Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: CPI jumps 5% in May of 2021, fastest since 2008

economy shrinks second quarter by about a percent as expected. so on avg through the first six months of the yr about a negative 1 1/4 .i'm not expecting jul to be better and think oct has potential to be worse.anyway try and find something to be happy with because you are in a recession and there is ten percent or more inflation , your dollar is worthless and will become more so ea day. i'm cooking out bratwurst for lunch today , cut back on the ribeyes and i'm still happy.
    Last edited by oyarde; 07-28-2022 at 09:22 AM.
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    economy shrinks second quarter by about a percent as expected. so on avg through the first six months of the yr about a negative 1 1/4 .i'm not expecting jul to be better and think oct has potential to be worse.anyway try and find something to be happy with because you are in a recession and there is ten percent or more inflation , your dollar is worthless and will become more so ea day. i'm cooking out bratwurst for lunch today , cut back on the ribeyes and i'm still happy.
    I've said this a million times so this'll be a million and one. We've probably applied the greatest amount of stimulus in the history of mankind over the last 12 years. 20 trillion in debt, 8 trillion in printed money, 5-7 trillion in trade deficits, 0% rates. We have to crash from all that stimulus, it's inevitable. And it's logical that the crash is proportional to the stimulus so hang on.

My guess over the next couple months is that price inflation comes down a little and at the same time the economy is going to continue to slow and unemployment will start to pickup. At some point soon recession is going to be a bigger political problem than inflation and at that point the Fed is going to pivot to lower rates and more QE.
    Last edited by Madison320; 07-28-2022 at 03:04 PM.

At this point I'm not expecting much improvement in inflation in July - Aug or GDP or GDP in Oct or Jan - March.
    Do something Danke

Don't worry... The inflation-reduction-act-of-2022 will save the economy!!

How can you possibly vote against something with a name like that?! Do you NOT want to reduce inflation?!! Are you NOT a patriot?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Don't worry... The inflation-reduction-act-of-2022 will save the economy!!

How can you possibly vote against something with a name like that?! Do you NOT want to reduce inflation?!! Are you NOT a patriot?
    Fighting Inflation With Inflation - Razör Rants
    "No, dig UP, stupid!" - Da Gubment
    https://odysee.com/@RazorFist:1/figh...n-raz%C3%B6r:d

"Only... Congress could spend twice the money they're going to save on saving it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Manchin a real loser . Voting for the 433 billion inflation act that provides nothing but pork to people making 300k and over to buy junk electric cars and to the IRS for more terrozing of the american citizen and more inflation. Disgraceful.
    Do something Danke

Looks like the new dem bill raises my taxes between 1.1 and 3.1 percent next yr depending on if I turn in 10K or30k in income . Thats those dems always looking out for you . The new 15 percent mnimum corporate tax will push future jobs further overseas also along with a 25 billion oil tax to raise gas prices for the poor. Great job dumb $#@!s.
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-01-2022 at 11:30 AM.
    Do something Danke

New dem bill will give IRS 80 billion over ten years and add 87k irs agents which I think will bring the amount of annual ahdits to 2 million from the current 600 to 700k audits. All of this coming when you cannot even contact the IRS. I also project these expenditures to bring in zero cash . If it does raise any monies it will come from the low class suffering under inflation from this same govt. and it will not pay for this expansion. Current bill also expected to result in net loss of 30K private sector jobs further reduciing revenues. The destruction of america continues under dem house.
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-03-2022 at 11:18 AM.
    Do something Danke

New dem bill will give IRS 80 billion over ten years and add 87k irs agents which I think will bring the amount of annual ahdits to 2 million from the current 600 to 700k audits. All of this coming when you cannot even contact the IRS. I also project these expenditures to bring in zero cash . If it does raise any monies it will come from the low class suffering under inflation from this same govt. and it will not pay for this expansion. Current bill also expected to result in net loss of 30K private sector jobs further reduciing revenues. The destruction of america continues under dem house.

It's been real quiet the two months or so. I have a feeling something is going to break soon. Our economy is addicted to stimulus and can't go without for very long.

Watch the federal debt. I think that's going to start to spike. When there's a recession the debt usually start to ramp up. Less tax revenue from income and more spending from unemployment, etc.
    Last edited by Madison320; 08-07-2022 at 10:43 AM.

In two days and three weeks we'll be starting our 9th month of stagflation. Thats lots of inflation and no growth for anyone who hasnt seen it before . Glad I'm done Christmas shopping
    Do something Danke

New number is 8 1/2 with groceries up over another percent as last month. According to labor dept in past yr electricity up over 15 percent. I would expect food to continue to rise .
    Do something Danke

Pelaton ( PTON , bike & tread machines) will be raising prices , outsourcing , laying off 800 workers in sweeping overhaul that will also close many retail show rooms in the future. This will be the third set of layoffs tis yr. Closing 16 North American warehouses and stopping delivery vans and drivers being employed by the company while axing half of customer support .
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-26-2022 at 04:24 PM.
    Do something Danke

US retail spending flat in july.Inflation rate in Turkey reaches highest level in 24 years.US economy leading index falls nearly a half percent , falling for fifth consecutive month as we enter the beginning of our 9th month of stagflation in two weeks. Still expecting the deadbeat fed to go big on next interest hike.
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-18-2022 at 10:13 AM.
    Do something Danke

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    US natural gas prices surge to 14 yr high
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-26-2022 at 04:23 PM.
    Do something Danke

Inflation still chooglin , new politburo number of 6.3. Ha , you'll dream of only 6.3 when the winter heat bills roll in. Consumer confidemce in the toilet , consumer spending flat. Can Christmas spirit and spending save a doomed america?
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-26-2022 at 04:23 PM.
    Do something Danke

3M getting ready to start announcing job cutss.
    Do something Danke

3M getting ready to start announcing job cutss.

