Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: CPI jumps 5% in May of 2021, fastest since 2008

44 container ships backed up off the coast of Caly. Caly ports represent about 40 percent of the incoming china junk for americans . Avg wait time in LA is about 8 days. Shanghai to Chicago now avg of one month longer . Improvements expected in 2023 .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AOC and the other mentally challenged dems in congress are asking biden to replace powell at the fed . They demand the fed wield the power of climate changes with your worthless FRN's .
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-31-2021 at 11:04 AM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    AOC and the other mentally challenged dems in congress are asking biden to replace powell at the fed . The demand the fed wield the power of climate changes with your worthless FRN's .
    Yeah, I saw that. What do they want the Fed to do exactly? Print money and buy windmills? How is any of even remotely the responsibility of the federal reserve? One of the dumbest comments she's ever made and that's saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. What do they want the Fed to do exactly? Print money and buy windmills? How is any of even remotely the responsibility of the federal reserve? One of the dumbest comments she's ever made and that's saying something.
    crazy town most certainly
    Do something Danke

I think they're planning to acquire Mega-Maid...

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

The plague shutdowns have hurt social security and they are burning through the FRN's faster than they expected. Right now able to make payments for 12 more full years . Will then require a 25 percent cut . After the govt went out of its way to create inflation and make the dollar worthless .
    Do something Danke

The IRS is currently planning on giving Hurricane Ida victims more time to file taxes for 2020.
    Do something Danke

Rasmussen poll shows 52 percent think it best biden resign , only 39 percent disagree but also expect it would be worse under harris. Only 38 percent say she is qualified.
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bitcoin over 50K , Gold up to 1832 earlier this morning . No numbers expected to get where the fed would like in the next couple months.
    Do something Danke

Prices rising , Unemployment at 5.2 percent while millions no longer look for work , Fed leaving rates near zero into next yr , work force participation still 2 percent below pre plague levels , vaccinations dont prevent the plague , service industry losing jobs. Where will it lead ?
    Do something Danke

The plague shutdowns have hurt social security and they are burning through the FRN's faster than they expected. Right now able to make payments for 12 more full years . Will then require a 25 percent cut . After the govt went out of its way to create inflation and make the dollar worthless .
    Yeah I was reading some recent articles about SS running out of money earlier than they thought. Whenever I read blatantly wrong stuff like that is gives me more confidence that I'm right. The SS trust fund never had any money in it. All they have are treasury notes which is the same as nothing because it's simultaneously and asset and a liability. It's the same as writing a check to yourself. If I write a check to you it's an asset to you (and a liability to me). But if I write a check to myself it an asset and a liability so it cancels itself out. What gets me is that it's not a secret conspiracy, it's right out in the open but they still claim there's "money in the trust fund".

Yeah I was reading some recent articles about SS running out of money earlier than they thought. Whenever I read blatantly wrong stuff like that is gives me more confidence that I'm right. The SS trust fund never had any money in it. All they have are treasury notes which is the same as nothing because it's simultaneously and asset and a liability. It's the same as writing a check to yourself. If I write a check to you it's an asset to you (and a liability to me). But if I write a check to myself it an asset and a liability so it cancels itself out. What gets me is that it's not a secret conspiracy, it's right out in the open but they still claim there's "money in the trust fund".
    I understand why you think it's not a secret.

But as far as the propagandists are concerned, anything they haven't said this week is so completely forgotten that it is secret. Even stuff we've known for more than a century, like vitamin C fights a cold, and don't lie flat when you have chest congestion or you might get pneumonia.

The sad thing is, for a large swath of the population, they're right.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-04-2021 at 09:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

India gold imports up 3 billion yr over yr in Aug , up nearly fifty percent to 6.7 billion.
    Do something Danke

American tourism to Canada is done . Fifteen percent of 2019 levels last month. Done in by canadian restrictions. Bye Canada .
    Do something Danke

The economy is contracting yet costs are still going up and there are still shortages of goods. I dont think I'd be expecting good news between now and Thanksgiving .
    Do something Danke

Inflation is taking off. I noticed some small grocery items have really gone up. $1 up to $3. $2.25 up to $2.50. $1.99 up to $3.99, etc.

They really screw the poorest people the most.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/scotthortonshow/...30065598332932
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

https://twitter.com/ExitMultiple/sta...68078856560641

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/scotthortonshow/...30065598332932
    According to the CPI, rent is only up about 2% over the last year.

According to rental companies like Zillow it's up about 15-20%.

The way they're printing money and the way they are screwing landlords I'm guessing rent prices are just getting started.

According to the CPI, rent is only up about 2% over the last year.

According to rental companies like Zillow it's up about 15-20%.

The way they're printing money and the way they are screwing landlords I'm guessing rent prices are just getting started.
    Ya , my guess is housing as a total up 15 percent minimum just this summer.
    Do something Danke

Chicken feed is up 33 percent so the price of chicken will mirror that .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Inflation is taking off. I noticed some small grocery items have really gone up. $1 up to $3. $2.25 up to $2.50. $1.99 up to $3.99, etc.

They really screw the poorest people the most.
    At the rate we are going by Christmas the 2 dollar items will be 6 .
    Do something Danke

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Chicken feed is up 33 percent so the price of chicken will mirror that .
    I was shocked at fresh chicken prices at the store the other day. Beef already high and pork climbing also but chicken has jumped big time over the last month. Must be coincidence that meat prices are rising faster than other products....yeah that's it, coincidence. Definitely not the plant-based diet (and eventually bugs) agenda.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think what is most shocking is it is still going up . They are doomed to suffer a 15 percent loss most likely on the ol 401K while costs rise up to 50 percent over 2018 levels and everyone will act all surprised.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Trade deficit on goods rises nearly another one percent in August. Food exports of course down .Ten yr treasuries up to 1 1/2 , inflation expected to continue .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-28-2021 at 07:55 AM.
    Do something Danke

Nat Gas 5.87 . Going to be a cold winter for the peasants . Chritmas has been cancelled . One yr oil forecast of 86.00 does not include new dem taxes.
    Do something Danke

Sorry, Peasants

Tax the rich, right??!

National rent growth continues to accelerate at an alarming pace. While prices were generally static during 2020, they’ve risen dramatically in 2021. Relative to March 2020, the median one-bedroom rent nationally is up 10.7 percent, while two-bedrooms are up even more at 13.1 percent.
    https://www.zumper.com/blog/rental-price-data/
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Biden approval rating is 31 percent in Iowa . That seems a little high . We'll see after a cold winter with 3 1/3 dollar gas , 6 dollar nat gas and no Christmas gifts for the poor how that plays out . biden already below Trumps lowest in the state.
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-01-2021 at 01:06 PM.
    Do something Danke

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast