Thread: Immunity after SARS-CoV-2 infections

Immunity after SARS-CoV-2 infections

Dr. Rand Paul has been vindicated. There has always been natural immunity to SARS-CoV-2 after infection, even for mild and asymptomatic cases. There is no need to be vaccinated for a person who has already had SARS-CoV-2:

Immunity after SARS-CoV-2 infections

... In the current issue of Nature Immunology, Zuo et al.6 characterize the durability and diversity of memory T cell responses established after asymptomatic or mild COVID-19.

The authors studied T cell responses six months after infection in 100 individuals (median age 41 years) who had relatively mild infections (56 people) or asymptomatic infections (44 people).
    Although individuals with severe disease were not included in this study, another recent report did not find significant differences in the magnitude of SARS-CoV-2-specific T cell responses between participants who were hospitalized and those who were not hospitalized5. Importantly, IFN-γ-producing T cell responses did not correlate with the age of the subjects within the cohort. Together with a separate report that found that T cell responses in patients with COVID-19 increased with age7, the data are reassuring that robust T cell responses can be elicited by SARS-CoV-2 infection regardless of one’s age.
    A central question related to SARS-CoV-2 immunity is whether infection establishes a reservoir of memory cells against this pathogen that are capable of fending off a subsequent infection. This study is reassuring, as the majority of individuals who were infected six months earlier, even if they experienced no symptoms or mild symptoms during infection, were capable of mounting a cellular immune response against this pathogen.
    More: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41590-021-00923-3
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-27-2021 at 12:49 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This does not support the pharma-media-government propaganda narrative that everyone must get a vaccine even if they already had COVID.

Will Facebook and Twitter censor an article published at Nature? Or will this simply be another in a long line of "we have always been at war with Eastasia" moments? At this point, it would be hard for Fauci, the CDC, and various other entities to contradict themselves more than they already have.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://www.twitter.com/RandPaul/sta...68461670850562

The science proves people with natural immunity should skip COVID vaccines
    By Dr. Rand Paul

It’s long past time for us to say no more to the science deniers.

It’s time for us to stand up to Washington bureaucrats who think you’re not smart enough to make your own decisions. It’s time for us to stand up to people who write columns ignoring 100 years of immunity science just to score cheap — and incorrect — political points.

These petty tyrants in government and their enablers in the media always think they know best. They deal in the currency of fear, hoping to scare the American people into submission.

For months, I’ve heard your pleas for a return to normalcy, and for months I’ve raised the alarm — loudly, publicly, and armed with studies that Dr. Anthony Fauci and the media have mostly chosen to ignore — studies showing that we can in fact safely send our kids back to school and reopen the economy.

Now they’re finally coming along, slowly.

But once again — from masks to vaccines, from variants to natural immunity — they have the scientific method upside down. Scientists aren’t supposed to ban or demand behavior based on a lack of knowledge. An objective scientist would defer from making pronouncements one way or the other until there is ample evidence.

To dictate that a person recovered from COVID-19 with natural immunity also submit to a vaccine — without scientific evidence — is nothing more than hubris. If you have no proof that people who acquired natural immunity are getting or transmitting the disease in real numbers, then perhaps you should just be quiet.

People are not getting re-infected in large numbers. And that’s not me saying so, that’s the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, quietly admitting that on its website.

One thing they also admitted, while at first trying to hide it, was that there are no studies showing that getting the vaccine if you already have natural immunity is of any benefit at all. They can’t show that, because it has not yet been studied. It took my friend Congressman Thomas Massie to make them admit this, by the way. They originally denied their own studies on this.

So, when I go out to the media and say that I, as a recovered COVID patient, will not get a vaccine that is not proven to help me nor proved I even need — the science deniers, bureaucrats and media typically go nuts.

But facts are facts. I’m no more likely to get or transmit COVID than someone who is vaccinated.

