Thread: Biden dangles $1M lottery, beer prizes to get 70% Vax'd by 4th; W. VA offers guns, trucks...

Post Biden dangles $1M lottery, beer prizes to get 70% Vax'd by 4th; W. VA offers guns, trucks...

Super Vax promotion plays ahead of July 4th freedom celeberations:

West Virginia to offer trucks and guns as Covid vaccine incentives
    Wed, June 2, 2021
    As 41 percent of West Virginia residents are fully vaccinated against Covid-19, the state is stepping up its incentives for vaccinations by offering trucks and guns to those who receive at least one dose of the vaccine. NBC News’ Gary Grumbach breaks down how West Virginia is hoping to bolster its vaccine rate with these new prizes.
    news.yahoo.com/west-virginia-offer-trucks-guns-112135937.html

Biden's race to get shots in 14.7M adults in 30 days: President offers free beer for 200,000, a $1M lottery prize and a White House trip in final bid to reach 'COVID independence' on July 4 with 70% vaccinated

• Biden spoke Wednesday about progress in the vaccination campaign
    • He touted 'shot and a beer' program
    • Also floated the idea of a July 4th White House visit
    • 63 per cent of Americans are now at least partially vaccinated
    • Anheuser-Busch announced Wednesday it's teaming up with the White House
    • Biden is starting a 'month of action' Wednesday to get more shots into arms
    • He pleaded with those under age 40 to get their shots
    • 200,000 Americans can win a $5 prepaid card for free drinks by uploading a photo of themselves 'in their favorite place to grab a beer'
    • Biden has said he hopes July 4 will be the 'independence from COVID'
    • 62.8 percent of the adult U.S. population have received at least one dose
    • Rate of new vaccinations has slowed to an average below 600,000 per day
    • It reached a high of 800,000 when incentives like lotteries were at their peak

By Geoff Earle, Deputy U.S. Political Editor For Dailymail.com and Emily Goodin, Senior Political Reporter For Dailymail.com
    2 June 2021

President Joe Biden is touting a dramatically improved summer as U.S. vaccination rates increase – as he joined the fray with his own inducement to get people vaccinated with the prize of a trip to the White House.
    And the son of a car salesman talked up 'free beer' as another incentive that just might persuade lingering Americans to take part in a nationwide vaccination campaign to stamp out the virus.
    Citing new statistics showing 63 per cent of U.S. adults were now vaccinated, Biden said the nation was heading into summer in circumstances he called 'dramatically different' from last summer.

President Joe Biden touted a free beer promotion, ticket giveaways, and a trip to the White House on July 4th as he seeks to entice Americans to get vaccinated to meet his goal of 70 percent of adults having at least one shot by July 4th

'A summer of freedom. A summer of joy. Summer of get-togethers and celebrations. An All American summer that this country deserves after a long, long dark winter that we've all endured.'

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9645483/President-offers-free-beer-200-000-1M-lottery-trip-White-House-vax-campaign.html

Update:

Joe Biden uses Indian variant’s ‘rapid spread’ in UK as warning to Americans in vaccine plea

Joe Biden has used the UK as a bad example of how the Indian Covid variant can ‘spread rapidly’ through the population as he begs un-vaccinated Americans to get their jabs.

The president issued the stark warning to the US – where only 42% of the population have been fully vaccinated – on Tuesday as he tries to tackle a severe slump in vaccine take-up.

metro.co.uk/2021/06/09/joe-biden-uses-indian-variants-rapid-spread-in-uk-as-warning-to-americans-14740866/

Related

Trump: Covid vaccine is "truly a Christmas Miracle"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What? No pictures of Trump and a rainbow flag? I know it has nothing to do with vaccines, but it's pride month.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    What? No pictures of Trump and a rainbow flag? I know it has nothing to do with vaccines, but it's pride month.
    You sure about that?

In any case, Vax (aka Trumpcine) and beer, guns are sort of MAGA territory that Biden wing appears to be encroaching upon (now that MAGA is unable to tweet and MAGA ground enforcers 'Proud Boys' have been flipped apparently).

nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/lgbt-flyers-picturing-lady-liberty-gun-beer-trump-sent-nashville-n923241

Off-Topic

Following Russia, Hungary passes law banning LGBT content in schools or kids’ TV

I think the ones who got the shot already and were deprived of the free govt bennies should march on DC and demand more free $#@!.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I think the ones who got the shot already and were deprived of the free govt bennies should march on DC and demand more free $#@!.
    With help of private sector, they should be able to get at least free beer.

America’s largest beer company will buy the country a round if it hits Biden’s July 4 vaccination goal

June 2, 2021 at 6:31 p.m. EDT
    It’s a campaign that feels like a booze-fueled party waiting at the finish line of a marathon: If the United States reaches President Biden’s vaccination goal by the Fourth of July, Anheuser-Busch will buy adults a round of beer.
    Just over a month remains until July 4, the date Biden set to meet a goal of at least 70 percent of adults receiving at least one coronavirus vaccine shot. To help reach that point, the beverage company announced what it’s calling its biggest beer giveaway ever, one that comes in a “pivotal moment where people are excited to be together again,” the company’s chief marketing officer, Marcel Marcondes, said in a statement.
    washingtonpost.com/health/2021/06/02/anheuser-busch-budweiser-free-beer-july-4-vaccine-goal/

How come every time a “Republican” gets in, I lose more of my freedoms?

