Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: CPI jumps 5% in May of 2021, fastest since 2008

Could be as little as 40 some days away from completing the biggest stagflation half yr in american history .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Consumer sentiment lowest than in over a decade . Drop of six from last month . Predictions were off by 7.8 percent .Very bad sign for the next 6 weeks . Consumer sentiment lowest in 13 years . Americans , dullards that they are just figured out income will not be equal to the inflation.
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-13-2022 at 11:50 PM.
    Do something Danke

American household debt rising with inflation , up 266 billion last quarter or up to nearly 16 trillion ( 15.85) and up 1.7 trillion from beginning of 2020.
    Do something Danke

Rumors from a northside Indy Jeweler say that buying gold that doesnt come from Russia is going to cost 20 percent more for the origin pedigree .
    Do something Danke

Polled consumers expecting nearly another 6 percent inflation for 2023.
    Do something Danke

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lets review , Apr inflation reported at 8.3 , hourly wages increases at .3.
    Do something Danke

Will Erdogan block the Fins from joining NATO?
    Do something Danke

Biden approval rating at 37 percent once again proving my theory that many citizens are retarded. This admin has zero to approve of . Zero.
    Do something Danke

India bans wheat exports . That ought to drive prices a little higher
    Do something Danke

Chicom productivity down 2.9 percent in April while chinese retail sales dropped 11.1 percent .
    Do something Danke

A little early to tell but getting close to the point where we will be needing June to be the month to bail out the first half of 2022. So whatever you think the odds are on that .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    A little early to tell but getting close to the point where we will be needing June to be the month to bail out the first half of 2022. So whatever you think the odds are on that .
    The only thing that's going to bail out the markets is when the Fed reverses course.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    The only thing that's going to bail out the markets is when the Fed reverses course.
    I think the fed will meet in June and they could raise rates another 1/4 point if everything remains about where it is now so ....... what are your thoughts if that happens? I expected Gold to go back to 1820 this morning. There is a lot of money out of crypto ( even more than I expected ) and about as much money out of stocks as I expected . I thought more of it would go to gold since sitting on cash is such a losing proposition so that shows how much I know . If these people are smart enough to save and or invest ( however you view it ) you'd think they wouldn't be happy losing what you'd be losing right now sitting on cash .Cash year over yr right now is zero . It takes 2k to buy what 1k would've a yr ago.
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-16-2022 at 12:41 PM.
    Do something Danke

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sweden announces intent to join NATO . Mcdonalds will shed russian business .
    Do something Danke

I wonder how high inflation could go above the past yr if the fed did reverse course ? Hell , we're already a banana republic with no bananas when it takes 2k to buy what 1k wouldve a yr ago.
    Do something Danke

I think the fed will meet in June and they could raise rates another 1/4 point if everything remains about where it is now so ....... what are your thoughts if that happens? I expected Gold to go back to 1820 this morning. There is a lot of money out of crypto ( even more than I expected ) and about as much money out of stocks as I expected . I thought more of it would go to gold since sitting on cash is such a losing proposition so that shows how much I know . If these people are smart enough to save and or invest ( however you view it ) you'd think they wouldn't be happy losing what you'd be losing right now sitting on cash .Cash year over yr right now is zero . It takes 2k to buy what 1k would've a yr ago.
    I think the market is expecting a .5 rate hike in June. I've been expecting to lose money while the Fed is tightening, just not as much as the overall stock market. I think when the Fed starts to loosen is when gold, gold stocks, oil, oil stocks, etc are going to take off, and a lot more than other markets.

The question is when will the Fed reverse course? My guess is still around the last half of this year. Biden might be pressuring the Fed to stimulate before the elections if things are crashing. At some point the crash will overtake inflation as the number one priority.

after looking at all the data the only positive thing i could find is US retail sales were up .9 percent in April. That may not though be beneficial to he inflation problem as we continue to have too many FRN's chasing too few goods.
    Do something Danke

retail earnings in , walmart slashes profit outlook for the yr , target suggests fuel costs alone will increase by 1 billion , cuts its operating income margin outlook.
    Do something Danke

new record gasoline highs here and record global wheat prices.still chooglin', crude oil 113
    Do something Danke

new record gasoline highs here and record global wheat prices.still chooglin', crude oil 113
    Nobody is laughing at my little car anymore.

All the real auto makers left russia so the ruskies will revive the old soviet Moskvich in an abandoned Renault factory.
    Do something Danke

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All the real auto makers left russia so the ruskies will revive the old soviet Moskvich in an abandoned Renault factory. Moskvich though plans to go gay and after some success switch to electric . Russians so stupid no longer a threat to the rest of the world. Bye ruskies.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde
    after looking at all the data the only positive thing i could find is US retail sales were up .9 percent in April. That may not though be beneficial to he inflation problem as we continue to have too many FRN's chasing too few goods.
    And the msm stats generally don't take inflation into consideration when reporting "sales up .9% year over year". It's usually based on pure dollar figures. So when hearing their numbers it means that sales (total items sold, individual customer tickets, etc) were actually way down overall. Overall economic activity is far lower year over year.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Homebuyer mortgage payment amounts up 43.4 percent yr over yr . Reaching 2447.00 . To put that in perspective , my take home pay about 20 yrs ago from my 50K yr steel factory managers job was around 2600 . That was after putting maybe 11 percent into my retirement , federal , state , county taxes with held , social security tax , medicare tax and family plan health insurance payment of about 20 percent of what the co pd for the ins , 3 times salary life ins policy ( company pd 1 times ), dental ins , vision ins . And then no tax refund. My mortgage payment during those times ( I never had more than one even though I owned several homes ) was somewhere between 500 to 700, I never borrowed more than slightly more than one times my yearly salary. So te avg american mortgage is what my take home pay was 20 years ago. Thats a lot of inflation.
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-23-2022 at 07:21 AM.
    Do something Danke

Avg US gasoline price up another 1/3rd of dollar , past 4.70. Chooglin.
    Do something Danke

bidens current plan is to beg opec for oil
    Do something Danke

jpmorgan says gas prices could exceed 6.20 by august , i'm guessing that moves diesel to 7 1/4 . i expect this to happen because there is no real increase in refining capacity nor will there be new investment in oil processes under the economic terrorist dems ( pelosi , schumer , biden harris ) or whatever creatures they run in the next elections .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-24-2022 at 01:35 PM.
    Do something Danke

CBO predicts over 6 percent inflation rest of this yr , over 3 percent next yr and that is factoring in 2 1/2 percent Fed interest increase. CBO predicts 1.2 trillion per yr in interest to service debt by 2032 or more than the current defense spending . CBO cites too much spending and too little action by the fed ( all very true ) however I think 3.1 inflation for 2023 could be optimistic. They seem to think the good news is the low unemployment but really the labor participation rate is not a positive and the CBO admits that the growing debt is out of control going into the future. Basically GDP has not ( dismal for years now ) and will not save the future as the main spending will become interest on debt .That is a failed economic model. CBO budget Director will testify tomorrow to House Budget Committee on the newest report of failure . The failed house will then do nothing positive .
    Do something Danke

Pretty big drop in M2 in the last reading. Maybe that is a one off. But it looks like the inflation the Fed has the most influence over (non-energy) peaked. Jeremy Siegel is a Wharton professor and a Milton Friedman disciple and who has been right about inflation for the last 15 years thinks the Fed should possibly stop hiking after the June meeting. The Fed made the error by not tightening last year and now thinks you can somehow make up for it by slamming on the breaks and sending the passenger through the window.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast