Thread: The economy is being supported by non-shot takers; shot takers still staying home

The economy is being supported by non-shot takers; shot takers still staying home

Perhaps a conundrum is arising for the central planners. A data analytics firm has determined that those who have taken the shots are not engaging in public economic activity nearly as much as those who do not intend to take the shots (~50%/~70). Makes sense since those who rushed out to get injected were also the most fearful in general. After getting the shots they're still fearful. The conundrum is that implementing passports cuts off the public economic drivers while catering to those who are hesitant to return to public economic activity. There's no guarantee that even promising a "fully vaccinated environment" will entice them back out. I've heard anecdotally that the most fearful are pledging, in various forms, to "never leave the house again". Seems the damage to a lot of people's psyches has been done and is probably irreversible.

WSJ paywall article: https://www.wsj.com/articles/are-vac...ow-11621848600
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    ...I've heard anecdotally that the most fearful are pledging, in various forms, to "never leave the house again". Seems the damage to a lot of people's psyches has been done and is probably irreversible.
    Interesting. The jab grabbers that I know went gangbusters in open society after getting the jab. They even stopped questioning/challenging my bare face. I know they'll turn on me once "the cases" start going up again, but right now I'm not seeing what the data analytics firm is claiming to see.

ETA: I'm in agreement with "damage to psyches" -- as I said, I know they'll turn on me once they receive the right stimulus.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

The American economy is supported by 20 to 60 percent of the population . Twenty percent pay more tax than they use and 60 percent are employed at all. This along with the continual addition to money ( devaluation) weakening the worthless , unbacked paper dollar is why the current welfare state will fail.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Interesting. The jab grabbers that I know went gangbusters in open society after getting the jab. They even stopped questioning/challenging my bare face. I know they'll turn on me once "the cases" start going up again, but right now I'm not seeing what the data analytics firm is claiming to see.

ETA: I'm in agreement with "damage to psyches" -- as I said, I know they'll turn on me once they receive the right stimulus.
    Weird. Is it regional? I noted the other day when I went to mart-laW that EVERYONE was still wearing masks and acting like it was middle of last year. Even with the blaring announcements that "vaccine recipients no longer are required to wear masks", everyone was still wearing them. Except me, of course lol. So either people who have taken the shots around here are still fearful or nowhere near the amount of shots have been administered as being claimed (50% of national population). A third possibility is that people have become so conditioned to the masks that they won't take them off no matter what. They're like a security blanket or something. I commented early last year when the masking started that I thought the masks were getting Americans to emulate Asian behavior. Are the masks to help our new Asian overlords feel more comfortable here? It's no coincidence that over the last few months the media has been awash in Asian narratives and Congress even passed an Asian violence bill. Hmm...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

The non-shot takers I know including myself have been back to normal for a long time now, with the exception of having to wear masks in stores. Many people who have gotten the shot had also been back to normal long before they got the shot.

But there is a good portion of the shot takers I know that are still acting like it’s April 2020 in full lockdown, and don't plan on coming out until possibly in the Fall.

Edit: The ones that are still hiding are all on the left. CNN watcher types. It seems to me that whether someone gets the vaccine or not is not correlated as much as whether someone is a leftist, MSM zombie.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-25-2021 at 09:32 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Weird. Is it regional? I noted the other day when I went to mart-laW that EVERYONE was still wearing masks and acting like it was middle of last year. Even with the blaring announcements that "vaccine recipients no longer are required to wear masks", everyone was still wearing them. Except me, of course lol. So either people who have taken the shots around here are still fearful or nowhere near the amount of shots have been administered as being claimed (50% of national population). A third possibility is that people have become so conditioned to the masks that they won't take them off no matter what. They're like a security blanket or something. I commented early last year when the masking started that I thought the masks were getting Americans to emulate Asian behavior. Are the masks to help our new Asian overlords feel more comfortable here? It's no coincidence that over the last few months the media has been awash in Asian narratives and Congress even passed an Asian violence bill. Hmm...
    Every person I know that has taken COVID 19 vaccines still wears a masks.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.