Off Gold Standard, TSA, Patriot Act, DHS, OWS… Vax-A-Million (DeWino, R-OH).

How come every time, dingbat democrats always take it where “Republicans” left off?

Romney-Care >> Obamney-Care

How come every time, people tell me to make sure I vote “Republican”?
    Last edited by PAF; 06-02-2021 at 08:02 PM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    How come every time a “Republican” gets in, I lose more of my freedoms?

Off Gold Standard, TSA, Patriot Act, DHS, OWS… Vax-A-Million (DeWino, R-OH).

How come every time, dingbat democrats always take it where “Republicans” left off?

Romney-Care >> Obamney-Care

How come every time, people tell me to make sure I vote “Republican”?
    The GOP is a little better. Maybe it helps a bit to vote for them. I still do but didn't for Trump. It hardly matters anymore, the country is $#@!ed. It's more important to just look out for yourself now.

Just remember, folks, this is all still experimental. No long term testing has been done. Why so many people are rushing to get their jabs just proves how stupid most people are...
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Turns out you were right:

Biden Recognizes Pride Month, Vowing to Fight for L.G.B.T.Q. Rights
    The New York Times
    June 1, 2021

Now can we get back to the main topic, taxpayers funded Vax lotto incentives as part of Warp Speed 2.0 .

Washington State Dictator is pushing Joints for Jabs..

I know of no retail outlet involved yet.. this is new. (and confusing,)

I also know of no Cannabis users having problems with colds.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ne/7598398002/
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Turns out you were right:

Biden Recognizes Pride Month, Vowing to Fight for L.G.B.T.Q. Rights
    The New York Times
    June 1, 2021

Now can we get back to the main topic, taxpayers funded Vax lotto incentives as part of Warp Speed 2.0 .
    Does your program not recognize sarcasm?

If it were free beer for life, I’d consider it…oh wait, I’d probably die before I could take advantage of that…
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

What is this madness? Isn't this virus basically gone now? I've gotten no communication from work in the past 6 weeks about covid cases
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Might not be a bad idea, at least in Washington State, D.C., and New York.

Last edited by Sonny Tufts; 06-11-2021 at 07:45 AM.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Washington State Dictator is pushing Joints for Jabs..

I know of no retail outlet involved yet.. this is new. (and confusing,)

I also know of no Cannabis users having problems with colds.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ne/7598398002/
    I saw that.

Washington: We want you to take the vaccine so you're healthy!
    Also Washington: Gives away drugs...

Free beer? Hm.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    I saw that.

Washington: We want you to take the vaccine so you're healthy!
    Also Washington: Gives away drugs...
    LOL, I do not consider cannabis to be a "drug". more of a Health supplement.

But I have not seen this here yet... nor any need for it..

Pot stores are the healthiest places in town.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Next will be free beer and weed for life to keep the population complacent and compliant. I'm not even kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Next will be free beer and weed for life to keep the population complacent and compliant. I'm not even kidding.
    That just might be enough for @dannno to get the jab.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    That just might be enough for @dannno to get the jab.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    LOL, I do not consider cannabis to be a "drug". more of a Health supplement.

But I have not seen this here yet... nor any need for it..

Pot stores are the healthiest places in town.
    For me, it depends. CBD oil has shown numerous benefits. Studies are beginning to show that smoking marijuana has the same cancer risks as tobacco, and it decreases blood flow to the hippocampus, which helps form memory.

But, yeah, we need to stop bribing people to take a vaccine. No one bribes anti-vax parents with beer, weed, and a lottery ticket to give their kids the measles vaccine...

Studies are beginning to show that smoking marijuana has the same cancer risks as tobacco,
    You do realize, that unproven claim has circulated since 1930s Germany where it originated.

I also Smoke Tobacco..
    Have since 12 years old..

And Scientifically the only KNOWN cause of cancer is Radiation..
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Studies are beginning to show that smoking marijuana has the same cancer risks as tobacco
    Studies used to show that, because they were bad studies. Then some longterm studies came out about 20-30 years ago showing that it actually had the opposite affect.. which makes sense because THC and CBD help reduce tumor growth. Also, an average smoker might smoke 20 cigarettes a day, whereas an average cannabis smoker might smoke the equivalent of a half a cigarette - 2 cigarettes worth of cannabis.

A lot of people vape cannabis concentrates these days, which doesn't create the same carcinogenic materials that smoking can. Also, the higher quality cannabis that has higher THC percentages leads people to smoke less plant material.

I don't even know if organic tobacco causes cancer, because since the 1930s they have apparently been using a phosphorus fertilizer that contains radioactive elements. Then eventually they ended up filling them with hundreds of chemicals. Now even the paper has to have chemicals in it. So there is really no good way to test that.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Hopefully this Biden statement is not like George Bush's famous 'read my lips, no new taxes' statement.

