Thread: Italian cable car plunges to the ground, killing at least 9 including 5 Israelis

Italian cable car plunges to the ground, killing at least 9 including 5 Israelis

According to Italian media :

foxnews.com/world/italian-cable-car-plunge-deaths

Italian cable car plunges to the ground, killing at least 9

Associated Press
    Fox News Flash top headlines for May 23

A mountaintop cable car plunged to the ground in northern Italy on Sunday, killing at least nine people and sending two children to the hospital, authorities said.
    A photo of the wreckage taken by Italy's fire squad showed the crushed and crumpled remains of the cable car in a clearing of a thick patch of pine trees near the summit of the Mottarone peak overlooking Lake Maggiore.
    At that location, the cables of the ski lift were particularly high off the ground, said Walter Milan, spokesman for the Alpine rescue service. The cause has not been determined.

At least 5 Israelis killed in Italian cable car accident
    Italian media report Alpine sky tram plunges to ground and rolls several times down the steep slopes before being stopped by trees

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mussolini reopened it mid August 2016. The railway which was built on a filled in river bed ran 1911 to 1963 and the cable car was used to replace it in 1960. The 19 Euros does not get you into the Alpine gardens .
    Do something Danke

If ED wants to view the Alpine gardens thats 4 more Euros.
    Do something Danke

My first thought was that this was another brave US miitary kill until I saw that five of our bestest, bestest friends were onboard.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 05-24-2021 at 05:16 AM.

RIP ny times says at least 14 dead including three children ,among the deceased an Iranian living in southern Italy , an Israeli family of six , four of whom live in Milan , saying half were foreigners so I'm guessing the others were Italian . Italian Military police have the area secured and I imagine they will be doing the investigating. Cable seen above the car was severed . It fell about forty feet was the estimate. These things are huge as I remember and would seat dozens, so I'm thinking very heavy once loaded.
    Do something Danke

Should have worn masks
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Should have worn masks
    I bet all 9 were tested and listed as COVID fatalities.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I bet all 9 were tested and listed as COVID fatalities.
    Wait, did the CDC ever authorize cable-car rides? I bet that explains it...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cable car crash survivor opens eyes; suspect confesses to tampering with brakes

Italian doctors say 5-year-old Eitan Biran has begun to emerge from coma, but rehabilitation process will be gradual and require great deal of work; police official says at least 1 of 3 detainees admits clamp placed on emergency brake

Ynet, News agencies |
    Published: 05.26.21 , 14:37

Eitan Biran, the 5-year-old lone survivor of a cable car crash in Italy that killed his parents, little brother and great grandparents, has begun to wake up from his coma at a local hospital.

Meanwhile, at least one of three people arrested over the crash that killed a total of 14 people on Sunday has admitted that the emergency brake on the funicular had been deactivated.
    ynetnews.com/article/S18A9ssKu