We know this. Doctors know this. Scientists who design vaccines know this. Vaccines are created to attempt to replicate the immunity we get from having been infected with a disease.

I want all the science deniers to read that again. Vaccines are a replacement for natural immunity. They aren’t necessarily better. In fact, natural immunity from measles confers lifelong immunity and the vaccine immunity wanes over a few decades.

I choose to follow the science with COVID, rather than submit to fear-mongering.

We are simply not seeing any numbers that tell me otherwise.

In a recent British study, David Wyllie and others found no symptomatic re-infections from COVID-19 after following 2800 patients for several months. In fact, there have been no reports of significant numbers of re-infections after acquiring COVID-19 naturally.

Shane Crotty, a virologist at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology, concludes from his experiments that, “The amount of (immune) memory (gained from natural infection) would likely prevent the vast majority of people from getting hospitalized disease, severe disease, for many years.”

In this study which was published in Science, Crotty showed that antibody levels stayed relatively constant with only “modest declines at 6-8 months.”

Crotty reported that “Notably, memory B cells specific for the spike protein or RBD were detected in almost all COVID-19 cases, with no apparent half-life at 5 to 8 months after infection.” In other words, Crotty found significant evidence of long-term immunity after COVID infection.

Furthermore, Crotty noted, “B cell memory to some other infections has been observed to be long-lived, including 60+ years after smallpox vaccination, or 90+ years after infection with influenza.”

We have begun to study this, though we already know the answer — natural immunity against COVID 19 appears to be at least as good as vaccine immunity.

In one extensive recent study in The Lancet, Dr. Florian Kramer of the Icahn School of Medicine noted: “the findings of the authors suggest that infection and the development of antibody response provides protection similar to or even better than current used SARS COV-2 vaccines.”

Rather than being pessimistic toward people gaining immunity after they’ve had COVID, studies argue for significant optimism. Because what we do know is that there have been no scientific studies arguing or proving that infection with COVID does not create immunity.

There have also been no studies showing significant numbers of reinfection. Of the 30 million Americans who have had COVID, only a handful of reinfections have been discovered.

Additionally, a recent study shows that vaccines and naturally acquired immunity do effectively neutralize COVID variants. Participants who had previously been either vaccinated or infected were exposed to four variants of the coronavirus.

The study, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, reported that for the participants they “found neutralizing activity of infection- and vaccine-elicited antibodies against 4 SARS-CoV-2 variants, including B.1, B.1.1.7, and N501Y. Because neutralization studies measure the ability of antibodies to block infection, these results suggest that infection and vaccine-induced immunity may be retained against the B.1.1.7 variant.”

And just this week, CDC Director Rochelle Walensky publicly said that, “our data from the CDC today suggests that vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don't get sick, and that it's not just in the clinical trials, but it's also in real-world data."

Their website offers similar information for those who have natural immunity.

That’s great news for everyone except the bureaucrats who are running out of ways to control every aspect of your life!

We should be excited, throwing away our masks, and celebrating after hearing about these real scientific studies.

Whether you have natural immunity or vaccine immunity.
    https://amp.courier-journal.com/amp/7468051002

Well....duh. Here is the game Dr. FrankenFauci plays. When there is something that everyone should already know to be true (sunlight and fresh air kill the virus, hot air kills the virus, herd immunity for people who have gotten over the virus is a real thing), Dr. Fauci was always "Well...I'm not sure...there's not enough data." But when it's "Is an experimental gene therapy 'vaccine' safe and effective?" Oh definitely! You can trust the science!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Creating problems where there are none is typical of most sheople.

They are begging for vaccines, and medical passports to accompany them. People feel special and important when they carry special identification tags with them, whether CCW or Travel Permits. More is better, even when it is not, in Amerika.

“Wait… my hair… I need to repose.” [fixes smile]

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A4CDA397-7C0E-4814-AEB1-6FE750032991.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	567.8 KB 
ID:	8187
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    About 80% have immunity before as well