H/T Drudge"

BIDEN VOWS NO NEW LOCKDOWNS...
    SET TO MISS JULY 4 VAX TARGET...

Biden Says India Variant is ‘Particularly Dangerous’ for Certain Groups

By Anna Breuer on 19 June 2021
    Carnegie Hall in New York City

President Joseph Biden said that the India, or Delta, variant of the coronavirus is of greater concern than previous mutations of the virus. “The data is clear: If you are unvaccinated, you’re at risk of getting seriously ill or dying or spreading it,” Biden said during a news conference at the White House. He said the variant “will leave unvaccinated people even more vulnerable than they were a month ago.”

The India, or Delta, variant of the coronavirus is quickly becoming dominant in the United States, officials there said. “It’s more transmissible than the Alpha variant, or the UK variant, that we have here,” said Dr. Rochelle Wllensky told ABC News in an interview on Good Morning America Friday.

As of Saturday morning, the world has recorded over 178.7 million Covid-19 cases and has seen 3.87 million deaths, according to Worldometer, a service that tracks such information. In addition, over 163.3 million people worldwide have recovered from the virus.

In the United States, the death toll, which recently crossed the 600,000 mark, is now 616,924. Since the start of the pandemic the country has recorded over 34.4 million individual cases, a higher figure than any other country and second only to India which has seen 29.9 million cases.

Officials in the United Kingdom are reporting that 99% of new coronavirus cases are the India, or Delta, variant. Over 33,000 were identified over the past week, a 79% increase over the prior week. “Cases are rising rapidly across the country and the Delta variant is now dominant,” said Jenny Harries, the UK Health Security Agency’s CEO.

Related

Highly contagious India COVID variant spreading rapidly in the US, now 7% of new cases

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The Great Oyarde still unvaxed and free. Hope Danke has some llube for his chicom anal swabs.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Might not be a bad idea, at least in Washington State, D.C., and New York.

Wonders of "free markets" incentives and marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Great meme, reminds me of Ron Paul "Dr NO" memes.. almost.

In other independence day news, vax target has been missed:

Biden warns of danger of Delta variant as US set to miss vaccination target

President says America has Covid-19 ‘on the run’ but new cases jumped 10% amid patchy take-up of vaccines across country

Sarah Betancourt in Boston and Joan E Greve in Washington
    Sat 3 Jul 2021

Joe Biden has warned that although America has Covid-19 “on the run” the latest variant is of particular concern among those who remain unvaccinated – as the president’s goal of 70% of US adults receiving at least one shot of vaccine by the Fourth of July holiday was set to fall short.

New US cases of coronavirus jumped by 10% in the past week as the highly contagious Delta variant spreads, especially where vaccination rates are low.

Biden warns 'lives will be lost' if more people aren't vaccinated against Covid – video
    “I am concerned that people who have not gotten vaccinated have the capacity to catch the variant and spread the variant to other people who haven’t been vaccinated,” Biden said on Friday.

Nearly 25% of new US infections have been linked to the “hyper-transmissable” Delta variant, first identified in India, up from 6% in June.
    As of 1 July, 66.8% of US adults have received at least one dose of vaccine. A total of 54.6% of all Americans have received one or more shot.

“We’re very, very close to that [government] goal,” said Iwan Barankay, a professor of business economics and public policy at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.

But he added: “We need to aim for higher than 70% to get us to herd immunity. We have to think clearly about who [has] not gotten vaccinated yet and understand why … we have to think about the people who are just vehemently opposed, based on their pure convictions or how they understand the evidence and science.”
    Barankay said the federal funding and supply of vaccinations was already there for communities that have low vaccination rates, but that state and local governments need to carry the torch the final stretch to persuade people, with decentralized messaging, to get the shot.

“I’m actually quite impressed how many people got vaccinated, my benchmark was how many people would get a flu shot in a bad flu year,” he said, adding that is usually about 55% of people.
    The US has recorded 33.7m coronavirus cases and 605,000 deaths, the highest totals in the world, according to the Johns Hopkins coronavirus resource center.
    Levels of inoculation vary steeply across the US. In mid-June Vermont became the first state where 80% of eligible people have had at least one shot, and up to 66% are fully vaccinated, making it the top state in the Becker Hospital Review’s vaccine tracker, which relies on federal data.
    Mississippi ranks last in the US for getting shots in arms, according to the tracker, with just under 30% of people fully vaccinated.

theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/03/joe-biden-coronavirus-covid-delta-variant

Biden could use door-to-door vax effort to seize guns and bibles: Rep. Cawthorn
    By Jon Levine
    July 10, 2021

"They could then go door-to-door and take your guns, they could go door-to-door and take your Bibles," Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) said. REUTERS

Freshman GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn said President Biden’s door-to-door vaccine initiative wouldn’t just stop there and could eventually target guns and even Bibles.

“Now, they’re starting to talk about going door-to-door to be able to take vaccines to the people,” Cawthorn told Right Side Broadcasting during a gathering of the Conservative Political Action Conference in Dallas.
    nypost.com/2021/07/10/rep-madison-cawthorn-warns-biden-will-seize-guns-and-bibles/