The national debt is really starting to accelerate. We're about to blow past 31 trillion. As I've said before I think a spike in the debt is a really good indicator of a recession. As the economy contracts the government collects less tax revenue and more people use handouts. And it's a number that's hard to fudge.

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/data...t-to-the-penny

"growth recession"

"They use language to manipulate, not to communicate." -- Michael Malice

https://twitter.com/i/events/1565407528103694336

OK , where do they think the growth is coming from? US GDP averages from 2001 through 2021 ( 21 yrs ) 1.94 percent. That wont be seen in 2022 or 2023 most likely. Are they shooting for 2024 as they are with inflation ? It is ridiculous .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    The national debt is really starting to accelerate. We're about to blow past 31 trillion. As I've said before I think a spike in the debt is a really good indicator of a recession. As the economy contracts the government collects less tax revenue and more people use handouts. And it's a number that's hard to fudge.

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/data...t-to-the-penny
    21 yrs ago in 2000 the National debt was 5.7 trillion and GDP had grown over 4 percent for four consecutive yrs even with dot com bust. Since then avg of 1.9 percent while the debt increased roughly 450 percent.
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-01-2022 at 08:02 PM.
    Do something Danke

OK , where do they think the growth is coming from?
    They don't really think "growth" is going to come from anywhere.

In fact, they don't really think at all - period. (This is not hyperbole or snark.)

Thinking requires meaning, and "growth recession" is just empty happy-talk that doesn't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    "They use language to manipulate, not to communicate." -- Michael Malice
    The (anti-)concept of "growth recession" is not meant to be understood. At most, it is meant to foster the illusion of understanding.

But they don't actually desire to understand anything - and they don't desire that you or I understand anything, either.

They merely desire to control - and they desire that you and I submit to their control. That is all there is to this.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Eurozone inflation at 9.1 percent and expected to rise. Federal reserve warns no end in sight for inflation .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-02-2022 at 06:20 AM.
    Do something Danke

It may be time to face some hard truth . American growth as been dismal overall for 21 3/4 yrs soon to be 23 yrs ( by the Feds own estimate ). Based on that fact we can safely assume business cannot generate an acceptable GDP because it has become too constrained by govt to do so. Since the dem solution from the dem house of reps is always more govt there is zero chance of success . Anyone who doesnt completely understand this only need look at GDP for Covid shutdown yr ( 2020 -3.4 percent ) and covid reopen yr ( 2021 +5.7 percent) . If you shut down an entire economy and reopen it a yr later and only get plus 5.7 percent growth ( a number you should be close to about all the time ) while spending the past two decades increasing debt by 450 percent you are screwed.
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-02-2022 at 07:43 AM.
    Do something Danke

It may be time to face some hard truth . American growth as been dismal overall for 21 3/4 yrs soon to be 23 yrs ( by the Feds own estimate ). Based on that fact we can safely assume business cannot generate an acceptable GDP because it has become too constrained by govt to do so. Since the dem solution from the dem house of reps is always more govt there is zero chance of success . Anyone who doesnt completely understand this only need look at GDP for Covid shutdown yr ( 2020 -3.4 percent ) and covid reopen yr ( 2021 +5.7 percent) . If you shut down an entire economy and reopen it a yr later and only get plus 5.7 percent growth ( a number you should be close to about all the time ) while spending the past two decades increasing debt by 450 percent you are screwed.
    To be fair the republicans spend almost as much as democrats.

2020 may have been a good year to illustrate my earlier point about debt as a good indicator of economic health. In 2020 the stock market skyrocketed but so did the debt. Also as you mentioned GDP was bad. It's pretty obvious that the economy was a wreck in 2020 so debt and gdp were much more accurate indicators compared to the stock market.

Opec cuts supply , gas still 4 here , deisel 5 1/2.
    Do something Danke

Inflation still in third world territory in a country with no positive gdp
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    If they are admitting a 5% jump, the true number is probably more like 15%-20%

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/10/b...-may-2021.html
    Correct sir!

And it also varies regionally. It's 13% in Phoenix for example. I would love to see an inflation map broken down by counties.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-with-13-rate

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Inflation still chooglin' . Personal Consumption Expenditures price index showing 6.2 percent after the previous month revised to 6.4 percent. No difference as you can see . Gas and energy prices rising here ( gasoline 4.10). During this entire time of rampant , run away third world inflation lower energy costs were te only thing that ever moved this index down. Mid Sept reading of same index shows further increase in inflation. Discretionary spending not going up so look for no improvements in Sept - Oct. . Enjpy your hot dog and water and be glad it isnt grasshoppers.
    Do something Danke

Energy prices just keep on chooglin' . No inflation relief or GDP growth in sight. The good times are over .
    Do something Danke

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast