2 1/2 percent of estimates
    Do something Danke

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    personally , i'd view contraction during the height of tax refund season a very bad sign for the next quarter . inlafion still chooglin' though.
    Do something Danke

US trade deficits reached all time high , will it be reaching for new highs? net exports dragging for seven consecutive quarters . Has the new US motto become "there may not be a lot to buy but it sure will be expensive " ?
    Do something Danke

dow up 589
    Do something Danke

China manufacturing weakens further , US consumer spending rising by .2 percent while savings rate dropped three times as much, inflation keeps on chooglin'
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-01-2022 at 09:14 AM.
    Do something Danke

Colorado inmate tests positive for H5 bird flu
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Gasoline and diesel exceeded all time high prices here this week . Inflation keeps on chooglin'
    Do something Danke

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    jill biden visits Ukraine . Inflation keeps on chooglin' , mortgage rates near 5.3 percent. No slowing in building here.
    Do something Danke

9 days into this month and I see no reason to think cpi for this month this year will not be higher inflation than same time last year .
    Do something Danke

biden to expadite military aid to ukraine today .
    Do something Danke

According to fbi gun sales in first quarter this yr only 68 percent of last yrs numbers . Looks to coincide with the govts own number of an economy in the negative. Economy is recessed if gun sales are down certainly . Here in the old Northwest Territory , Indiana Territory ( Land of Indians ) and The Gore we are in the top four per capita so far for gun sales this yr . Hoosiers doing part making america Great .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-09-2022 at 05:00 PM.
    Do something Danke

9 days into this month and I see no reason to think cpi for this month this year will not be higher inflation than same time last year .
    I'm not big on conspiracies but there's got to be a lot of pressure to "rework" the cpi.

It's already way underreporting inflation. Practically every other common measure of inflation is well into double digits. Gas, food, cars, homes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I'm not big on conspiracies but there's got to be a lot of pressure to "rework" the cpi.

It's already way underreporting inflation. Practically every other common measure of inflation is well into double digits. Gas, food, cars, homes, etc.
    Inflation is double digit and has been over a yr with housing probably nearing 20 percent , groceries over 33 percent etc. Third world stuff.
    Do something Danke

it is almost as if the inflation cant be stopped , just think , if the economy tanked tomorrow the retard congress would give out trillions in unemployment bonus to equal more than the avg income person was making when working and inflation would just keep on chooglin ' .
    Do something Danke

I think they are calling it 8.3 percent . Very little difference from March.More where that came from i'd say for next month. S & P down about 17 percent from Jan high . Dow looks like it could actually dip below 32k for the first time in a long time.Anyway , i have all my property tax pd so i get to keep what is mine for another yr. Groceries , gasoline , utilities , new and used cars all still double digits .Avg 30 yr mortgage rate cracks 5 1/2 percent with purchase activity rising the past two weeks as the rates go up.
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-11-2022 at 01:17 PM.
    Do something Danke

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably down to 50 days , the GDP wiil need to be positive the next 50 days.
    Do something Danke

Bank of america says S & p could drop another 28 percent between now and end of Oct, Iran raises food prices ,US producer prices continue to rise double digits , 11 percent over last Apr up a half percent from last months 10 1/2. Glad I'm about done with my Christmas shopping . Danke struck off this years list as a deserter.
    Do something Danke

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast