Thread: Ford F-150 Lightning All-Electric Pickup Truck

Ford F-150 Lightning All-Electric Pickup Truck

I have to say, I want one..... base price $40,000, fully loaded with taxes and fees, about $100,000.

Maximum towing capacity is 10,000lbs!

Full time 4-wheel drive.

And it's got a Frunk!

Last edited by Mach; 05-20-2021 at 10:44 PM.
    FJB

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    100k? Ya good luck with that , dont expect to see them around here . Most people are paying 160K for homes they could have bought for 125 two years ago .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    100k? Ya good luck with that , dont expect to see them around here . Most people are paying 160K for homes they could have bought for 125 two years ago .

I'll have to put a camper attachment on the bed and just live in it, the Keys in the winter and North in the summer.

By the way, yes, homes prices are ridiculous, a family member just bought a house and went in with a higher than asking offer. If I go with what they are saying about home prices, my home has appreciated in value by over 60% since 2013.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I'm sure the Biden administration will come out with a green rebate to half the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    I'll have to put a camper attachment on the bed and just live in it, the Keys in the winter and North in the summer.
    So, you're driving your electric a hundred miles, plugging it in for eight hours to take it easy on the battery, driving hundred miles, and plugging it in for the night?

Should be there in a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, you're driving your electric a hundred miles, plugging it in for eight hours to take it easy on the battery, driving hundred miles, and plugging it in for the night?

That wouldn't bother me, cruising around is half the fun.... and I will just carry a load of extra batteries on a trailer anyway, so, no problem.

Once I get up north I will just get an extra long extension cord and steal Dankes electricity.
    FJB

‘Complete and Total Disaster:’ Ford Electric Truck Utterly Fails YouTuber’s Towing Test

A YouTuber with 1.4 million followers attempted to tow a 1930 Ford Model A truck with his brand new 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning electric pickup truck, but it ended in “a complete and total disaster.” “If a truck towing 3,500 pounds can’t even go 100 miles — that is ridiculously stupid,” Tyler “Hoovie” Hoover says in his video. “This truck can’t do normal truck things. You would be stopping every hour to recharge, which would take about 45 minutes a pop, and that is absolutely not practical.”

“This is my new 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning electric pickup truck,” YouTuber Tyler “Hoovie” Hoover said in a video in which he tests the electric truck’s towing capabilities, which resulted in “a complete and total disaster.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nS0Fdayj8Y

More: https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/...s-towing-test/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Yep. Don't tow with an EV.

In fact, be careful about carrying heavy loads.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TFLtruck
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Why not just use a Range Extender,, Charge your Batteries on the fly,, and drive as far as you want.

Fuel Cells are old ignored Tech.
    or is it Suppressed Tech??

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

https://twitter.com/DevonRGardner/st...25649497579520