View Poll Results: Do you support Rand Paul for president 2024?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Count me in!

20 62.50%
  • Maybe. We'll see what happens.

8 25.00%
  • No because Rand's just not going to run.

2 6.25%
  • No because I prefer Cheetah man

1 3.13%
  • No because I'm afraid for his life.

0 0%
  • No because nobody with the last name "Paul" can win.

1 3.13%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you support Rand Paul for president 2024?

Do you support Rand Paul for president 2024?

It's obvious to me that Rand Paul is raising his national profile in a major way. I think he is the only potential candidate that can truly unite the GOP and possibly unite the country. The more I think about it, the more stoked I am for Rand Paul 2024. Others seem to be Debbie downers on the idea. So...I'm curious if I'm the only one.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm a definite yes.

But I don't see myself getting very seriously committed to it.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    I'm a definite yes.

But I don't see myself getting very seriously committed to it.
    Here is my commitment. It's more of a commitment to myself. I plan to be independently wealthy by that time so I can drop the max $2,500 without thinking about it rather than quibbling over whether I can spare another $25.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I'll continue to support all liberty candidates. I'll support Rand all the way. I'll support Dave Smith and the LP Mises Caucus, too. If Massie ran, I'd support him too.

Basically, anyone who wants to try to stop this insanity, I'll support. I will say that Rand is best positioned to do that right now, but however it shakes out, I'll support it.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I'm accepting donations to my campaign to run for undetermined office in 2028
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

If he runs, it's only because hes using it to educate the masses as to what's going on in our country. My guess is he's not going to since he knows if he ever miraculously made it to the general election he would get cheated.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    If he runs, it's only because hes using it to educate the masses as to what's going on in our country. My guess is he's not going to since he knows if he ever miraculously made it to the general election he would get cheated.
    Call me an optimist, but I do think there is a 0.00001% chance where Rand could actually win the 2024 popularity contest.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

I am pretty positive he isn't going to run.

If he did, he would be the most pro-liberty candidate in the field, not even close.

I would vote for him and do some things here and there to help, but I wouldn't put in as much effort as I did in his Senate campaign or for Ron's campaign. He has compromised a bit too much and not to mention, knowing how he has run things so far, his time in the White House would quickly turn sour.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah I would. I also like DeSantis.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Meh, he just signed the largest tax hike in Florida's history in the middle of the night, and he hasn't done a thing to seriously advance the right to keep and bear arms.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    He has compromised a bit too much
    lol ur nuts
    - Kim Kardashian

Meh, he just signed the largest tax hike in Florida's history in the middle of the night, and he hasn't done a thing to seriously advance the right to keep and bear arms.
    That has already been argued here unsucessfully. He is just enforcing tax law that was already in place for the benefit of Florida businesses, wich in turn will create jobs.

Florida is a shall issue stand your ground state. That isn't too bad. Open carry while it should be legal always is stupid IMO, you just freak out the liberals and cause problems. Carry a handgun and keep it concealed, it's not a big deal. You don't need to strap on an AR to shop at the walmart. The way the winds are blowing it will probably go constitutional carry eventually.

Of course he should run, I would fully support him. If Trump runs, there is no way he will win, but he should still put his ideas out there and maybe even get a shot at VP.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Thumbs down

That has already been argued here unsucessfully. He is just enforcing tax law that was already in place for the benefit of Florida businesses, wich in turn will create jobs.
    Wrong.

More money is coming out of my pocket, therefore it is a tax hike. And taxes never "Create jobs"

Florida is a shall issue stand your ground state. That isn't too bad. Open carry while it should be legal always is stupid IMO, you just freak out the liberals and cause problems. Carry a handgun and keep it concealed, it's not a big deal. You don't need to strap on an AR to shop at the walmart. The way the winds are blowing it will probably go constitutional carry eventually.
    A right delayed is a right denied. There is no excuse for him not to be pushing Constitutional Carry.

You don't need to strap on an AR to shop at the walmart.
    Speak for yourself.
    - Kim Kardashian

That has already been argued here unsucessfully.
    It was argued here quite successfully.

Your sophistry to weasel out of it is what was unsuccessful. Even your own words ostensibly explaining how it's not a tax hike are words that describe a tax hike.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i do not expect him to run , but yes i would vote for him in the primary as before
    Do something Danke

He has compromised a bit too much and not to mention, knowing how he has run things so far, his time in the White House would quickly turn sour.

Collinz: "This lemonade is too sour - gimme that warm cup of piss to guzzle!"
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

It was argued here quite successfully.

Your sophistry to weasel out of it is what was unsuccessful. Even your own words ostensibly explaining how it's not a tax hike are words that describe a tax hike.
    Sales tax was due on online purchases in Florida. It just was not enforced. Now it's collected. No new taxes were created and no taxes were rasised.

If you were cheating on your federal taxes for years, got caught and now have to pay the full amount is that a tax hike? It's no different.

Sales tax was due on online purchases in Florida. It just was not enforced. Now it's collected.
    Enforcement is what makes taxes taxes.

Without that, they're just voluntary contributions.

That's why Florida expected to get more revenue by way of this tax increase. If it weren't a tax increase they wouldn't get more revenue.
    Ron Paul

100%.
    "I am a bird"

Enforcement is what makes taxes taxes.

Without that, they're just voluntary contributions.

That's why Florida expected to get more revenue by way of this tax increase. If it weren't a tax increase they wouldn't get more revenue.
    If you don't murder people, you are making a voluntary contribution to population growth. By your logic, that is a true statement right?

The tax laws were on the books. People were getting away with it, but now aren't. That is all that happened. Nobody increased anything.

If you don't murder people, you are making a voluntary contribution to population growth. By your logic, that is a true statement right?

The tax laws were on the books. People were getting away with it, but now aren't. That is all that happened. Nobody increased anything.

That is neither a true statement, nor does it resemble the logic I used.

People were getting away with not paying that tax that was on the books (i.e. they were getting away with not being robbed of money that was and still is rightfully theirs and not the state's) because the state allowed them to get away with it. Now they aren't getting away with it because the state isn't allowing them to.

That's a tax increase.

To put it more bluntly and accurately, the state is stealing more than it did before thanks to DeSantis.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 05-27-2021 at 03:08 PM.
    Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't vote for trash anymore, right or left. So no.

*Cough

Dave Smith

*Cough

Uh...no. These taxes were not "on the books." People were not "getting away with it." It's the out of state sales tax issue. Prior to this law a retailer in, say Texas, was not required to collect sales tax for residents in Florida. The law Desantis signed changed that. If all 50 states do this (and that's likely), then an online retailer will have to have 50 different sales tax systems set up.

DeSantis is up for reelection next year. He most likely won't run since he probably wants to cement himself in Florida. If he ever does run, I don't expect it until 2028.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I think he plans to run. He's borrowed a page from Trump by being more assertive. I would like to see a Rand-Kristi Noem ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I think he plans to run. He's borrowed a page from Trump by being more assertive. I would like to see a Rand-Kristi Noem ticket.
    Could work, she's decent looking. She's got that Sarah-Palin-Before-She-Got-Old vibe
    - Kim Kardashian

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast