Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: CPI jumps 5% in May of 2021, fastest since 2008

Senate raises debt ceiling 2 1/2 trillion to finish out this yr.
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here is the deal . The fed is going to spend the next 27 or so months raising the interest rate to 2 percent or so . Meanwhile the stock markets are most likely to take a dive . While all thats going on there is still going to be inflation , next year a lot of it based on wholesale and mnfg costs now. Wages will be inflated but they are not going to keep up .Poorer people are becoming poorer by the day. Workforce participation and GDP are dismal . Be a good time for people to start doing something for representation that is willing to remove govt from business.
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-15-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    Do something Danke

Rumors are Dodge will discontinue Hemi V8
    Do something Danke

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

On the ground in Turkey , real inflation about 50 percent . Maybe that will make your 11 or 15 percent easier.
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-15-2021 at 03:31 PM.
    Do something Danke

I'm enjoying my fresh groud sausage and hashbrowns this morning. Any of you peasants want something , see Danke for current pricing on stale , generic pop tarts.
    Do something Danke

Rumors are S&P will dump evergrande into the default bin .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Here is the deal . The fed is going to spend the next 27 or so months raising the interest rate to 2 percent or so . Meanwhile the stock markets are most likely to take a dive . While all thats going on there is still going to be inflation , next year a lot of it based on wholesale and mnfg costs now. Wages will be inflated but they are not going to keep up .Poorer people are becoming poorer by the day. Workforce participation and GDP are dismal . Be a good time for people to start doing something for representation that is willing to remove govt from business.
    Yup, we're in a tightening cycle, although right now it's just barely less loose. I suspect that my inflation based investments are going to go down until the next loosening cycle. The good news is I don't think this tightening cycle is going to last very long, maybe less than a year. I'm guessing they finish the taper and get in a few .25 rates hikes and then some sort of debt based disaster will occur and they have to drop rates back to zero and launch the biggest QE yet.

The tightening cycles keep getting shorter and weaker, while the loosening cycles are getting longer and stronger. So I'm just going to relax and be patient and wait for this tightening cycle to end.

Without the two trillion social spending bill in the senate being added to debt Goldman Sachs revises down estimated GDP growth for first three quarters of 2022 to an avg of 2.5 . Seems a little optimistic to me , I think anything over 2 is.
    Do something Danke

Biden extends federal student loan repayment pause through May 01 . Govt doesnt need the money
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    And right on cue:

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1476151886378065924
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-30-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Love 'em or hate 'em, Reason is right on cue, too:

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Another 7 percent in Dec , so about 10 .
    Do something Danke

Just relax, everyone.

There's nothing to be concerned about.

The Fed has got this ...

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1480923726506041353

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

January is set to be higher than December's 7%. Can't imagine it is any less than that. All other indicators are still rising as we enter the second half of the month.

But yea, this is fine.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Actually it has three percent to go up just to catch up with production costs.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

You can run on for a long time, run on for a long time... but sooner or later, inflation gonna cut you down
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Prices are jumping every time I go grocery shopping. Most notable increase that I follow is the crab meat price. A can of claw meat was $12.99 a year ago. Same can is now $27.99.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Prices are jumping every time I go grocery shopping. Most notable increase that I follow is the crab meat price. A can of claw meat was $12.99 a year ago. Same can is now $27.99.
    I still firmly believe that the most accurate long term driver of inflation is the fed's balance sheet. If it wasn't it would mean we could all just stay home and let the Fed send us checks.

The balance sheet is 9 times larger than it was in 2008 so ultimately prices should follow. In other words the price rises we've seen over the past year are just the tip of the iceberg.

My guess is commodity prices will fall a little while the Fed is in this "tightening cycle" and then go ballistic later this year when all hell breaks loose and they launch an even bigger round of QE and set rates back to zero. I don't really watch the CPI, it's too rigged. I look at commodity prices like gold, oil, wheat, copper, etc. I think they'll all be making record highs later this year.

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I'm throwing a flag on "What Austrian economists think it is" -- move that under the burglar, and the meme will be salvaged (mostly). Austrians are crystal-clear that inflation is theft through counterfeiting.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast